B44449D2-D838-48F4-B87B-601BE5833BE7 (resized).png
7754B4CE-F6A6-4779-8A02-57DF8C18966F (resized).jpeg
8AAC433B-380A-47DD-AF7E-FB8F5740985C (resized).jpeg
4FC4428F-6FD9-4D59-ADF4-35976444071B (resized).jpeg
38F0A3F3-440F-4182-BB2D-109864DD283D (resized).jpeg
5FBB6F49-5B66-4004-9A71-F0E7FDC1417E (resized).png
1D6857EC-D7C1-4F42-BE0F-F1EE6E8FFC7B (resized).png
11 2017 b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Have either of you owned or worked on an AC/DC prem/LE? It's a 5 min task at most to pull the full lower PF out of the game. You're not saving much time at all and with the removable insert you are incorporating an added risk of leveling issues in a game that's never had that problem before with the insert. Not to mention now you get to look at nearly a dozen screws in the middle of your PF. None of this is an "improvement" to me.

It is an easy job, but i still would prefer the option to replace it. There is a reason they did it.

1 week later
#132 6 years ago

Probably already answered.

Will the premium vault have 555 wedges for gi?

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Really not that big of a difference. Non modded games could be had for sub 7k before the VE talk and should still be able to be found now. The price for unmodded original and new VE is pretty close. With VE you get new though so that's nice if the changes don't bother you (and for some they wont).
Some people may have been asking over 7k for their unmodded games but I'm not seeing those really selling for that price.

I think you need to calm down then go buy some black screws.

The package was never that great to look at in the 1st place. And yeah it is pinside just having a whinge at something.

As soon as anyone buys this game turns it on and starts playing they won't give a shit.

For Those getting one enjoy.

1 month later
#431 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll "calm down" if you pay attention to the reason for my post. Deal? I'll spell it out....
It was said (and what i quoted) the removable playfield was an "upgrade". It is not an UPGRADE. It looks worse and adds the risk of leveling problems to something that had zero issues with that. You can argue the looks but you can't argue the risk of level issues down the road.
I'm still happy people can buy the game NIB again as it's a great game. With the pro Stern made some good improvements. With the prem I'm of the opinion that they downgraded things. In addition to what was talked about they give you a shadow in the band, smaller sub, latch style bar (I prefer that but most like the old style better).
I just stated the obvious when the topic came up. Heck, "upgrade" is even in the title with a question mark. Thus a question so an answer was provided....
Oh, and to add, if you open it up and play the game and a slow ball catches an edge of that insert and drains I'm sure someone would "give a shit". Maybe you've never played games with massive removable inserts. If not perfectly level they DO impact game play.

I can see you've calmed down

1 week later
#446 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Nope, just stopped arguing with you until you had to pipe up again trying to be a smart ass.
The lower window, to me, is still not an "UPGRADE". I've played the VE and it plays good but I still don't like the look of how they incorporated the window. I still stand by all of my statements. I still strongly feel that down the road their are going to be a number of people that start to have leveling issues. It's inevitable with an insert system like that.
I am still happy that people that wanted an AC/DC had a chance to pick up new ones and I'm happy that those whom have bought are enjoying their games. I chose to try and be helpful to those people in this thread whom were enjoying their games and looking for ideas. After this response I'm going to continue to do the same and wont participate in your antics.

And all I said originally was calm down and throw in some black screws its no biggie honestly. There was no argument???until you got over emotional about a pin you don't even own and sarcastic... and now name calling.

I have a premium and my friend has a vault, there is zero difference and yeah he like I believe it's definitely an improvement... the window can be replaced now. Great idea. The aesthetic appeal is the only real change And that is subjective.

You say your happy for these people? You don't seem it, particularly getting so hung up over a minor change that bares no weight on making this vault ed pinball worse than the originals.

You keep banging on about the problems this change can or does cause ....down the road (anything can and sometimes does happen "down the road"). ok...

Let's ask so more vault owners. Are these real issues guys?

So yeah again calm down... and be happy for these guys and actually mean it. Seems to me like you've decided to pick a change to complain about on these vaults and won't let it go. No antics here I just call things as I see em. Peace

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I played the premium VE a lot, and I have an original to compare to.
The VE is great. The removable lower playfield cover is a big upgrade. It shoots the same.
The only bummer is the weight. It's lighter, and you can feel it. If you're not big on nudging and slides, you'll hardly notice, however. And it's not THAT big of a deal. It's just noticeable.
Pick up a VE! Stern's best game with some improvements. I'll never get rid of my original, but I think this is the best VE to date. It plays nearly identical.

Yes agree big upgrade. The clear window is a big improvement
A band cover mod is quite an easy thing to whip up particulary with lighting options available these days. There are a few different designs floating around. All do same thing and are easy to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vault-upgrades?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.