image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
side_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I prefer...the band the inspired the pin, maybe? Luci on an AC/DC pin is like putting a T Rex on a Tron, IMHO.

It could work...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#102 8 years ago

LOL. Nice, SKB!

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I prefer...the band the inspired the pin, maybe? Luci on an AC/DC pin is like putting a T Rex on a Tron, IMHO.

It's always amusing to see people soooo put off by the Luci artwork. It's a freaking pinball machine not something you hang on the wall as fine art.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It's always amusing to see people soooo put off by the Luci artwork. It's a freaking pinball machine not something you hang on the wall as fine art.

Exactly. Besides it's bad ass looking IMO. Its also why so many people pulled their or stock translite for Aurich's, because as good as ACDC is as a band, they are some ugly mofos.

#105 8 years ago

I agree Aurich's translight is by far the best one for a AC/DC
I know you don't play the back glass but I certainly would not want to stare at the original all the time

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Great point on the call outs ... There isnt many call outs on acdc at all really

Have you played AcDc a lot? There may be more callouts than you think.

#107 8 years ago

I like the Pro translite and put that on my Acdc premium.

IMO these are both great games but different. Depending on other machines in your collection you may be better off with one or the other. They pair well with each other or put a met with a tron or im. Put Acdc with a lotr or trek. I voted met only because if I had only one pin I'd take that one.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Exactly. Besides it's bad ass looking IMO. Its also why so many people pulled their or stock translite for Aurich's, because as good as ACDC is as a band, they are some ugly mofos.

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to both of you not chiming in about an opinion on any artwork in upcoming games. Ever. Because...you know...it's not important at all.

(Actually, BigDaddy, you contradicted yourself, because first you agreed with Smassa, then agreed with people swapping out the translite for something better. Oops.)

Different strokes for different folks, guys. But art DOES matter. Not as much as gameplay, of course, but if you have the same machine with two different options and one is made for lonely old pervs, well...

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to both of you not chiming in about an opinion on any artwork in upcoming games. Ever. Because...you know...it's not important at all.
(Actually, BigDaddy, you contradicted yourself, because first you agreed with Smassa, then agreed with people swapping out the translite for something better. Oops.)
Different strokes for different folks, guys. But art DOES matter. Not as much as gameplay, of course, but if you have the same machine with two different options and one is made for lonely old pervs, well...

I guess some of us just aren't that put off by a cartoon chick on the side of a pinball machine that fits the theme of a ACDC fan. I guess you're the type that wants photoshop images plastered all over the side of the machine???

#110 8 years ago

Does anyone have a new run met premium? I can't seem to find a pic of that game with the new back box

#111 8 years ago

Tight race, I'll be getting a Met pro soon.

Reading the rules it sounds like a blast with the individual hurry up shots etc..

Only negative I've heard is chopping wood to get to CIU but shounds like with all the side missions you'll be making a lot of those shots while doing those modes along the way so it's not like you only have to chop wood alone, other modes are being played.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have you played AcDc a lot? There may be more callouts than you think.

Yea I have bc I was gonna get one but I just cant come to like it for some reason. There aren't a lot of game play call outs compared to say met . Thats not a bad thing but just something I noticed .

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I agree Aurich's translight is by far the best one for a AC/DC
I know you don't play the back glass but I certainly would not want to stare at the original all the time

Ironically my ACDC Premium has the stock translite, I don't mind it.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tight race, I'll be getting a Met pro soon.
Reading the rules it sounds like a blast with the individual hurry up shots etc..
Only negative I've heard is chopping wood to get to CIU but shounds like with all the side missions you'll be making a lot of those shots while doing those modes along the way so it's not like you only have to chop wood alone, other modes are being played.

There aren't really any normal modes in Met, but there are 4 normal multi-balls: Sparky, Snake, Grave, Coffin
The special modes "Justice for All", "Fuel" and "Seek and Destroy" are pretty difficult to get to also.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree that art matters, its just not worth getting your panties in a wad over. That fact that you label people "pervs" because they like pulp style art tells me a lot about you. Its different taste, sorry you don't get it. That's all and that's it.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I agree that art matters, its just not worth getting your panties in a wad over. That fact that you label people "pervs" because they like pulp style art tells me a lot about you.

That I'm busting your balls? Because that's all that should have told you about me.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That I'm busting your balls? Because that's all that should have told you about me.

If you're just busting balls, I'm good then. I bust balls with the best of them, so carry on.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only negative I've heard is chopping wood to get to CIU

Don't listen to those people.

Rob

#119 8 years ago

I think it's cool that folks get their rocks off on the MET artwork. To me, the sparky toy looks cool...but the rest of the art just isn't my cup of tea. Does nothing for me.

ACDC is frequently blasted for it's look - which is a head scratcher, but I think the pin looks badass. It's like a barf of TGIF meets Cointaker. Love it.

Different strokes for different folks.

#120 8 years ago

Regarding the CIU chopping wood comment:

Don't all modern games essentially have a "chopping wood" element? Eventually the player is required to do something repetitively in order to reach a deeper layered goal.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think it's cool that folks get their rocks off on the MET artwork. To me, the sparky toy looks cool...but the rest of the art just isn't my cup of tea. Does nothing for me.
ACDC is frequently blasted for it's look - which is a head scratcher, but I think the pin looks badass. It's like a barf of TGIF meets Cointaker. Love it.
Different strokes for different folks.

I don't love the premium back glass art, but the PF art and toys are so tacky that it works, the perfect example is the moving band members, over the top cheese. It's so bad it's actually good.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Regarding the CIU chopping wood comment:
Don't all modern games essentially have a "chopping wood" element? Eventually the player is required to do something repetitively in order to reach a deeper layered goal.

I was more going by the Bowen tutorial where he has a lot of things lit by doing other things. But then he says like "OK, now I need 12 more coffins to get to the good stuff, watch me hit the coffin 12 times"

#123 8 years ago

It's a tie - 39 to 39. They are both winners.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If you're just busting balls, I'm good then. I bust balls with the best of them, so carry on.

That's absolutely all I'm doing. Hey...I'm not a fan of the Luci art, and yes, I would rather have the band on there. I'm an AC/DC fan, and it's the people who made the music I'd rather see. Does that make my opinion the only valid one? Hell no. But does that mean that I--being who I am (since I bust and get busted with the best of 'em)--am going to give up the chance to completely ridicule your opinion? Don't be silly!

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's absolutely all I'm doing. Hey...I'm not a fan of the Luci art, and yes, I would rather have the band on there. I'm an AC/DC fan, and it's the people who made the music I'd rather see.

Don't be silly - you know your just into guys!

#126 8 years ago

So the voting has seemed to have ended and it is a tie so it was time to make a decision. I decided to go NIB Metallica premium since I just couldn't find a local ACDC.I spoke with Melissa on Friday and she said to call her back on Monday to make sure she still had on in stock.
I was on line all weekend ordering a bunch of starter protectors and mods, plastic protectors, cliffys,Mylar for magnets and various areas, snake mouth light mod, fangs and tongue decal and the sweet pingraffix snake plastic and ramp decal, and a few other mods etc that I can't remember( mixing rum with ordering isn't always the best idea)
I was all set to head to the bank on Monday and get e cash wired and get my first nib pin....then I got an email Sunday afternoon from a post on a local forum a couple weeks ago that changed my mind and I brought this home today.

I'll get more/ better pics up later, but it is beautiful and I'm happy with my decision. It was great to meet another pinhead
Thanks again Shawn!

#127 8 years ago

Nice game. You have to ask yourself though... do you ever play it wishing it was a Metallica instead? I would

#128 8 years ago

I prefer Metallica, but obviously I can't be mad at your particular ACDC choice.

#129 8 years ago

Oh well, should be easy to sell and get a Met in a month or two

#130 8 years ago

Well I really was set on met and do love it but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab this. And it is definately the better looking translight by a mile thanks to you

#131 8 years ago

You made the better choice. It will be much easier to sell if you ever decide to unload it.

#132 8 years ago

she's a beauty, great meeting you, enjoy.

IMG_2076_(resized).JPGIMG_2076_(resized).JPG

#133 8 years ago

Congrats, I voted for ACDC premium, funny how it's a tie. I also just now got around to reading the rules for ACDC so now I'll know what the heck I'm doing.

Picked up Met pro partly based on the feedback here and have to say I'm impressed as hell with that as well.

I paid less than $5k for Met pro with mods, Less than my SM sold for and I think it's every bit as good as SM if not better. I highly recommend a Met pro if you can find one for a good deal.

#134 8 years ago

congrats net best thing to a LUCI!

#135 8 years ago

I have Luci and METLE. If I had to sell one it would be MET. Just no comparison between the two. Sure if the poll was a METLE against any other pin I would pick Met. Against AcDc, especially Luci, Met gets the boot!

#136 8 years ago

Acdc is better. You will love it. If you notice acdc owners dont cheerlead the pin like Met owners do. Know why? Because they do not have to.

Congrats on your successful hunt!

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you notice acdc owners dont cheerlead the pin like Met owners do.

Well we'll have to wait a year longer till they are the same age. ACDC received more ball licking than any game in history after it was out.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we'll have to wait a year longer till they are the same age. ACDC received more ball licking than any game in history after it was out.

"Bell" licking.

Like the song says "We've got the biggest balls of them all!"

#139 8 years ago

Couple mor pics. I ordered cliffys and Mylar to make sure it stays nice and clean. Game has just over 250 plays and I'm the second owner now. Modded out nicely, plus a few more uninstalled. Sounds amazing with the amp and 12" speaker. Very happy with it so far now I just need to learn the rules.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Very happy with it so far now I just need to learn the rules.

Good luck with that.

Somewhere on Pinside, Bowen Kerins put a link to a rule sheet he wrote that runs about 35 pages. So...you know...it's complicated.

#141 8 years ago

Yeah I saw a link on here to an abridged rules PDF but it was no longer good so I am hoping I can search around here and find it someplace else. I started reading a full length version and was going crossed eyed after a bit.

#143 8 years ago

Boy I hope that's not the abridged version

#144 8 years ago

Start with one piece at a time.
Like, once you pick a song, what do you need to do next? Ie: Hells Bells, you hit the bell. Or Rock n Roll Train, you need to make the left ramp, then combo to another shot.
Once you qualify the song, the 5 major shots light up. Good points for making any shot that has a lit song note. Once you make all 5, they relight. You build your jackpot by making a lot of those note shots.

One thing I didn't understand for a long time is what to do during multiball. If it's Jam multiball, keep making ramp shots. As many as you can.
For Album multiball, complete target banks. Tour multiball, make loop shots.
After multiball starts, you want to complete any note shots that are currently lit. Doing that will give you an add a ball and ball saver, but you can only do that once per multiball. A VIP pass will take out one of those shots each time you hit the button, so if you drain down to one ball, you can often reset the multiball by using a VIP pass if you have enough passes to complete the set of note shots remaining.

Good luck!

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Boy I hope that's not the abridged version

That's why this game kicks Bells! (See what I did there?)
You can play it for months and months, then learn new stuff -or try different strategies.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Couple mor pics. I ordered cliffys and Mylar to make sure it stays nice and clean. Game has just over 250 plays and I'm the second owner now. Modded out nicely, plus a few more uninstalled. Sounds amazing with the amp and 12" speaker. Very happy with it so far now I just need to learn the rules.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Looks sweet! Hey what do you think of the speaker panel decal? Does it look as good up close as it does in your pics? Thanks for giving us a look.

#147 8 years ago

I voted MET because I have a MET Premium of course. BUT... I just watched a video of ACDC Premium and I have to say, it looks awesome. I may just need to put one next to my Metallica if one pops up in my area. That machine looks unbelievable, and I've never really liked ACDC's music and I still am feeling the need to own one.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I voted MET because I have a MET Premium of course. BUT... I just watched a video of ACDC Premium and I have to say, it looks awesome. I may just need to put one next to my Metallica if one pops up in my area. That machine looks unbelievable, and I've never really liked ACDC's music and I still am feeling the need to own one.

I thought the same thing and went to buy a few loaded ones for a decent price but just cld not get into it so I passed . Since then ive played multiple times and just cant love it like I do met pro and twd premium. Love the music and lightshow but just not the way it plays for some reason . I really wanna love it but I guess I cant so im going for something else .

#149 8 years ago

I like both games, but with MET, you don't need the premium. You can get away with the pro and it's just as fun and plays pretty much the same. With AC/DC the biggest reason is , with the premium, the ball gets rerouted behind the ramp to the left loop. Less down the middle throwbacks. That makes the premium play a lot different.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Start with one piece at a time.
Like, once you pick a song, what do you need to do next? Ie: Hells Bells, you hit the bell. Or Rock n Roll Train, you need to make the left ramp, then combo to another shot.
Once you qualify the song, the 5 major shots light up. Good points for making any shot that has a lit song note. Once you make all 5, they relight. You build your jackpot by making a lot of those note shots.
One thing I didn't understand for a long time is what to do during multiball. If it's Jam multiball, keep making ramp shots. As many as you can.
For Album multiball, complete target banks. Tour multiball, make loop shots.
After multiball starts, you want to complete any note shots that are currently lit. Doing that will give you an add a ball and ball saver, but you can only do that once per multiball. A VIP pass will take out one of those shots each time you hit the button, so if you drain down to one ball, you can often reset the multiball by using a VIP pass if you have enough passes to complete the set of note shots remaining.
Good luck!

Thanks, this sounds like a good strategy. I am no great pinball player so it will be a slow and steady race for me .

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looks sweet! Hey what do you think of the speaker panel decal? Does it look as good up close as it does in your pics? Thanks for giving us a look.

The decal looks awesome, like it came from the factory that way. I'm not always a huge fan of speaker panel decals, but this one is perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-met-premium/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.