Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_8.17.02_AM.png
thefamilyarcade.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-04-10_at_6.56.00_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2013-04-10_at_6.41.26_PM.png
referee-flag.jpg
images-1.jpeg
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

Agreed! You'll find my analysis of IM buy/sell numbers to be balanced when you look at actual facts.

And to the haters, I respond to name calling and insults, I don't start it.go through my supposed 24000 "negative, name calling, swear ridden posts" and the facts will speak for themselves. Facts guys, not what you makeup in your head and spew over and over again because you know that if BS is uttered enough it might actually take hold (like this fantastic notion of IM routinely selling in the mid 5's).

Rob and Centerflank, when YOU guys are moderators here you can finish the nazi witch hunt crusade that paints me as this horrible person, but until then, I think the moderators are doing just fine interpreting the difference between offense and defense in the name calling.

In the meantime, I will study up on the 2 or 3 "useful" posts you've made that have added so much value to Pinside over the years. You're a true paragon Rob!

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

omg, enough with Iron Man! Buy it. Play it. Enjoy it. But shut the f*ck up about it already.

I reread all the posts leading up to your post, no one goes on the offensive against you, yet you jump in to tell people to shut the blank up about their enjoyment of a pinball on a PINBALL FORUM! Your longwinded explanation above this post is proven wrong, you instigate and its unbelievably tiresome.

#103 11 years ago

I find it ironic that someone with the name "TheFamilyArcade" is constantly on here fighting with people and starting sh*it.

#104 11 years ago

both are in my collection, can't imagine moving either. But IM is light years behind ACDC IMO. And I still love IM if that tells you anything.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

AC/DC vs. Mike Ditka... who wins?

Needed it's own thread lol!

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You're damn right I do.
You offer nothing positive to the Pinside community. If you make a post, there is a 90% chance that it will be negative in tone (unless you are talking about TF), and a 50% chance that it will contain a personal attack of some kind.
Yeah, I have reason not to like you.

RobT and I don't agree on everything (and that's okay) but we agree on this.

Too bad there was not a "worst active forum member" badge (perhaps a coiled dog turd?) that the moderators could give to the truly exceptionally awful members such as The Family Arcade.

#107 11 years ago

Nice. Especially for somebody who is going to look at an IM tomorrow. I have an ACDC premium and a BdK and a TZ and only place for 3 pins. ACDC and BdK are stayers for me so TZ will have to leave. Only worry for me is that a collection of ACDC, BdK and IM is not a balanced mix, its all flow and action, any comment?

In regard to pricing, in Europe this is a <USD 5000 pin (routed) for the moment where ACDC Premium NIB does approx USD 9000. And yes, I am comparing NIB against routed as there is no pricing on used ACDC. Nobody (including me) wants to sell it !! What does this tell about ACDC

ACDC pro does approx USD 6100 NIB. All my pricing is including taxes (like 21% VAT ... )

#108 11 years ago

Have both (in fact have 2 IM at the moment) ACDC wins this comfortably but they are very different games.

Trying to get long ball times on IM is a non starter, the rules are almost perfection whilst in reality being deep. IM has the one ball thrill of Do or Die (hard start, easy finish) and the long term goal of Jericho (easy start hard finish) and the depth of DoD multiball - unlikely most players will ever see it.

ACDC has amazing rules, great dots, great music and beautiful lamping when it comes down to it, it's about the scoring coupled with the long term game goal of getting to Encore, which is a game in itself. Even though it's brutal, it has great flow and you can play it a lot safer than IM.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nice. Especially for somebody who is going to look at an IM tomorrow. I have an ACDC premium and a BdK and a TZ and only place for 3 pins. ACDC and BdK are stayers for me so TZ will have to leave. Only worry for me is that a collection of ACDC, BdK and IM is not a balanced mix, its all flow and action, any comment?
In regard to pricing, in Europe this is a <USD 5000 pin (routed) for the moment where ACDC Premium NIB does approx USD 9000. And yes, I am comparing NIB against routed as there is no pricing on used ACDC. Nobody (including me) wants to sell it !! What does this tell about ACDC
ACDC pro does approx USD 6100 NIB. All my pricing is including taxes (like 21% VAT ... )

I have yet to hear of a single Premium being sold 2nd hand in the UK bar the one I sold (to get BIBLE) and every Stern Shipment to the UK since release has had at least 5 ACDC Premiums on it which have all been sold prior to arrival. I think there are around 30 premiums over here and a relatively small community so I think that speaks volumes

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

RobT and I don't agree on everything (and that's okay) but we agree on this.
Too bad there was not a "worst active forum member" badge (perhaps a coiled dog turd?) that the moderators could give to the truly exceptionally awful members such as The Family Arcade.

BC, you fit in with the SoCal CJ just fine. Take a look at the CLOSED thread on "ACDC, I just don't get it" Or whatever it was called...The SoCal CJ shows their true colors in that thread as they do in sooooo many others. You agreeing with them makes perfect sense. RobT's bloated hypocrisy BEGS to be punctured...but did I even bother? No, because to follow him through every thread where he's behaving like a pompous ass would take all day ever day. That thread got closed all by itself...how could such a thing happen without my involvement? Seems like all the closed threads these days have nothin to do with me. But keep on living your delusion...you and the SoCal CJ.

And anyone notice that with rare exception, my belligerent posts are nearly always in retaliation to the SAME blowhardz? The SoCal CJ, Centerflank, Cobray, Gambit and you? Yeah, I'm a runaway train alright....but always crashing into the same dense brick walls. When I'm not responding to something asinine these folks are spewing, the only other times I call anyone out are when they are BS ing the hell out of something. Like pricing. There is far too much BS with pricing in this hobby as it is, and I'm not going to sit here and listen to perpetuated hype and lies and distortions about price and rarity. It's not good for the hobby and its not good in general. Ignorance is my pet peeve. When the facts are there for all to see, and yet people prefer to live in la la land, then they deserve the metaphorical slap upside their head.

Meanwhile, ill do you all a favor and clear up any questions around my "constant" suspensions - WEEKS and WEEKs at a time according to the SoCal CJ and Cobray. But lemme clear something up. 1 week. 1. Awhile ago. Maybe even last year. I can't even remember its been so long. And the forst ban reason that made it snowball because I was so pissed? Because some old white guy cried like a baby that I, a white guy, told him to stop complaining about "takers".. That compared to most, he won the lottery being born white in America, and that he should stop belly aching. He considered that "racially insensitive" and cried to the moderators. Racially insensitive my ass! And until someone from Pinside explains how that remark is racially insensitive - I've asked and received deafening silence - Pinside doesn't get a donation from me, as much as I'd like to donate.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I reread all the posts leading up to your post, no one goes on the offensive against you, yet you jump in to tell people to shut the blank up about their enjoyment of a pinball on a PINBALL FORUM! Your longwinded explanation above this post is proven wrong, you instigate and its unbelievably tiresome.

Oh really? Ha...well, you're the one id want to critically review and investigate something and then offer an impartial verdict!

Cobray didn't start this mess by calling me a troll and telling someone not to listen to my BS? when all I did was set again remind people that the facts on Pinside point to IM being priced in the fours...not the fives.

Then you, like a Nazi, selectively take things I've said in my posts out of context and criticize me for it? Dude, you are unreal. Not only can you not identify fact from fiction but you obviously cannot read either. But if you want to persist in lying about this stuff that's fine...karma is a bitch.

#112 11 years ago

Dude...really. Chill with the name calling. Whether you think so or not, no reason to call someone a pompous ass, Nazi, or otherwise. No one has a problem with a difference of opinion. The name calling is childish and a waste of everyone's time.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Dude...really. Chill with the name calling. Whether you think so or not, no reason to call someone a pompous ass, Nazi, or otherwise. No one has a problem with a difference of opinion. The name calling is childish and a waste of everyone's time.

What if they are a Nazi in real life? Would that be a reason?

#114 11 years ago

Oh really? Ha...well, you're the one id want to critically review and investigate something and then offer an impartial verdict!
Cobray didn't start this mess by calling me a troll and telling someone not to listen to my BS? when all I did was set again remind people that the facts on Pinside point to IM being priced in the fours...not the fives.
Then you, like a Nazi, selectively take things I've said in my posts out of context and criticize me for it? Dude, you are unreal. Not only can you not identify fact from fiction but you obviously cannot read either. But if you want to persist in lying about this stuff that's fine...karma is a bitch.

Man I thought spring beak was over.

#115 11 years ago

IM.

Cos I own it

#116 11 years ago

Most pins that people get in their home and spend time with get higher ratings. Did you own acdc?

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Ignored user comment

Man I thought spring beak was over

I'm tempted to un-ignore just to see what all the fuss is about. Then again, naaaaaaaa.

#118 11 years ago

Only thing that is going to end this feud is an old fashion suck off contest.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only thing that is going to end this feud is an old fashion suck off contest.

I'll be a judge.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'll be a judge.

Fair enough. I'll be on the jury, and 1st alternate.

#121 11 years ago

The SoCal CJ, Centerflank, Cobray, Gambit and you?

You keep my name out of your mouth. I didn't have anything to do with this.

#122 11 years ago

IM is great and a brutal game with difficult progression. New players coming over to play your pins wont be playing IM for long and move onto something else. Personally I think AC/DC prem is a better game, but in a large collection IM is a good game to have.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That's right you tell em. "Say What again, I dare you"

#124 11 years ago

Just played a few games of IM. No way in hell it's a better game. I actually walked away with a credit on the machine. It's not as fun as I even remember. Very bare layout, very shallow game. Very meh.

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

He doesnt even know what he's saying anymore, he's blown a fuse and is in full on offensive rant mode.

#126 11 years ago

blah, blah blah. Center, I'm bored. You've finally exhausted my patience. Arguing with pretend is only fun up to a point. You have no use for reason, facts or an understanding of cause and effect. The good thing is, you're on a website that deals mostly in opinions...so you can can spray yours all over the place like a tomcat marking his territory, and maybe, just maybe, on occasion, one of them won't stink up the joint.

#127 11 years ago

blah, blah blah. Center, I'm bored. You've finally exhausted my patience. Arguing with pretend is only fun up to a point. You have no use for reason, facts or an understanding of cause and effect. The good thing is, you're on a website that deals mostly in opinions...so you can can spray yours all over the place like a tomcat marking his territory, and maybe, just maybe, on occasion, one of them won't stink up the joint.

You have to be one of the biggest whiners I've ever seen, period! Man, grow a pair. It's a good thing you don't have real problems in life, if this is your biggest thing!

Here's a funny ass Private Message from The "Family" arcade! LMAO!! Pure entertainment!

Screen_Shot_2013-04-10_at_6.41.26_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-04-10_at_6.41.26_PM.png

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Here's a funny ass Private Message from The "Family" arcade! LMAO!! Pure entertainment!

Wow, nothing like a personal threat of violence via PM! LOL!!!! Oh man thats funny! Thanks for that Cobray!

#129 11 years ago

Can't we all get along? Like a big "Family"?

Screen_Shot_2013-04-10_at_6.56.00_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-04-10_at_6.56.00_PM.png

#130 11 years ago

Throw em all in a ring. Neo vs TFA vs Gambit vs IM... Oh, and mini Ditka. Who wins?

#131 11 years ago

And why do I have a problem Cobray? Because he tells lies about me in a public forum. Says I've been suspended for weeks and weeks which is not true now is it? The way people posture around this place involving morals and ethics and how they raise they children, please let me know how you'd tolerate being lied about in public? His posting of a private message takes the cake.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in the lot of you. You pile on, you don't play fair, and you encourage one another. Boy, this takes it to another level.

Cobray, ill be seeing you.

#132 11 years ago

Cobray, ill be seeing you.

I sure hope so. Careful what you wish for. Such a big man on the internet forums! I've never turned down meeting someone that made a threat against me, and actually look forward to seeing exactly what you mean by your statement once we do.

#133 11 years ago

I think you're all idiots

#134 11 years ago

Thefamilyarcade, AKA 'The North Korea of Pinside", is on the lookout!! Watch out! He'll be seeing you!!

thefamilyarcade.jpgthefamilyarcade.jpg Screen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_8.17.02_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_8.17.02_AM.png

#135 11 years ago

At least I'm not a liar Cobray. Ill defend my honor. What are you defending exactly? That you're a liar and proud of it? That you like to tell lies about people and then bait them, by calling them a pussy when they call you out on your lies? A real man would admit he told a lie, however accidentally it may have been. But you're not a real man. Instead you'll play down your dishonor as if I've wronged you somehow. That's as despicable as it gets.

#136 11 years ago

This thread got derailed in a hurry. I now have one person on my "ignored" list.

#137 11 years ago

You know they are just saying shit to press your buttons, right? If you don't give them the reaction they want, all this will end.

At least I'm not a liar Cobray. Ill defend my honor. What are you defending exactly? That you're a liar and proud of it?

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You know they are just saying shit to press your buttons, right? If you don't give them the reaction they want, all this will end.

Good advice. You're right. It's just sometimes I feel like the player that gets the flag thrown on him after reacting to the cheap shot that wasn't called.

#139 11 years ago

It's just sometimes I feel like the player that gets the flag thrown on him after reacting to the cheap shot that wasn't called.

Where was the cheap shot thrown at you before you came into this thread and said the shut the blank up comment?

You sure love to play that victim/worlds against me bit.

Man up and say your first comment was completely uncalled for and you're ashamed for saying that to people admiring the excellent play of IM.

#140 11 years ago

Maybe one day we can all agree that opinions are not facts. You think IM has excellent play, I think it's a snoozer. You are right, I am right.

Don't take this stuff so personally.

Quoted from centerflank:

admiring the excellent play of IM.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Maybe one day we can all agree that opinions are not facts. You think IM has excellent play, I think it's a snoozer. You are right, I am right.

Agreed, It doesnt bother me if someone doesnt like a specific title, what does bother me is when someone comes into a thread with a snarky/childish attitude telling them in a nasty way to be quiet.

#142 11 years ago

OK. Back on topic...

I have only played IM on route, so it's been a drain monster with the outlane posts removed. I like how fast it plays. The ramps feel good, shots are good. This game reminds me of some others like BSD that are sort of all or nothing. Most games leave you wanting more, and typically keep me stabbing at the start button.

ACDC Premium I've had for about 2 weeks and put up about 350 plays already. I love it. It's got longer ball times than I expected. My average game time was around 3:45 last I checked, which is longer than my other games. That surprised me a bit. However, when playing TSPP I felt like it was work when the ball times got that long, here I'm loving it, it's great building the song jackpot/bonus and cashing in for big points. Even though the ball times are longer than I expected, it still seems pretty brutal. It punishes you if you let your shots get out of control. It's got some risky shots, but those shots are typically rewarded with a worthwhile payout. The strategies seem endless. Maybe there are some that stand out, but you can definitely tailor your own strategy.

Both great games. Before adding ACDC I had considered IM. As people have pointed out, they're difficult to find. Similar games in a way, but the Pro and IM are probably more comparable, price and gameplay-wise.

#143 11 years ago

Oh Centerflank, alot bothers you, clearly. You can be the "snarky" police though. That's something good for you to keep you out of trouble. Carry on.

#144 11 years ago

Oh Centerflank, alot bothers you, clearly. You can be the "snarky" police though. That's something good for you to keep you out of trouble. Carry on.

Run along and play now, the adults are talking.

#145 11 years ago

Maybe we can have a separate section of Pinside called "snarky jail" that Centerflank can send offenders to. With Centerflank remaining cop, judge and jury as usual.

#146 11 years ago

Guys. Getting embarrassing. I don't like telling people what to do, but for your own reputations I PROMISE you that you guys are better off doing this over PM. Just a very good suggestion.

Quoted from centerflank:

Run along and play now, the adults are talking.

Maybe we can have a separate section of Pinside called "snarky jail" that Centerflank can send offenders to. With Centerflank remaining cop, judge and jury as usual.

#147 11 years ago

Fair enough. But since my PMs may not remain private, ill pass on that option.

#148 11 years ago

Okay, the next person of the three of you (CF, Cobray, TFA) posting an off topic comment is gone for a week. Seriously guys, take this crap elsewhere. This is a pinball forum, not the Testosteron Cafe.

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Okay, the next person of the three of you (CF, Cobray, TFA) posting an off topic comment is gone for a week. Seriously guys, take this crap elsewhere. This is a pinball forum, not the Testosteron Cafe.

BANG!! The hammer comes down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-im/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.