Topic poll

“Pick-em”

• MET premium 55 votes
    51%
  • AC/DC premium 52 votes
    49%

(107 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_2076_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
side_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Boy I hope that's not the abridged version

Do yourself a favor, watch this:

It's not going to teach you all the subtle stuff, but it will give you some practical tips for how to approach the game.

#153 3 years ago

Anybody have thought on whether I should add a shaker? is it a total game changer? I didn't love it on my spiderman, but played a Metallica with it and enjoyed it.

#154 3 years ago

Shaker to me is well worth it on both machines. I have a Met pro and AC/DC premium and both have shakers. Seems more used in Met but appreciate in both.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Anybody have thought on whether I should add a shaker? is it a total game changer?

It depends if you're really impressed by a game shaking. Never really excited me before so no reason for me to get it.

#156 3 years ago

I have both and would pick Metallica.

image_(resized).jpeg

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I have both and would pick Metallica.

image_(resized).jpeg

Very nice!!

How would you rank your MET and ACDC to TWD and Star Trek Premium? (as I see you either have or had these titles in your collection in the past.)

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Shaker to me is well worth it on both machines. I have a Met pro and AC/DC premium and both have shakers. Seems more used in Met but appreciate in both.

I was going to buy a shaker for my Luci. I like using pinball life. For the love of me though, I thought I read that the shakers there have issues. Where did you buy yours from please? Is there a brand name on these things that you know of? Or just generic in a plain cardboard box? I would like to buy a problem free type since I am knee deep in fixing other things on other pins and want Luci to not add to the list

TY in advance bud!

#159 3 years ago

I've had a Pinball Life shaker in my Luci for 2 years now and zero issues with it.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I was going to buy a shaker for my Luci. I like using pinball life. For the love of me though, I thought I read that the shakers there have issues.

You're totally safe at Pinball Life. The issue was that their shakers weren't 100% compatible with Spike games. Was missing a resistor or something minor, I forget now.

They've fixed that now I believe, but it wouldn't have affected your Luci anyways, she's a SAM game. Buy from Terry with confidence.

#161 3 years ago

I'm assuming this is not the latest code(not to sound dumb but I have no idea). I'm assuming it's the original and if so I'm assuming I should upgrade it.

image_(resized).jpeg

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I'm assuming this is not the latest code(not to sound dumb but I have no idea). I'm assuming it's the original and if so I'm assuming I should upgrade it.

image_(resized).jpeg

When u first turn the pin on it will say what code your running

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're totally safe at Pinball Life. The issue was that their shakers weren't 100% compatible with Spike games. Was missing a resistor or something minor, I forget now.
They've fixed that now I believe, but it wouldn't have affected your Luci anyways, she's a SAM game. Buy from Terry with confidence.

Oh. This is good news. Thanks for saving me the trouble of searching for the issue here. My tired old eyes are not what they used to be, you saved me some trouble for sure! Going to head over to his site after reading here a bit. I do not think I have read a negative post regarding installing a shaker to an AcDc pin (other than that issue we just talked about). Seems like absolutely everyone loves the mod. I want to try and surprise my wife. Install it without her knowing and then asking her to play a 2 player game. Hehehe, going to have camera ready in case I can catch a really special surprise look on her face the first time is activates Since we have a house rule that whoever had high score last game and knowing she always beats me, it insures that she will be going first and I can have my camera ready.

Thank you again bud!

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I was going to buy a shaker for my Luci. I like using pinball life. For the love of me though, I thought I read that the shakers there have issues. Where did you buy yours from please? Is there a brand name on these things that you know of? Or just generic in a plain cardboard box? I would like to buy a problem free type since I am knee deep in fixing other things on other pins and want Luci to not add to the list
TY in advance bud!

Pinball Life. Don't recall if either I bought (both came from PL) were in a generic box but I believe so. No issues on either.

#165 3 years ago

I started watching some of the video last night and then played for a little while , what a brutal but extremely fun game
I started playing with different songs to see the difference, pretty cool
Boy those TNT targets are a complete bastard but so damn tempting

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

image_(resized).jpeg

I'm pretty sure i have installed the newest code mike

#167 3 years ago

I checked it just now and it's 1.65 which is good I heard there isn't much of a difference between 1.68
Thanks again Shawn I am loving the abuse this game is giving me

#168 3 years ago

I got abused for a few months and then it clicked. Hang in there.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I checked it just now and it's 1.65 which is good I heard there isn't much of a difference between 1.68
Thanks again Shawn I am loving the abuse this game is giving me

I'd like to hear if that's so. I have had someone change songs with pinball browser on 1.65 but didn't want to bother all the repeat work involved if there's not a lot of change in 1.68

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

image_(resized).jpeg

Code is changed with a USB stick and download not with rom chips like with Whitestar and older games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sedro-woolley, WA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 26.50
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Washington Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside