Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-743.jpg
image-508.jpg
image-432.jpg
image.jpg
spiderman.jpg
image-136.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

You kind of can't lose with those IMHO. So in that sense you're in a good place.

I have a nicely modded Tron Pro and a Metallica LE, no AC/DC. So can't truly compare all 3. I've played AC/DC though.

I think I'd personally recommend Metallica Premium. I love Tron, it's a great game and I have a strong emotional connection to it, and it has that "one more play" thing going for it. It's a keeper for me. But Metallica has a lot of the same feel, but with more depth. The new Sparky magnet interaction is a lot like the disc on Tron. No upper flipper, but you get a better 1-2 combo on the ramps, and the left ramp shot feels a lot like the Quorra shot. There's just a lot more to shoot for and do on Metallica, with deeper rules. Sometimes you don't want that, and I love having both, but that's what gives it the nod.

AC/DC is obviously an awesome game, but I kind of like objectives in my games. Metallica isn't truly mode based, it's a scoring game with some of the AC/DC risk reward added into it (like in CIU cash in) but it has more discrete things to go for. You're not just setting up combos and stacks and points, though that's there, you're also getting more specific things. Like "I want to play Fade to Black CIU today". Gives you something to shoot for even if you're not having a monster game.

The Met Pro is good, but the extras on the Premium are totally worth it.

Also, Metallica gets the nod on art, even though I love Tron's look, especially with the lit ramps. But hand drawn art is rare these days. Daft Punk on Tron is great, especially with a sub, but I'd rather listen to Metallica than AC/DC. Those are personal call though.

#14 9 years ago

Don't even think about WOZ without playing it. Cool game, but not for everyone.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm afraid the lure of the band and their tunes is half the fun for fans of the game...

Nah. I mean, if you hate their music I don't recommend it. Frankly this isn't a good pin to swap the music out on, it's too integrated. So the music is a consideration. But it's a great game, not just a jukebox with flippers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-met-premium-vs-tron-pro?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.