10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

louis avengers 008.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

They are side by side at my house. AVLE for me if I can only have one. I know Im in the minority. I prefer the shots and the progression of the game through the rules. Doesn't piss me off as much as ACDC, even though AVLE kicks my ass too.

#20 10 years ago

Just finished two MONSTER games back to back on AVLE. 257M...but not enough to get my friend MBT's GC score off my game. So despite just having a long, draining game, I hit play again. 4 completed Avengers later (was also one shot away from completing Helicarrier), I post a 450M, my second best score ever. The B/W ramp was even giving me grief...

Nothing satisfies like some Avengers!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Acdc ALL DAY. Don't even think about it.

Well, since you bought both pro and premium ACDC I'd expect that answer! The only problem with your answer is the "don't think about it" part. Unless you added the words "just play them both and decide".

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I was trying to be nice to Avengers owners. But hear goes.
Avengers is the worst Stern I ever played. Poor shots. No flow. Trapped balls. Jam Fest. Blocked Thor targets. Wtf? Plasticky feel. Shooter ramp problems. Gomezs worst design I played. Ramp Rejects. And annoying call outs that aren't even from movie. JM is better by 10 times. I haven't even gotten to the rules.
Just watch the YouTube videos.
Don't think twice about it.

What evs. You mean the you tube videos of the borked game in the crappy bar near the stern factory? Within a month of release? There's some videos by SKB that rock. If I made one of the way my game plays it would look awesome.

For whatever reason I've owned a lot of Gomez games. LOTR, TFLE, JM, AVLE, and a dialed in AVLE can hang with all of them. We know you don't like it.

If I were to take the feedback on ACDC one month after it was released and left it at that (11 months or 2 years later) here's what you'd get:

*F%#king canon blocks the right outlane!! Wtf!?
*What the hell is up with the dirty lower playfield window? Looks like someone blew smoke in between two panes of scratched plexi!
*WTF is up with this canon? It loads up two balls and then gets stuck! It won't fire either of them!
*Man that Angus face in the middle of the playfield just ruins it.
*These rules are BS! What a boring game. If a game is going to have a rehashed layout from the 80's the rules need to be excellent. Epic fail here.
*Jesus, this canon sure is borked. My motor just up and died! Have to get a new one from stern...has this happened to anyone else?
**Yes me too...rinse repeat hundreds of times
*Hey, has anyone else's lights been blowing out? I've now had about 20 different Cointaker LEDs just but out on me? Some twice in the same socket?
**Yes, me too....rinse and repeat HUNdREDs of times.
*Can't believe Stern makes games with these 555 bulbs for the GI....it's glass off very game or replace a popped LED!
*Anyone else getting airballs from the drops? Shit, really annoying.

Get the point yet?

#47 10 years ago

This is a sound suggestion. SM for ACDCPremium is a damn good trade. I let my HUO SM with shaker and LEDs go for a solid price earlier this year....but not as much as a Prem is worth. Should then be able to trade for AVLE later on.

You can practice up on ACDC, then, when you think you're ready to hit the curve, graduate to AVLE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

16,500 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-avengers-le?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.