10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

louis avengers 008.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Looking for some opinions on the game play between these two machines. Trying to decide between them and I'm completely split down the middle. Haven't had much time on either game so I'm looking for opinions to help me make up my mind.

Thanks,
Jon

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I always find it ironic when Avengers is put "vs" another pin. That's because their are "vs" modes in the pin.
I own AC/DC prem and AV Pro.
I'd love to help you out but you really can't compare these two pins. They are 100% different types of games. Layout is completely different, one is a mode based game, the other is a score based game.
AC/DC is a great pin. AVLE is a great pin too (once dialed in). This is truly one of those that you have to ask yourself what type of player you are and go down that route.
Or, if you aren't stuck on the Prem and LE you could probally get both in the pro model for about the same price. Both are better in the LE version's but both are still really fun in the pro version.
Really tough call on this one. If you look at my history you will see I had the same struggles. I wound up with both so I'm not going to be much help

Interesting points. Which one would you say is more mode based?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I own both and have enjoyed both a lot. But as others have said, they are very different type of games.
I would sell you both of mine, HUO MINT condition if you are interested. I live in Western, NC.

I appreciate the offer! My intentions were to sell my SM and use the money to buy a NIB Avengers LE, but there's been a lot more interest in trading than buying unfortunately. I got an offer for a straight trade on ACDC Premium, and that's where I stand.

I appreciate all of the responses. I've been wanting Avengers since the beginning, and I still want Avengers more...but I haven't played ACDC much and I'm seeing all over that it's a really good pin. Plus, I'm bored with Spidey and really want something new to play and I'm getting antsy! LOL

#33 10 years ago

Some very interesting points everyone. Thanks for all the input, especially the explanation of the rules. That's the main thing I was looking for when I made this post and you guys were a big help! After reading these I'm pretty sure if I have to pick between the two I will choose Avengers. If anyone wants a SM let me know and I'd be happy to trade!
I'm definitely more of a mode person, and I think it's safe to say that, out of the two, I'll be happier with Avengers in that aspect. Also, I originally wanted a NIB, but now I'm OK with trading for a "non NIB".

Thanks again,
Jon

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Buy both

louis avengers 008.jpg 182 KB

How's that blue display? One of the first things I want to do is get a blue display, but I wasn't sure how bright they were. Any suggestions of which one to get?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (Firm)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vs-avengers-le?tu=pinballjon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.