image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
side_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

Just wondering what people think, I am looking for either one. I had met and want it back but have played acdc and want one as well and just wondering if there are any opinions. I would say I'm a medium level player (at best)if I had to guess.
I have a small collection 2-4 pins usually.
I'm totally on the fence but may go nib met just due to availabity and the fact that my pin $ is burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks for any input

#2 8 years ago

Both are awesome games. I have 4 close pin buddies, all of whom own both. At last count, 2 favoured ACDC over Met. The other 2 preferred Met over ACDC.
Cant really go wrong either way in my opinion.
If you want some added confusion, try playing a TWD Premium. Code is now awesome, and it seems to rank up there with these other two pins as of late.
Lyman rocks.

#3 8 years ago

Both are great games. I prefer ACDC's music over Metallica's but I find Metallica pinball to have the much more interesting / fun toy and rule set.

#4 8 years ago

Have both and it is a close call but acdc wins. Buy acdc premium and a met pro

#5 8 years ago

Don't have Met, but have played it some. I'm not as impressed with Met like some people. I think AcDc premium is one of the best Stern pin ever. I'm still trying to understand the rules on AcDc but even with my half understanding of the rules I love AcDc premium.

#6 8 years ago

Met LE

#7 8 years ago

I say ACDC is one of the best pinballs ever made, good music, super deep rule set, lots of fun. My wife much prefers MET. We own both.

#8 8 years ago

I would love a met le but they just creep up too much in price and are hard to find even for sale.

Just to add a little something to the mix any thoughts on walking dead premium in this mix?

#9 8 years ago

I have METLE and ACDC Prem. If I had to sell one ACDC would go first. It's a great game, but just not as interesting to me personally. I like Metallica as a band more than ACDC, and the art and theme are cooler to me, and the shots and toys are better.

But they're both really good games.

#10 8 years ago

Own both and prefer MET. Tough call though.

#11 8 years ago

Owned both, sold my ACDC as I think Metallica was the better of the 2. Both are great A+ pins though

#13 8 years ago

I have Met Pro and AC/DC Luci - I actually like the Met Pro better but both are great games. The Met is my favorite game in my collection.

#14 8 years ago

I have Luci and METLE if I had to sell one it would be Luci, both are awesome games but I will never part with METLE.

#15 8 years ago

Have a met pro and have tried to like acdc but just cant get into it so I chose walking dead premium and am very happy with that choice.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I would love a met le but they just creep up too much in price and are hard to find even for sale.
Just to add a little something to the mix any thoughts on Walking Dead premium in this mix?

Bypass both and get TWD Premium. Very hard to find right now; you will be on a waiting list no matter who you go with (I checked with Tilt Amusements, GEX, and Cointaker) unless you pay the piper on ebay ($7000+).

As I understand it though, it is WELL worth the wait.

#17 8 years ago

Why derail this thread???

Back on track: my preference is for ACDC. Both are obviously great games: ACDC would be my choice.

#18 8 years ago

After having both I would put it like this.. AC/DC is better playing, MET is more entertaining.

#19 8 years ago

Met Premium. Always seems to attract a variety of players of varying skill levels- and sights, sounds, and toys are among the best out there.

BTW, some might say I feel this way only because I own one- bit the opposite is true. The Pinball scene in DSM is strong, and people have allowed me access to both ACDC and Met, as well as twenty plus other titles- and while Met will not be my last pin (thee is another on its way), it is about as complete and balanced a pin as I had found, so I broke out the wallet.

ACDC is sadly not even on my radar.

#20 8 years ago

ACDC is an awesome game and I like it because the songs actually relate to an area on the playfield that you'll want to go for and I've found all the other music pins frustrating because of this fantastic feature on ACDC. Where as the songs on Metallica that you pick at the start of a game don't mean diddly squat (nothing for those who don't understand my slang). But other than that Metallica is a fun and deep game too. I'd like to own both (ACDC prem/Le again) and to be honest I'd probably go Metallica pro over premium/LE as the cross whilst cool doesn't add anything, the hammer while cool is troublesome and now time bandit has replicated the light show so no need for the premium/Le light shows that I love!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

ACDC is an awesome game and I like it because the songs actually relate to an area on the playfield that you'll want to go for and I've found all the other music pins frustrating because of this fantastic feature on ACDC. Where as the songs on Metallica that you pick at the start of a game don't mean diddly squat (nothing for those who don't understand my slang). But other than that Metallica is a fun and deep game too. I'd like to own both (ACDC prem/Le again) and to be honest I'd probably go Metallica pro over premium/LE as the cross whilst cool doesn't add anything, the hammer while cool is troublesome and now time bandit has replicated the light show so no need for the premium/Le light shows that I love!

agree, plus AcDc songs are upbeat pump up the action while Met songs are plodding or downbeat.

#22 8 years ago

I found I loved the music on Metallica, and it wasn't integrated into the play it still felt like it. I also like acdc as a band as well so does the integration of the music make a huge difference?

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

does the integration of the music make a huge difference?

I think it's a big plus. Different song playing means you're doing something different, so AC/DC almost becomes games within the game. Each mode is that much more different from another when linked to different music.

#24 8 years ago

The problem with ACDC's music being matched to the modes is that you start skipping or choosing songs based on the rules.

It's Hell's Bells all day long for easy scoring for instance.

On Metallica I basically skip any track to the right of Blackened, and I'm happy to never have to hear them except during certain modes.

#25 8 years ago

Can't go wrong either way both very good, personaly find met more fun.

#26 8 years ago

Swinging Bell over Sparky. AC/DC for me. Last Spring I played ACDC and MET both pretty hard to decide which one I wanted and ACDC won out.

I don't get the fuss over MET personally. People LOVE MET though obviously. Just not for me.

#27 8 years ago

I have all 3 and prefer TWD Premium.

27DNast -> not a derail as the OP specifically asked for TWD opinions.

#28 8 years ago

I have LE versions of both. Met ruleset is much more aligned with my preferences. I like modes that open up as the game progresses. Met has that in spades. ACDC allows you to pick any mode you want and go at it. The only progression to work towards is Encore. ACDC has interesting risk/reward tied to building up bonus, but I don't find that terribly compelling. I get much more satisfaction from opening up a Crank-it-up mode on Met, or starting Justice, or Seek and Destroy, etc.. etc...

#29 8 years ago

Have a met prem. love it. It's still my go to game after two years. Guests all love it and most of my pin head mates want to buy it...... Have added heaps of mods including colour DMD(a must)
Played ACDC enough to know it's not for me, just couldn't get into it.

It comes down to personal taste. Good luck which ever way you go they are both solid games!

#30 8 years ago

For me it's ACDC and it's not close.

#31 8 years ago

Very tough call- I have both an ACDC premium and MET premium; and recently added TWD premium. These are 3 of the most awesome pins ever made. You can't go wrong with any of these titles. I give a slight edge to MET for a larger variety of shots, toys and better art package (monsters edition). However, I prefer the music on ACDC and the canon/bell shot is a blast. In saying all of this, TWD premium is such a fun pin to play while also being remarkably challenging. Quick to punish, but so rewarding to progress deeper into the game.
It does come down to personal taste; they are all long-term keepers.

#32 8 years ago

Easy way to answer the question:

1) Which band puts you in a better mood when listening to their music while driving... AC/DC or Metallica? I choose MET Premium over ACDC Premium because AC/DC songs bore me and I skip over them. Metallica is awesome. People who like AC/DC music and not Metallica will likely prefer a machine based on that alone.

2) What excites you most, listening to Metallica and/or ACDC or listening to zombies being slashed? If you prefer a zombie theme over a music pin then go for TWD. The topic is really about which music pin is preferred, but if you like zombies over music the answer is simple to me.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Easy way to answer the question:
1) Which band puts you in a better mood when listening to their music while driving... AC/DC or Metallica? I choose MET Premium over ACDC Premium because AC/DC songs bore me and I skip over them. Metallica is awesome. People who like AC/DC music and not Metallica will likely prefer a machine based on that alone.
2) What excites you most, listening to Metallica or listening to zombies being slashed? If you prefer a zombie theme over a music pin then go for TWD. The topic is really about which music pin is preferred, but if you like zombies over music the answer is simple to me.

Why do zombies have anything to do with whether MET prem or ACDC prem is better? Haha.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I have all 3 and prefer TWD Premium.
27DNast -> not a derail as the OP specifically asked for TWD opinions.

Good point... I didn't see that in his later response. So I stand corrected.

OP, if you haven't played TWD, I suggest you find one and play it. Its design is polarizing enough that you're better off seeing if the games flow will annoy the hell out of you or give your smiles.

