image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
side_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago

I, too, don't get the disdain for the lower playfield... It's only meant to be a mini shooter... And I agree with rai, the callouts associated with it are hysterical.

#53 8 years ago

I love both, but the bottom line is.......ACDC makes me dance and jump around while I play. I know, I know, that isn't very "becoming" of a "Dark Knight", but it is true. I say get whatever is cheaper.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why do zombies have anything to do with whether MET prem or ACDC prem is better? Haha.

Have you read the whole thread? The OP about 1/4 of the way in asked fir opinions in TWD

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

ACDC makes me dance and jump around while I play.

Man...if only I could YouTube that.

#56 8 years ago

I all but stopped playing AC/DC once I got Metallica. After 2 months, I had played Metallica more than I played AC/DC in the previous year. I kept AC/DC for another year, but hardly ever touched it, so I sold it.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I, too, don't get the disdain for the lower playfield... It's only meant to be a mini shooter... And I agree with rai, the callouts associated with it are hysterical.

'Welcome to Hell'

#58 8 years ago

ACDC is fast and adrenaline pumping. MET, I grew up listening to the music and loved it, but the pin just doesn't do it for me. I'll take ACDC.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Man...if only I could YouTube that.

Ha! A while ago a guy posted a video of his little son, the kid might have been 3, dancing around while playing ACDC........That video pretty much sums it up.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Ha! A while ago a guy posted a video of his little son, the kid might have been 3, dancing around while playing ACDC........That video pretty much sums it up.

Yes...but it's much more fun when it's a grown man wearing a shirt that says, "I'm the Dark Knight"...

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's my point.. why the TWD argument came up in this thread is beyond me.

The OP asked, and AC/DC, MET, and TWD are the 3 most recent Lyman coded games.
All 3 have great rules and fall into the "A" category of games. There is a definite "connection" between these 3 titles in the evolution of the rules, scoring balance, risk / reward and thus the game play.

#63 8 years ago

I own both. I wouldn't sell either one. I think they are both top 10 games. I give the edge to ACDC for the rule set and because I like the music better. I like the immediacy of the huge song jackpot.

Metallica has a better lightshow and toys and more paths for the ball...which leads me to feel like there is more to shoot at.

Get both if you can.

1. ACDC Premuim
2. MET Premium

#64 8 years ago

I used to not like MET but it has grown on me. You are not giving up much going with the pro so don't think the premium is worth it. I like how the rules are setup where you can basically shoot what you want and choose what song you want to hear. I don't know the rules well but ACDC ties gameplay to songs. I imagine the same song will get old if you play one mode a lot. ACDC is a pretty cool pin but I have a hard time getting into it. Music works well in a pin but I don't care for it or the artwork. I'm not a fan of Metallica either but better and no comparison when it comes to art.

#65 8 years ago

I own both, but prefer Met to ACDC. Have you considered going the Pro route and getting both pins? Play them for a while then sell both for the Premium of your choice down the road?

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

I own both, but prefer Met to ACDC. Have you considered going the Pro route and getting both pins? Play them for a while then sell both for the Premium of your choice down the road?

A lot of aggravation, but this is actually a pretty solid idea.

#67 8 years ago

I have both Met pro and ACDC led pro. Many of us that have Met pro like it almost as much as the premium. I looked along time for a reasonably priced Luci but finally picked up the AC/DC led pro.. Great choice for me. I like MET better. Like the metal ramps over plastic. My suggestions is get MET pro if you go that route. And with the savings get ACDCdown the road. Just my 2 cents...

#68 8 years ago

After owning a met premium for a short bit I don't think I could go to a pro, and I do not like the acdc pro so no matter what I do it will be premium

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

After owning a met premium for a short bit I don't think I could go to a pro, and I do not like the acdc pro so no matter what I do it will be premium

Huh? Did not know you had Met before, but if so get and acdc Prem then. It is better then MET only after you play it for a little though, so don't buy then cry. When I first played acdc and then bought acdc I was like WTF? Then I learned!

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I definately like met artwork better but that's not enough to sway me

Go with LUCI she will sway you! I traded my TWDLE for a LUCI and I am very happy with HER! HELL Whats not to like?

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Go with LUCI she will sway you! I traded my TWDLE for a LUCI and I am very happy with HER! HELL Whats not to like?

The stupid side art?

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The stupid side art?

and the girl/devils in the lower play field! not to shabby! nudge, nudge ,wink, wink, crinkle, crinkle!

