Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mike_J
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1468679918-021-v-theredlist (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Figured I might as well start fretting now as by the time AC/DC Premium comes out in "late fall 2017", TRON VE will surely not be far behind.

Decisions. Decisions. This hobby can be so cruel sometimes. Oh the humanity!

#2 6 years ago

V VE
    1468679918-021-v-theredlist (resized).jpg1468679918-021-v-theredlist (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

tron is not happening at all. disney aint doing it, same with potc. never ever happening.

#4 6 years ago

Disney ain't doin' Avatar VE, so forget about it.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Figured I might as well start fretting now as by the time AC/DC Premium comes out in "late fall 2017", TRON VE will surely not be far behind.
    Decisions. Decisions. This hobby can be so cruel sometimes. Oh the humanity!

Bite the bullet Tuna Delight! I had my fingers crossed for a VE and then got sick of the wait. Had Tron about a year now and played it nearly every day since.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

tron is not happening at all. disney aint doing it, same with potc. never ever happening.

Why would Disney not do it?

Their whole business model is about making as much money as possible...this would be free money.

If we take Jody's word, is was Disney's idea not to do the spider-man film VE, but rather based on the comic. That move cuts Sony right out the mix.

#7 6 years ago

So tired of VE and remake shit.

#8 6 years ago

just wait forever and make sure to look both ways before you cross the street....

#9 6 years ago

Remakes are OK but not back to back. Too many good themes for new games to be done. One VE or re-skin a year is enough. Move on. We have all had our fill of Spidey/AC/DC, and a poor roll out of BM66. BM66 was a re-skin with some updates but rushed obviously and could have been much better.

Move on to new stuff.

So we all know AC/DC IS happening and still have no idea what changes they may make in the premium.....bring on Luci so everyone that wants one can get it as far as I am concerned.

Star Wars is no secret so it's just a matter of when it is happening. Aerosmith was no secret either and the release was bumped due to BM66.
    So what other new game is happening in 2017 besides Aerosmith and Star Wars? I don't consider AC/DC new. These are 3 games added to production so will they add a 4th game this year?

#10 6 years ago

TRON VE!@# Huzzah!!!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

Bite the bullet Tuna Delight! I had my fingers crossed for a VE and then got sick of the wait. Had Tron about a year now and played it nearly every day since.

That's my current conundrum. I'm holding out for a Tron VE, but, there haven't been any local Trons on the market to tempt me.

#12 6 years ago

A Tron VE will happen one day. Stern would be crazy not to do it. It is one of the most wanted games at the moment so it will come eventually, but in the mean time buy an original one if you get the chance....you could be waiting another year or so before a vault is made, and that is wasted time when you could be playing one.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why would Disney not do it?
    Their whole business model is about making as much money as possible...this would be free money.
    If we take Jody's word, is was Disney's idea not to do the spider-man film VE, but rather based on the comic. That move cuts Sony right out the mix.

Because Disney has killed the sequel and scrubbed Tron from existence in their US parks. I desperately want a Tron VE but I doubt we will see one.

#14 6 years ago

Both.

By the time you start growing a bit weary of your new AC/DC, Tron VE should be here.

#15 6 years ago

Its also possible that a tron ve would be a premium made to resemble the le with a higher price tag then a pro. Stern will want to make as much off this as they can. Alot of people would probably go for that.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

A Tron VE will happen one day. Stern would be crazy not to do it. It is one of the most wanted games at the moment so it will come eventually, but in the mean time buy an original one if you get the chance....you could be waiting another year or so before a vault is made, and that is wasted time when you could be playing one.

Nintendo was crazy to discontinue their NES Classic... They could have doubled the price and still sold the same amount... Good luck applying logic sometimes.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

I've considered buying a used TRON, but there are a number of factors that have kept me from doing so.

Namely:
    1) Too many other games available that I'm interested in as well.
    2) TRONs seem to be comparatively expensive.
    3) TRON VE will come! And I can wait (see #1).

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've considered buying a used TRON, but there are a number of factors that have kept me from doing so.
    Namely:
    1) Too many other games available that I'm interested in as well.
    2) TRONs are comparatively expensive.
    3) TRON VE will come! And I can wait (see #1).

1) and none of them are as awesome as TRON.
    2) see #1
    3) Maybe, maybe not. Disney might not want to or may be legally prevented from renewing the license. Stern is in a sticky spot because there was never a premium - and they are going to upset one camp or the other depending on how PRO-ish or LE-ish it would be. A re-skin based on the old movie is possible (and I would actually buy one to go with my TronLE), but I doubt there would be much of an audience.

So....do what I did. Pony up the $$$ and buy one. I haven't regretted the decision once and I won't regret it if there is a VE someday.

#19 6 years ago

One will be available in a couple months....One may take a year or even longer. Buy the one that will be available soon & wait to see if they redo the other. Pretty simple.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

down votes wont make it happen. just remember who told you long long ago that spiderman and 2 versions of ac dc would be vaulted as well as iron man. and why im at it, neither will LOTR ever ever again.
    tron of any kind won't be done, stop getting hopes up.

#21 6 years ago

I mentioned Tron VE every time I see Gary at a show. Also at the Expo when I mentioned it to a person from Stern with Gary he said he was an investor.

#22 6 years ago

Admirable that a TRONVE thread has waited this long to reappear.....thread title is wrong, however:

AC/DC Premium VE = they are advertising, making them

TRONVE= Speculative and optimistic at best..And they had no premium, and not going to remake an LE, and.....( nah..these have gotten too boring to engage in anymore.....drain)

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Admirable that a TRONVE thread has waited this long to reappear.....thread title is wrong, however:
    AC/DC Premium VE = they are advertising, making them
    TRONVE= Speculative and optimistic at best..And they had no premium, and not going to remake an LE, and.....( nah..these have gotten too boring to engage in anymore.....drain)

The title and thread are meant to be tongue in cheek.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Because Disney has killed the sequel and scrubbed Tron from existence in their US parks. I desperately want a Tron VE but I doubt we will see one.

Rumors are the Tron coaster will makes its way to at least Disney World, if not Disneyland as well.

#25 6 years ago

don't get the hype for tron. Took me a long time to sell mine at $5300 huo 5 months ago.

#26 6 years ago

I would love to see a POTC VE. Especially with the new movie coming out. The first was a great pin but came out at the wrong time. If they do make one, hopefully they will find an alternative to that horrible sneeze guard.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Avi8er:

I would love to see a POTC VE. ...

Absolutely! Right after TRON VE.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Avi8er:

I would love to see a POTC VE

I thought Jack was doing POTC and Toy Story

#29 6 years ago

At the risk of down votes, I also do not think that a tron ve will ever make it's way off the grid.

#30 6 years ago

Torn Ve is hyped on pinside but would it generate significant sales through distributors. There are a lot stronger themes in Sterns back catalogue. Transformers is a much more relevant theme but poor game. Same with Avengers although to new a title to consider VE. LOTR is apparently a very hard licence to deal with now days as the family is very particular and controlling with the ip. I could see them having another go at Xmen down the line.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Rumors are the Tron coaster will makes its way to at least Disney World, if not Disneyland as well.

I hope you are right about that. Looking at the video of the TRON ride in Shanghai Disneyland it looks amazing. I think the perfect spot for Disney World would be to take over the Tomorrowland Speedway. They should re-allocate the Speedway to a different section of the park, nothing futuristic about gas powered go-karts. They seem to just add 3D/4D glasses attractions now. Maybe re-theme the Speedway to Disney's Cars etc. Tron Ride would suit Tomorrowland in Disney World very well.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I hope you are right about that. Looking at the video of the TRON ride in Shanghai Disneyland it looks amazing. I think the perfect spot for Disney World would be to take over the Tomorrowland Speedway. They should re-allocate the Speedway to a different section of the park, nothing futuristic about gas powered go-karts. They seem to just add 3D/4D glasses attractions now. Maybe re-theme the Speedway to Disney's Cars etc. Tron Ride would suit Tomorrowland in Disney World very well.

It's definitely coming to Florida, but the early word is that it would be placed at Disney Hollywood Studios and could be re-themed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-ve-or-tron-ve?hl=boomerski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.