#35 8 years ago

I've owned both, & currently have a new Metallica Premium & love it! I'm on the hunt for another ACDC Premium.
For me, its Metallica by a narrow margin. Both are excellent A+ pins! You should try to end up with both at some point.

#36 8 years ago

I owned AC/DC and my buddy's own MET. MET by a long shot for me. I prefer AC/DC music by quite a margin but for the pinball games I strongly prefer MET.

Haven't played TWD with the updated code so can't comment there.

#37 8 years ago

I have a nicely modded MET premium. I really LOVE the artwork - much better than AC/DC. That said I would trade mine for a nice Luci in a heartbeat. I just love the music and gameplay of AC/DC so much more.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why do zombies have anything to do with whether MET prem or ACDC prem is better? Haha.

That's my point.. why the TWD argument came up in this thread is beyond me.

#39 8 years ago

Nice looking pin

Musically I like both, some times Metallica edges out acdc and sometimes it's the opposite.
I think I need to put a few more games on acdc. How is the speed/ flow compared to met? If I remember correctly acdc was a bit more stop and go ( not saying that's a bad thing) but it's been a while since I played one.

I definately like met artwork better but that's not enough to sway me

The only reason I mentioned TWD was I have heard it is great with the new code. I've only played a pro when they first came out and was not impressed, so maybe the new code and a premium makes a big difference. As for now though it is off the table

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Quoted from Hdmike444:

Just to add a little something to the mix any thoughts on Walking Dead premium in this mix?

#41 8 years ago

Sorry I guess I derailed my own thread

Back on track

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thats why I always read the whole thread bc the op actually asked about twd also .

#43 8 years ago

value wise; Metallica Pro.
Gameplay wise; ACDC prem

#44 8 years ago

ACDC hands down for me. Metallica is the easier of the 2 though so if you get frustrated easily by punishing difficult games then go with Metallica.

#45 8 years ago

I've owned ACDC, played a fair few games on Metallica, and currently own a TWDLE. For me I think TWD edges out the other two games. I like fking hard games (reasons why I like avengers and xmen)! I've got my games pitched to about 7 deg and tilt set a little more sensitive than most.

TWDLE is a hard game you're constantly nudging and trying to save the ball on the tip of the flipper and the game is always on a knives edge. Shots are tight without being avengers brutal tight and are very satisfying to hit ala Avengers (when you hit them) and xmen. Magnets will fling the ball anywhere and you're in danger for a sdtm on a poor shit to the ramps.

MetallicA great tunes and very satisfying shots with inline drops (which are awesome) and two tight satisfying ramp shots. The playfield looks awesome and at first I kind of lost the ball in the pf because it was so good to look at. I like how some songs are tied to what you're doing like master of puppets and and justice for all but I don't like how you choose a song and it means nothing at the start of the game. It'd be nice if it meant something like dr who (when you choose a dr you get different thing) and ACDC, but that's just my opinion. And as I said above I'd get a pro not his game as the added extras don't equate for much. I do like the modes that are on this game too.

ACDC great tunes, ok pf, flow out the wazoo and very very deep on jackpots and what not. Fun to play I'd own another at the right price. At around 7k AUD I'd get a premium/le (around $4900 USD).

#46 8 years ago

Which machine should be played by the best pinball player on the inaugural episode of Pinball With The Pros?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-with-the-pros-episode-1

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have METLE and ACDC Prem. If I had to sell one ACDC would go first. It's a great game, but just not as interesting to me personally. I like Metallica as a band more than ACDC, and the art and theme are cooler to me, and the shots and toys are better.
But they're both really good games.

Ditto. Toys much better!!!

#48 8 years ago

Add a poll! Acdc's fun and I'm not gonna pick it apart, but the lower playfield for me is meh. Metallica's got much better artwork, and I'll take metal ramps over plastic any day. Both games have a wide appeal to beginners and advanced players alike with a nod to Metallica for novices. But most importantly lets talk about prices and availability here... Sure there are acdc's out there but from what I'm seeing you'll pay a premium for one compared to a nib Metallica. Which would further solidify met, at least for me anyhow...

#49 8 years ago

I can see how some people don't like the lower PF, but it's fun to me. I'd miss the lower PF, and think it's adds something and is visually appealing. Great call outs also for the lower PF. I do think the rules could be better or the lower PF utilized during multiball.

#50 8 years ago

Stern knocked it out of the park on both of these games. It's like the old argument of TZ or MM. Both are awesome. I like ACDC music way better then Metallica, so I choose ACDC prem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-met-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.