Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

louis avengers 008.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

I always find it ironic when avengers is put "vs" another pin. That's because their are "vs" modes in the pin.

I own AC/DC prem and AV Pro.

I'd love to help you out but you really can't compare these two pins. They are 100% different types of games. Layout is completely different, one is a mode based game, the other is a score based game.

AC/DC is a great pin. AVLE is a great pin too (once dialed in). This is truly one of those that you have to ask yourself what type of player you are and go down that route.

Or, if you aren't stuck on the Prem and LE you could probally get both in the pro model for about the same price. Both are better in the LE version's but both are still really fun in the pro version.

Really tough call on this one. If you look at my history you will see I had the same struggles. I wound up with both so I'm not going to be much help

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballJon:

Interesting points. Which one would you say is more mode based?

Rarehero describes it best in actuality. Now how I feel when playing it is different.

To me AV feels like I'm going through a game trying to beat it. When I hit the start button my goal is to get to and complete attack of the helicarrier (haven't beaten it yet) or get to the the final wizard mode. For AC/DC, when I hit the start button my goal is to beat _____ score. I don't go for encore as I don't think it's remotely possible for me to get there.

In my oppinion if you don't care about score then AC/DC isn't for you. If you do then you can't go wrong. My problem is it took me forever to get to the point to where I was OK with my objective being to beat a score. Due to that AC/DC was almost the door after a couple month. I stuck to it and am glad I did as I really enjoy the pin now. If I had to get rid of one of my pins I would give them both up and buy an AVLE (remember I have AV pro) as it "fits" me better than AC/DC.

With these two pins you have to find out what "fits" you best. If you did a poll I'd bet a lot of $$$ AC/DC would win that battle. That doesn't mean though it's the best pin for you.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballJon:

I appreciate the offer! My intentions were to sell my SM and use the money to buy a NIB Avengers LE, but there's been a lot more interest in trading than buying unfortunately. I got an offer for a straight trade on ACDC Premium, and that's where I stand.
I appreciate all of the responses. I've been wanting Avengers since the beginning, and I still want Avengers more...but I haven't played ACDC much and I'm seeing all over that it's a really good pin. Plus, I'm bored with Spidey and really want something new to play and I'm getting antsy! LOL

Reading this if you go with AC/DC over AV I think you will be disappointed. Not because I think you wont like AC/DC but because I feel you'll always second guess yourself. If you have always wanted one or the other then I strongly feel you should get that one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Plano, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside