image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
side_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hdmike444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Just wondering what people think, I am looking for either one. I had met and want it back but have played acdc and want one as well and just wondering if there are any opinions. I would say I'm a medium level player (at best)if I had to guess.
I have a small collection 2-4 pins usually.
I'm totally on the fence but may go nib met just due to availabity and the fact that my pin $ is burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks for any input

#8 8 years ago

I would love a met le but they just creep up too much in price and are hard to find even for sale.

Just to add a little something to the mix any thoughts on walking dead premium in this mix?

#22 8 years ago

I found I loved the music on Metallica, and it wasn't integrated into the play it still felt like it. I also like acdc as a band as well so does the integration of the music make a huge difference?

#39 8 years ago

Nice looking pin

Musically I like both, some times Metallica edges out acdc and sometimes it's the opposite.
I think I need to put a few more games on acdc. How is the speed/ flow compared to met? If I remember correctly acdc was a bit more stop and go ( not saying that's a bad thing) but it's been a while since I played one.

I definately like met artwork better but that's not enough to sway me

The only reason I mentioned TWD was I have heard it is great with the new code. I've only played a pro when they first came out and was not impressed, so maybe the new code and a premium makes a big difference. As for now though it is off the table

#41 8 years ago

Sorry I guess I derailed my own thread

Back on track

#68 8 years ago

After owning a met premium for a short bit I don't think I could go to a pro, and I do not like the acdc pro so no matter what I do it will be premium

#93 8 years ago

Well met is leading by a nose.
might have to get my first nib

#95 8 years ago

Needed cash. I think of pins like a savings account, if I need cash I dip into them. Some are easier to see go more than others.

#105 8 years ago

I agree Aurich's translight is by far the best one for a AC/DC
I know you don't play the back glass but I certainly would not want to stare at the original all the time

#110 8 years ago

Does anyone have a new run met premium? I can't seem to find a pic of that game with the new back box

#126 8 years ago

So the voting has seemed to have ended and it is a tie so it was time to make a decision. I decided to go NIB Metallica premium since I just couldn't find a local ACDC.I spoke with Melissa on Friday and she said to call her back on Monday to make sure she still had on in stock.
I was on line all weekend ordering a bunch of starter protectors and mods, plastic protectors, cliffys,Mylar for magnets and various areas, snake mouth light mod, fangs and tongue decal and the sweet pingraffix snake plastic and ramp decal, and a few other mods etc that I can't remember( mixing rum with ordering isn't always the best idea)
I was all set to head to the bank on Monday and get e cash wired and get my first nib pin....then I got an email Sunday afternoon from a post on a local forum a couple weeks ago that changed my mind and I brought this home today.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I'll get more/ better pics up later, but it is beautiful and I'm happy with my decision. It was great to meet another pinhead
Thanks again Shawn!

#130 8 years ago

Well I really was set on met and do love it but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab this. And it is definately the better looking translight by a mile thanks to you

#139 8 years ago

Couple mor pics. I ordered cliffys and Mylar to make sure it stays nice and clean. Game has just over 250 plays and I'm the second owner now. Modded out nicely, plus a few more uninstalled. Sounds amazing with the amp and 12" speaker. Very happy with it so far now I just need to learn the rules.

#141 8 years ago

Yeah I saw a link on here to an abridged rules PDF but it was no longer good so I am hoping I can search around here and find it someplace else. I started reading a full length version and was going crossed eyed after a bit.

#143 8 years ago

Boy I hope that's not the abridged version

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Start with one piece at a time.
Like, once you pick a song, what do you need to do next? Ie: Hells Bells, you hit the bell. Or Rock n Roll Train, you need to make the left ramp, then combo to another shot.
Once you qualify the song, the 5 major shots light up. Good points for making any shot that has a lit song note. Once you make all 5, they relight. You build your jackpot by making a lot of those note shots.
One thing I didn't understand for a long time is what to do during multiball. If it's Jam multiball, keep making ramp shots. As many as you can.
For Album multiball, complete target banks. Tour multiball, make loop shots.
After multiball starts, you want to complete any note shots that are currently lit. Doing that will give you an add a ball and ball saver, but you can only do that once per multiball. A VIP pass will take out one of those shots each time you hit the button, so if you drain down to one ball, you can often reset the multiball by using a VIP pass if you have enough passes to complete the set of note shots remaining.
Good luck!

Thanks, this sounds like a good strategy. I am no great pinball player so it will be a slow and steady race for me .

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looks sweet! Hey what do you think of the speaker panel decal? Does it look as good up close as it does in your pics? Thanks for giving us a look.

The decal looks awesome, like it came from the factory that way. I'm not always a huge fan of speaker panel decals, but this one is perfect.

#153 8 years ago

Anybody have thought on whether I should add a shaker? is it a total game changer? I didn't love it on my spiderman, but played a Metallica with it and enjoyed it.

#161 8 years ago

I'm assuming this is not the latest code(not to sound dumb but I have no idea). I'm assuming it's the original and if so I'm assuming I should upgrade it.

#165 8 years ago

I started watching some of the video last night and then played for a little while , what a brutal but extremely fun game
I started playing with different songs to see the difference, pretty cool
Boy those TNT targets are a complete bastard but so damn tempting

#167 8 years ago

I checked it just now and it's 1.65 which is good I heard there isn't much of a difference between 1.68
Thanks again Shawn I am loving the abuse this game is giving me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hdmike444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-met-premium?tu=hdmike444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.