Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

louis avengers 008.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballJon:

Interesting points. Which one would you say is more mode based?

Neither one, really - they're both unique in that way.

In AC/DC, each song is a "mode" with its own song jackpot goals...and when you hit 8 of the "song related shots" you can hit the jukebox and choose a new song "mode" (or not & stick with your current song).

In Avengers, it's kind of like Monster Bash - each shot represents a character...shoot it enough time and it starts their "mode"...but it's more like a "scoring feature" - and it stays active till you complete it - it's not timed. Then once you do that - hit that character shot a bunch more times to start a Vs. mode - which always start as 2-Ball multiballs.

Neither game has a traditional "hit scoop, start timed mode, complete, get set up for next mode" thing.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Avengers is much more mode based.

....but it's kindddaaa not...sorta. It's progression based...story based. You're working toward a goal - Assemble the Avengers, complete the Vs. modes, get to the mini-wiz and wiz modes. But when you start a "mode" or character, there aren't really a bunch of shots to hit like you'd normally get in a traditional timed mode - you just shoot that shot more times to progress.

On the other hand - while AC/DC isn't traditionally story-mode based...you are encouraged to shoot shots all over the place, specifically and strategically, which IS more like a traditional game...only it's not lol

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

the call outs are as bad as Xmen.

No way...nothing even remotely compares to the awfulness of some of the Xmen voices...and even the decent ones are just blabbering about nothing. Yes, Avengers has fake voices and some don't sound like the movie actors, but most of them are well acted and a good majority of it is related to the pinball machine. I'll take "HULK never get to wizard mode...Hulk only get TILT!" over "Oh. My. Stars. And. Garters"

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I think an Avengers LE is going to be about $1,500 less than an AC/DC premium

AC/DC Prems are ~$6000 ...you think Avengers LE are gonna be selling for $4500? I don't think it's gonna get that low. I mean, I guess I'll find out if/when I sell mine...but I think I'd rather keep it then sell it for that low

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

You're probably right. In Canada, I see AC/DC Prem selling used for $6,500. Avengers LE is in the $5,200 to $5,500 range, I think. Several Avengers LE sold in the high $6K and more in the last few months (this is all local), but not sure how easy it would be to sell right now. I think some titles are bound to come down in the next year. And I think the Stern LEs are going to get hit the hardest. There are just too many options in the $5K to $6K range. Time will tell. Hope I'm wrong as I have the Avengers LE, of course, but I did get a smoking deal and I don't see it leaving for a long time. The kids and I really love it.
Cheers,
Duane

The thing w/ the Stern games is you have to take all versions in context when it comes to resale...I think they'll all kind of fluctuate together. So - if a Pro sells for X, a Premium should sell for X+ and a LE should sell for L++. We forget that there's an Avengers Premium - even though there don't seem to be any in this particular forum community.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside