(Topic ID: 42922)

AC/DC Premium - What are the "must have" items ?

By oga83

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BOBCADE
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

122530b740392b619bab807c24e1642b.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and also new to pinballs.
I just got my first pinball (AC/DC Premium) a few weeks ago, and I really enjoy it
This site is a gold mine for newbies like me !

Based on what I read on the forum, I am about to add the following items :
- shaker motor
- cliffy shooter eject protector
- shooter lane kickout protector

but I'm still wondering if it is worth to :
- use mylar film (on the canon drop area)
- use wax to protect the playfield
- use glass anti-rattle tape

and also, am I missing something else ?

I would appreciate your feedback on this !

Thanks in advance
Olivier

#2 11 years ago

If you have the extra cash this will be a must have! Coming soon.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-mod-with-prototype-flasher-awesome

#3 11 years ago

Invisiglass!!

Congrats on the game.

#4 11 years ago

what about pincab protectors?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Doesn't the premium have the metal cabinet/leg protectors already from the factory like the LE's?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Doesn't the premium have the metal cabinet/leg protectors already from the factory like the LE's?

Yes

#7 11 years ago

A Topper. Laseriffics are pretty awesome. You can get them on PBL.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

That is a good darned question. Hmmm, can't tell from Stern's web site

#9 11 years ago

I would just enjoy the game the way it is. Stern did a fantastic job with it. Throw those extra nickels in a jar for your next pin purchase.

#10 11 years ago

For cheap-
Add ultra bright 89 Leds to the pop bumper area- under playfield.
That factory bulbs go out right away. You will need 3 and when they light up it is awesome.
Caution- may cause seizures.

#11 11 years ago

Thank you everybody for your comments.

Yes I will do; it looks awsome !

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Invisiglass!!

I might be wrong but it seems very expensive for the benefits it would provide. Moreover, PBL cannot ship it in europe.

Quoted from BackFlipper:

A Topper. Laseriffics are pretty awesome. You can get them on PBL.

I was looking for the "AC/DC guitar" topper, but I could not find it. PBL only has the "cannon" topper. Any idea where I can find it ?

Quoted from maddog14:

My premium already has metal legs.

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I would just enjoy the game the way it is. Stern did a fantastic job with it. Throw those extra nickels in a jar for your next pin purchase.

I agree - this pinball is amazing as it is. But my eject lane already has scrapes after one month that's why I started to look at the protectors...

Quoted from ryan1234:

For cheap-
That factory bulbs go out right away. You will need 3 and when they light up it is awesome.

Thanks for the advice; I was about to order standard #89 leds as I have a burnt one (the cannon flasher and it is a pain to replace). What kind of seizures can be caused ? Fuse burn ?
[EDIT] You mean these ones ? : http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1247

#12 11 years ago

External volume control. You know you'll want to crank that thing up!

#13 11 years ago

External headphone jack. You will be amazed at what you don't hear with just the regular speakers.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2708

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Quoted from oga83:

What kind of seizures can be caused ? Fuse burn ?

That part was a lame joke- on amusement rides whenever there are strobe lights, they always have that disclaimer.

Yes those are the bulbs- you want the ones that point straight up.

PS- I found the LEDs in the cannon flasher were too bright for me.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

The 89s with 8 LEDs right?

Flat 8s:

http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=19DECB48B6FC40DC21F83A9DD6F6174E.qscstrfrnt03?categoryId=8

#16 11 years ago

What about Mylar in front of the drop targets that the canon hits also is any protection needed in/under the Bell area?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Flat-8 89s, not the Super 89s?

The brighter the better (personal preference.)
Yes-the flat ones--- HUGE difference compared to factory/incandescence.
EDIT- I think I bought pinball lifes- only because I was making a order there already.
Pinball life/Cointaker-both will work. Cointaker is cheaper.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

That part was a lame joke- on amusement rides whenever there are strobe lights, they always have that disclaimer.

Ah Ah ! I didn't know that word and Google Translate didn't translate it correctly...

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What about Mylar in front of the drop targets that the canon hits also is any protection needed in/under the Bell area?

I was wondering about it, but I read that that the removal was not easy and could also cause damages to the playfield. Is that correct ?

#20 11 years ago

Nah man, this is Pinside...we don't roll like that. NO game is complete until its had $2,000 worth of unnecessary mods added to it.

#21 11 years ago

Should I get Pinguard cabinet protectors for my coming Pro?

#22 11 years ago

External powered Sub is a must for ACDC. Might as well let the whole neighborhood know your playing.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Nah man, this is Pinside...we don't roll like that. NO game is complete until its had $2,000 worth of unnecessary mods added to it.

Nothing wrong with mods. The OP said this was his first pin, I'd concentrate on mods after I was out of space. Only one pin is a sad and lonely thing.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from HugTheMouse:

Should I get Pinguard cabinet protectors for my coming Pro?

No. All new Sterns come with metal cabinet leg protecters from the factory.

#25 11 years ago

No. All new Sterns come with metal cabinet leg protecters from the factory.

Thanks. I will just order the cliffys for the shooter lane then.

#26 11 years ago

Thanks. I will just order the cliffys for the shooter lane then.

make sure to get all 3 Cliffy protectors for the shooter lane that way it will be bulletproof

image.jpgimage.jpg

#27 11 years ago

make sure to get all 3 Cliffy protectors for the shooter lane that way it will be bulletproof

Why come the odd mounting of the shooter lane protector?

Generally you just unscrew the bubble level and slide it up so the lower screw goes where the upper screw used to, then make a new hole to screw in the top of the level. The old lower hole for the level is for the upper hole in the protector. Screw in lower hole of protector making second new hole. Then the level isn't sitting on top of the protector, and all holes are being used.

Maybe you know something I don't?

#28 11 years ago

The shooter lane protector is from Stern, not Cliffy.

#29 11 years ago

For AC/DC, what are you getting from Cliff aside from the ball eject protector?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Bischt:

Why come the odd mounting of the shooter lane protector?
Generally you just unscrew the bubble level and slide it up so the lower screw goes where the upper screw used to, then make a new hole to screw in the top of the level. The old lower hole for the level is for the upper hole in the protector. Screw in lower hole of protector making second new hole. Then the level isn't sitting on top of the protector, and all holes are being used.
Maybe you know something I don't?

The pic I posted isn't my game but I have all 3 protectors to put on when my ac/dc arrives

Quoted from flashburn:

I'm pretty sure that all 3 protectors in the pic are cliffys Stern doesn't include lane protectors on ac/dc as far as I know.

#31 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure that all 3 protectors in the pic are cliffys Stern doesn't include lane protectors on ac/dc as far as I know.

This is the kickout protector: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120

So what are the two Cliffys...the ball eject protector and ?? I don't see a third protector in that picture.

#32 11 years ago

The 3rd protector is the right lane protector issue pic

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 11 years ago

The 3rd protector is the right lane protector

Got it - thanks!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Not quite. The STRIKE PLATE protects the black wood rail and is a Pinball Life part. The two Hyperthin shooter eject protectors are mine on either side of the shooter groove and protect the playfield.

#35 11 years ago

It's my Acdc on the picture

Pinball life supplied the kickout protector indeed, rest is Cliffy

When I removed the buble it showed that it was pressed into the wood misforming it and that's why I decided to let the bubble stay and places the protector in its current position where it still touches the ball when it ejects eg or offers the desired protection

#36 11 years ago

Rensh sorry I used your pic but yours is the only example I could find with all 3 protectors
And I don't have my machine yet.
You only get one chance to protect your brand new shooter lane.. I will install mine before i play a single game.

#37 11 years ago

Isn't invisiglass made in Germany? You may be able to get a good deal!

#38 11 years ago

So has anyone answered the mylar question? Does the area by the drop targets that the cannon shoots get beat up?If getting mylar- where from? Saw some on MARCO SITE....

#39 11 years ago

Where does one go to order the two extra cliffy shooter lane protectors?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Where does one go to order the two extra cliffy shooter lane protectors?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So has anyone answered the mylar question? Does the area by the drop targets that the cannon shoots get beat up?If getting mylar- where from? Saw some on MARCO SITE....

+1 i would also like to know..I am hesitant to put mylar on a brand new playfield
Can any ac/dc owners chime in here?

#43 11 years ago

Cliff I didn't see the right shooter lane protector when I ordered mine from you for acdc. Where is it at on your site and what's the price on it? Thanks

#44 11 years ago

+1 i would also like to know..I am hesitant to put mylar on a brand new playfield. Can any ac/dc owners chime in here?

I didn't put mylar on mine but I put a Pinball Pal stealth protector below the drops due to the cannon fire. I had a sheet leftover from a while back and cut a piece to fit. I'm not sure exactly what the material is, or where you'd get it now, but it's safer to remove than mylar.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Cliff I didn't see the right shooter lane protector when I ordered mine from you for acdc. Where is it at on your site and what's the price on it? Thanks

Email Cliffy direct at [email protected] and tell him you need a "Right side eject protector"
as i dont think he has these listed for sale yet.

#46 11 years ago

Email Cliffy direct at [email protected] and tell him you need a "Right side eject protector"as i dont think he has these listed for sale yet.

Ahh thank you

#47 11 years ago

Sorry for the dumb question, but do these require drilling into anything? Or do they slip over existing hardware?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Sorry for the dumb question, but do these require drilling into anything? Or do they slip over existing hardware?

Nope, no drilling required. They slip right in with the existing set up.

In general, all his are like that. Some are real easy, and others use existing screws to hold them in. Depending on which one you are installing, you might have anywhere from one screw to a while scoop mechanism to take out. Depends on the game. Regardless, I've never seen or heard of one requiring any irreversible work.

#49 11 years ago

Are ramp protectors not a must for the left ramp? I'm only now thinking of buying one, and I recall reading that before.

1 month later
#50 10 years ago

I just picked up a AC/DC Prem from the April run and Stern seems to have replaced the Metal Cabinet Protectors with thinner plastic ones. I will be ordering a Metal set to replace the thinner plastic set. Once I get them I will provide an update with comparison pics and measurements...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-what-are-the-must-have-items/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.