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

and the girl/devils in the lower play field! not to shabby! nudge, nudge ,wink, wink, crinkle, crinkle!

Don't you go playing the Monty Python card with me, sir! You know my weak spots...

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The stupid side art?

Wizard of Oz ?

#76 8 years ago

Awesome...because it actually has to do with the Wizard of Oz.

#77 8 years ago

metallica is more fun than acdc but acdc is better than Metallica, if that makes sense...

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't you go playing the Monty Python card with me, sir! You know my weak spots...

actually jim norton quote when he was on O and A. WOW!

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

actually jim norton quote when he was on O and A. WOW!

I'm still going with Python. DOUBLE WOW! (And people wonder how threads get so horribly derailed...)

#80 8 years ago

WOW = Wipit Out Wednesday

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

WOW = Wipit Out Wednesday

Oh...THAT WOW.

#82 8 years ago

I have both and would keep MET over ACDC. Even though I think the music on ACDC is far better, MET has more balance and variety in modes, shots and dots. ACDC is all about the song jackpot for high scores, nothing else matters (pun intended).

Rob

#83 8 years ago

Interesting comments re: MET Pro over Premium.

I played a Pro and it was fun, but Premium was a done deal with the light show, hammer, cross that pops up, etc. everyone who plays my MET Prem comments that the hammer function is the best part of the game next to Sparky. With the shaker motor the hammer is INSANE when it hits the ball down. No way I'd skimp on a fully loaded MET, but that's me.

One thing that this thread did was make me look into TWD Prem more. I'm now planning on buying one next month.. Thanks guys, you all cost me more money lol

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have both and would keep MET over ACDC. Even though I think the music on ACDC is far better, MET has more balance and variety in modes, shots and dots. ACDC is all about the song jackpot for high scores, nothing else matters (pun intended).
Rob

But don't you play Met a similar way almost every time for the most points? I switch up songs on ACDC all the time. If I play in a tournament on ACDC, which is about 1% of the time, I care about picking the best song for score. At home I mix them up or play the first song that comes up with no picking. I think it is fun to challenge myself and play the tougher songs and try to hit those shots and raise my jackpot for a good score. Like a new pin every song for me. The 12 "mini games" are what I like about ACDC.

Yes. The music is better also.

#85 8 years ago

I'm thinking how about just making a F ing decision? One way or the other. Do something even if its wrong.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking how about just making a F ing decision? One way or the other. Do something even if its wrong.

Truth. The funny part is that with ACDC and Met there is no wrong decision.

#87 8 years ago

I vote TWD. Sorry couldn't resist.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I vote TWD. Sorry couldn't resist.

Well....it's better than both, easy answer.

#89 8 years ago

Hand drawn art, and metal ramps sold me. Then the actual band members involved with the call outs. Ritchie did ok on AC/DC with him doing the call outs, but I prefer the actual band members. It's a keeper in this house.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Hand drawn art, and metal ramps sold me. Then the actual band members involved with the call outs. Ritchie did ok on AC/DC with him doing the call outs, but I prefer the actual band members. It's a keeper in this house.

Great point on the call outs ... There isnt many call outs on acdc at all really

#91 8 years ago

They really need a Motley Crüe, Iron Maiden, or Rage Against the Machine pinball.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Metallica is more fun than acdc but acdc is better than Metallica, if that makes sense...

Yepp... Metallica has the best "show", AC/DC the best "width of gameplay" (can't find a better expression)

#93 8 years ago

Well met is leading by a nose.
might have to get my first nib

#94 8 years ago

Just curious, why did you get rid of the Met premium you once had?

#95 8 years ago

Needed cash. I think of pins like a savings account, if I need cash I dip into them. Some are easier to see go more than others.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome...because it actually has to do with the Wizard of Oz.

Luci.....check mate!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#97 8 years ago

You're right. Exactly the same.

Take Jessica Rabbit off and you might have a point...and I would agree.

side_(resized).jpgside_(resized).jpg

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

side_(resized).jpg

Jessica? and to think i've been referring to her as LUCI.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

side_(resized).jpg

Oh boob! I know your into sweaty, hairy chested, middle aged guys with 1" arms (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I prefer cartoon chicks with horns and tails.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh boob! I know your into sweaty, hairy chested, middle aged guys with 1" arms (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I prefer cartoon chicks with horns and tails.
image_(resized).jpeg

And I prefer...the band the inspired the pin, maybe? Luci on an AC/DC pin is like putting a T Rex on a Tron, IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-met-premium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.