• Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

file (resized).jpeg
file2 (resized).jpeg
file4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

In my opinion the ACDC Premium Vault is a little nicer than the the original. The game is essentially the same, but the lower play field window is much clearer in the Vaults than the originals. All the originals I've played the window looked a little foggy. Apparently this was due to the fact they clear coated over the window. The positive with this clear coat is that it could provide a little protection from small scratches (I'm assuming) that could occur on the lower play field window...mine hasn't shown any signs of scratches, but the jury is still out. The only other differences are the metal back box, latch system, graphics around the dmd display, smaller sub in the Vault (I added an external sub), and the lower play field design....the balance is pretty much the same....

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Question.
lets say when shooting the bell you make it to the kickout hole behind it. if the ball is kicked out and makes it past the swinging bell on the way out it almost always goes straight down the middle, almost always. Nudging is pretty much futile for the most part, I can't really slide the game due to how its set up. I know some games have drains like this, but on this game the % of Straight down the middle drains is much, much higher. Seems like something isn't right, unless this is the way it's supposed to play.

mine does the same thing....

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

So it has a standard 8" in it like the pro?

I think so, but haven't measured it....I always add an external sub to my music games. Prior to adding the sub the sound seemed fine...

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

With the new beveled edge kick outs for bell & juke. Is it good enough to protect with Mylar or is it best to cliffy those spots?

I would add the Cliffy protectors....

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have to agree. The new window system makes a lot more sense and looks awesome. Also, the metal backboxes are superior to the old wood ones for a few reasons. The main reason being the tilt on the DMD panel which points the DMD and the speakers more directly at the players head and also helps eliminate the glare on the playfield glass. Also, good riddance to the old hex key latches. I prefer the short bolts.

yea the back box design is clever. I usually add Invisiglass to my games, which eliminates a lot of the glare, but tilting the dmd display helps significantly.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Use bent plastics from pinball life. I have them on all my games. Eliminates the dmd glare on the glass, and the led glare on the dmd. A brilliant accessory.

with the angled dmd and my invisiglass there's essentially no glare.....if you don't have the glass the bent plastics will help, but the angle on the dmd really helps reduce glare

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vault?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.