Topic Stats

• 510 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Valorguy
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

143AEF03-342D-464D-9A5C-3C079176E043 (resized).jpeg
44b (resized).jpg
thumbnail (resized).jpg
20171219_161303 (resized).jpg
20171219_125217 (resized).jpg
E6C8884E-3762-43EB-A5A2-128FACE7A6FB (resized).jpeg
89 (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
B44449D2-D838-48F4-B87B-601BE5833BE7 (resized).png
7754B4CE-F6A6-4779-8A02-57DF8C18966F (resized).jpeg
8AAC433B-380A-47DD-AF7E-FB8F5740985C (resized).jpeg
4FC4428F-6FD9-4D59-ADF4-35976444071B (resized).jpeg
38F0A3F3-440F-4182-BB2D-109864DD283D (resized).jpeg
5FBB6F49-5B66-4004-9A71-F0E7FDC1417E (resized).png
1D6857EC-D7C1-4F42-BE0F-F1EE6E8FFC7B (resized).png
11 2017 b (resized).jpg

There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 1 year ago

^^ what he said^^

#202 1 year ago

Again, all the whining coming from owners of the original. I'm sure people who buy the VE will be happy to get a completely NIB AC/DC PreVE for the same or less $$ than the original was selling for with a few 100 or 1000 plays.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Again, all the whining coming from owners of the original. I'm sure people who's buy the VE will be happy to get a completely NIB AC/DC PreVE for the same or less $$ than the original was selling for with a few 100 or 1000 plays.

exactly....

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Maybe you've never played games with massive removable inserts. If not perfectly level they DO impact game play.

That's like saying a broken flipper impacts gameplay. Of course it does! And if your insert on AC/DC isn't perfectly level the first course of action might be to... level it.

We just disagree. I think it's an upgrade, you don't. I worked on a game that another tech had damaged the window. If it had been replaceable, no big deal. Over the lifetime of the game, I think it's a good idea.

#205 1 year ago

The removable window is a great idea but it should have been engineered so the screws attached to the plastic on the bottom of the playfield. This would have provided a much cleaner look.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

The removable window is a great idea but it should have been engineered so the screws attached to the plastic on the bottom of the playfield. This would have provided a much cleaner look.

Yeah, this is how CFTBL and Congo is. So strange that they didn't go this route.

#207 1 year ago

Well folks, TRON VE pics are starting to leak!!! My distributor says there will be a price hike in the vaults because they couldnt renew some of the actors' license's, but not to worry cause the main actor Sam Flynn agreed to being on the vault. Despite the price hike and license changes, the game looks epic and people are already throwing money at stern to get another NIB TRON!!! heres the a preview of the new playfield.

tron (resized).png

#208 1 year ago

Probably the best upgrade you can get right now...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-premiumle-30

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well folks, TRON VE pics are starting to leak!!! My distributor says there will be a price hike in the vaults because they couldnt renew some of the actors' license's, but not to worry cause the main actor Sam Flynn agreed to being on the vault. Despite the price hike and license changes, the game looks epic and people are already throwing money at stern to get another NIB TRON!!! heres the a preview of the new playfield.

lol

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're the rip off artist who posts all the inflated price pins on eBay with the black and white checkered floor right? Figures you have no class.

Craig doesn't run FUN, he's just a marketing pissant there. Steve Nordseth runs the place, along with his business partner. Business partner guy is creepy AF, you can expect that any time you go in there to look at their stuff, that you'll be watched like a hawk, and they will not want to turn anything on to test it out. One time they had posted on Facebook that a game was there on the floor, for people to come by and check it out...so my wife and I did, and we were told "One game, this isn't an arcade." by the business partner. His name is escaping me, but it's completely unimportant. Steve is the owner and the face. Prices might be ridiculous, but Steve isn't a terrible guy. I've sold a game to them that I couldn't get sold on craigslist. It was a fairly painless deal. /shrug

Personally, I won't give them any business at all currently, even if I need a simple part. I'd rather pay shipping than support anyone employing Craig, but he's been an outright dick to me for so long, even when I've done him favors like meeting him closer to his area to swap toppers we ordered from the same dude and they got switched addresses, and with him trying to convince me to take part in their failed reality show fiasco....as the "local a-hole"......yeah, I'm enjoying a bit of schadenfreude right now with the hypocrisy of him repeatedly making me out to be an asshole..

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sadly, with Stern, that image is halfway believable!

#212 1 year ago

The title of the thread is perfect. There isn't one upgrade over the original premiums after they figured out the mini play field issues. Its just nice for people that want the game to be able to get a new one. But if I was picking between a nice low play HUO model with a few mods or a NIB vault i'd take the original.

#213 1 year ago

More interesting will be 3 years down the road. Will the VE be equal to, greater than, or less than to the original (market value, collector desirability).

Frankly, ACDC is one of the those games that really benefits from a couple of the mods available on the market: Pin Bits Lightning Bolt Kit and Color DMD are basically essential. And Pinball refinery has a few awesome lighting upgrades... of course the drum mods, etc. It adds up quick. Just getting rid of the crappy lightning bolts and red DMD cost $550 alone. New buyers could find themselves sitting at $7350-$7450 real quick.

When you stack that versus against a cherry HUO original, with those upgrades in addition to an upgraded 12" woofer... plus the original art package... which one is the one that folks are going to want?

I agree with everyone that more games is better. More people having access is better. But at $7K-ish, it's not like the originals weren't out there in like new condition.

#214 1 year ago

People are going to hate me for this comment. But I don't think color DMD's add anything! They're too expensive the squeeze ain't worth the juice. With a table like AC/DC the bolts are a must they actually add something IMO unlike the over-priced color DMD.

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

People are going to hate me for this comment. But I don't think color DMD's add anything! They're too expensive the squeeze ain't worth the juice. With a table like AC/DC the bolts are a must they actually add something IMO unlike the over-priced color DMD.

I'll quickly shoot you some love before the rain of hate showers down. I personally love Color DMD in each machine I see them in, but can't consider them in any of my games due to the high price of admission. I mean, its the same information, just with color. My girlfriend absolutely loves them, but $400 could've gotten us an ok playing project pin a few months ago. She'd rather spend that to make the planet on RBION differentiate the land vs. water better. If we ended up spending that money, you better believe it would've went to the project.

On the flip side, if I'm trading, I'm not going to say no thanks to one that's installed... but I ain't raising the trade value $400 either.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I wouldn't call a ColorDMD overpriced. If its not for you that is totally fine and I can respect that opinion. The price when compared to other mods is perfectly reasonable. You do get value for your money, there is the screen, boards, plus the cost of software, development and the service they provide. When people make 25 units of a mod out of a $20 dollar LED strip and charge $25 bucks a pop that is an overpriced mod. You acting like ColorDMD is ripping people off with the pricing and that is not really fair. I think it is fair to say that ColorDMD is a luxury mod.

#217 1 year ago

If you don't want to pay for the ColorDMD installed in my AC/DC when I sell it that's fine, I'll just sell it to someone else. Easiest mod out there to get value back out of, that's for sure!

#218 1 year ago

I absolutely agree CDMD does hold most of its value unlike other mods. I understand they require development & cost associated with manufacturing I just think you don't look up as you're playing to really enjoy to make it worth the $$

#219 1 year ago

All my DMD games have had ColorDMDs. Once you go color it's hard to go back. But it's not cheap, I get that.

#220 1 year ago

ACDC color DMD happens to be one of the best...

#221 1 year ago

Thanks for posting that video, instantly made my mind up, it will be my 1st colordmd purchase.

#222 1 year ago

ColorDMD is a great upgrade. And almost always one of my first.

#223 1 year ago

I guess I'm just a bad player. On fast playing games like acdc and IM when do you have time to be looking at the beautiful colordmd? I think they're cool, but I haven't invested in them because most the time I'm the only one playing the pins. Great for people standing around watching though I guess.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

» YouTube video

Color DMD is a no brainer on all available games. This mod along with invisiglass, and Cliffy protectors the only mods that I believe u get most of your money back on. Most your lucky to get $.25-.50 on the dollar...

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

» YouTube video

Its good on acdc but its a huge upgrade to any pin. A must have on all pins in my collection along with pdi glass

#226 1 year ago

Orange County Pinballs posted pics on their Facebook page of the premium they received.

I believe this is the sub that's in it, not a 12" but better than the standard 8" stern uses. Curious to see how it sounds.

https://www.parts-express.com/goldwood-gw-208-4-8-oem-woofer-4-ohm--290-310

Screenshot_20170924-232000 (resized).png

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Two things:

1: It's easier to remove from the top to get at the lower playfield for cleaning.
2: Mounted from the bottom there could be clearance issues with the mini playfield. It wasn't originally designed like this.

The thick black outline hides the wooden edge the window sits on. Nobody is used to seeing that so it does stick out like a sore thumb at first.

Rob

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Two things:
1: It's easier to remove from the top to get at the lower playfield for cleaning.
2: Mounted from the bottom there could be clearance issues with the mini playfield. It wasn't originally designed like this.
The thick black outline hides the wooden edge the window sits on. Nobody is used to seeing that so it does stick out like a sore thumb at first.
Rob

The mini PF drops with hardware that doesn't wear out with cycles... does the new top down screwed window?

The "issue" people have with the original mini PF is so overblown. Dealing with the opto cables is harder than removing the PF

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Two things:
Rob

It's really going to depend on how flush it is with the playing surface. Would be bad if it leads to playfield cutout/edge that's exposed and chipping. See Black Hole.

We all know exactly why Stern did this... question is, did they take the time to execute it properly?

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

We all know exactly why Stern did this... question is, did they take the time to execute it properly?

Why. So owners can change out scratched up playfield window in 10 years? Seems reasonable to me.

Agreed there isn't really any upgrades at all though.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Why. So owners can change out scratched up playfield window in 10 years? Seems reasonable to me.
Agreed there isn't really any upgrades at all though.

I understand your point... that begs the question: will Stern have spare parts in 10 years? They certainly don't stock spare parts across the board for games they were making 10 years ago. And if someone attempts to make a replica window, will Stern shut it down (a la mods)?

No one can count on Stern to provide parts support for this game 10 yrs down the road... I think this screw-in window has everything to do with the now, and dealing with potential playfield manufacturing issues in the short term. Nothing the company is currently doing is user-centric... I can't imagine them taking the time to make this one part special just for end-user convenience.

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its good on acdc but its a huge upgrade to any pin. A must have on all pins in my collection along with pdi glass

Have it on STTNG and T2. When I had IJ, also awesome, like it belonged to begin with. It really is a must have on games that they have it for.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I understand your point... that begs the question: will Stern have spare parts in 10 years? They certainly don't stock spare parts across the board for games they were making 10 years ago. And if someone attempts to make a replica window, will Stern shut it down (a la mods)?
No one can count on Stern to provide parts support for this game 10 yrs down the road... I think this screw-in window has everything to do with the now, and dealing with potential playfield manufacturing issues in the short term. Nothing the company is currently doing is user-centric... I can't imagine them taking the time to make this one part special just for end-user convenience.

I understand what your saying about spare parts, but why is this game any different than ALL the other Stern games. Clearly there was a reason they made this change, and IMO its a small upgrade.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

hmmm, I guess I would have went to the effort if you were buying from me .....but

Wow....
Just into the store after the weekend ......and oh my.
Guys......oops I'm sorry my snarky joke was taken the wrong way.

It was more so meant as a joke. But I guess it didn't come off that way and with that I humbly apologize.

Gorilla Monkey ....congrats on buying an AC/DC Premium Vault from whichever distributor it was purchased from. You will love it.

As stated above I apologize and look forward to hopefully meaning fences with y'all and earning your business in the future.

Here are pics of AC/DC Premium Vault Edition.
Let me know if there is anything else y'all would like to see.
Some things worth mentioning.
- Yes, clear top window is removable. Personally I like it. Over time and the game not being properly cleaned the non-removable clear window would probably show surface scratches. Having this piece be removable and replaceable I think is a great upgrade. Looking at this brand new Vault the clear window is so crystal clear it almost looks like I can touch the lower playfield.
- Bigger speaker in lower cabinet over the pro model. But yes, does look slightly smaller than the original Premium AC/DC.
- Lock bar is now the latch type lock bar. I'm not sure from memory if that's how the original AC/DC Premium was or if it was with a release lever. I don't have an original AC/DC Premium to compare too.
- Backbox is the new stardard metal backbox, with two 5/8" socket bolts securing head.

On a completely separate note. I'm going to attempt to take the high road here. Mr. Frax you took this to a new personal level and most all of the information you posted about myself and FUN! was inaccurate. We need to talk. If you want to have a civilized conversation and mend fences as well, my number is 214-632-5537

IMG_2086 (resized).JPG
IMG_2087 (resized).JPG
IMG_2089 (resized).JPG
IMG_2088 (resized).JPG
IMG_2090 (resized).JPG
IMG_2091 (resized).JPG
IMG_2092 (resized).JPG
IMG_2094 (resized).JPG
IMG_2095 (resized).JPG
IMG_2093 (resized).JPG

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

With all the clear coat issues that have been seen in some recent games, I'd guess this has something to do with it as well. As long as the games plays well, with not catches on the edges I see it as a positive. An owner can color match the screws to black, red or yellow and aftermarket companies may make these for years to come.

#236 1 year ago

Mr. Frax you took this to a new personal level and most all of the information you posted about myself and FUN! was inaccurate. We need to talk. If you want to have a civilized conversation and mend fences as well, my number is 214-632-5537

You can call me by my given name. I don't care. I mean, I do go by "Frax" in person and that's fine, but you know my actual name is Josh.. it's not a secret. "Mr. Frax" just makes me laugh...it sounds silly even in my head. It'd me like me calling you "Mr. Castle"

If it's inaccurate, then correct it...you clearly don't feel like doing that on the forum. I'm not sure how *personal experience* of having been in there several times is "inaccurate" though. TBH I don't know what your actual job title is, but the only thing I've seen you do since you went over there is try and sell games, so to me...that's marketing/sales. I'm sure you probably do other stuff there to fill the time, like helping repair games and whatnot, but I'm more concerned with the public facing part. I haven't been in there in a while, last chance I had (I don't go into stores to just waste their time, so I'm not stopping by to just window shop!) was when Nationals was there and I was busy that weekend. Maybe if you're running the floor instead of the business partner, things might be a bit different now, which would be a great change for FUN, because every time I've been in there aside from some community event they're hosting, it's felt hostile as hell, not like a welcoming place of business. That's my personal experience, not a relayed anecdote.

*edit* Deleted everything below this point and took it to PM. I'm done on this thread, and the rest didn't belong here.

#237 1 year ago

Snarky jokes don't work well online? Who knew.

#238 1 year ago

Wow....
Just into the store after the weekend ......and oh my.
It was more so meant as a joke. But I guess it didn't come off that way and with that I humbly apologize.
Gorilla Monkey ....congrats on buying an AC/DC Premium Vault from whichever distributor it was purchased from. You will love it.
As stated above I apologize and look forward to hopefully meaning fences with y'all and earning your business in the future.
Here are pics of AC/DC Premium Vault Edition.
Let me know if there is anything else y'all would like to see.
Some things worth mentioning.
- Yes, clear top window is removable. Personally I like it. Over time and the game not being properly cleaned the non-removable clear window would probably show surface scratches. Having this piece be removable and replaceable I think is a great upgrade. Looking at this brand new Vault the clear window is so crystal clear it almost looks like I can touch the lower playfield.
- Bigger speaker in lower cabinet over the pro model. But yes, does look slightly smaller than the original Premium AC/DC.
- Lock bar is now the latch type lock bar. I'm not sure from memory if that's how the original AC/DC Premium was or if it was with a release lever. I don't have an original AC/DC Premium to compare too.
- Backbox is the new stardard metal backbox, with two 5/8" socket bolts securing head.
On a completely separate note. I'm going to attempt to take the high road here. Mr. Frax you took this to a new personal level and most all of the information you posted about myself and FUN! was inaccurate. We need to talk. If you want to have a civilized conversation and mend fences as well, my number is 214-632-5537

Thanks for the pics

#239 1 year ago

Wow....

Original Premium run had the "LE" style release lever lock bar.

#240 1 year ago

Got mine set up this morning. Looks, sounds, and most importantly plays great!

Now to do something about this giant pile of mods

61601C18-A4D9-4078-B0C9-BC3B6CA94576 (resized).jpeg

AEF84E49-E62F-47F2-96BF-A6BEC1B433F8 (resized).jpeg

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Got mine set up this morning. Looks, sounds, and most importantly plays great!
Now to do something about this giant pile of mods

Looks great. I hope it's everything you were hoping for. Know you've been wanting one for a while now. If you don't have the drums mod yet I'd strongly suggest them as they look great and do a good job hiding the ramp diverter coils.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks great. I hope it's everything you were hoping for. Know you've been wanting one for a while now. If you don't have the drums mod yet I'd strongly suggest them as they look great and do a good job hiding the ramp diverter coils.

They would look weird for a band that doesn't have a drummer.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They would look weird for a band that doesn't have a drummer.

Could always superimpose Steve Ritchie as the drummer. It's an idea.

#244 1 year ago

AC/DC is a great game and the VE in my opinion looks fantastic. This game is a perfect candidate for a color DMD. Yes the 350.00 is not a cheap buy but neither is A AC/DC VE. NEWS ALERT! this is an Expensive hobby. This is the reason I work 70 hours a week

Gorilla Congrats Sweet Game!

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

AC/DC is a great game and the VE in my opinion looks fantastic. This game is a perfect candidate for a color DMD. Yes the 350.00 is not a cheap buy but neither is A AC/DC VE. NEWS ALERT! this is an Expensive hobby. This is the reason I work 70 hours a week
Gorilla Congrats Sweet Game!

Thanks ASOA

Got you covered on the color DMD

I've got a train topper, color dmd, lighting bolt mod, hooked red powder coated interactive apron, cannon mod, mirror blades, full Helen set w/ decals + translite + custom Flipper Fidelity interactive backbox kit, external sub, and chrome shooter ready to go.

I know you're jonesing for a NIB game, if you're at all interested they did a great job with this one!

#246 1 year ago

The best mod on AC/DC is to change the songs and update the Jukebox. If the line up happens to match your taste then your lucky and enjoy the machine. If it doesn't don't hesitate in changing them, it's dead easy and lots of help available and man what a difference. Having ever song be one of your favorites just adds such polish to the pin.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The best mod on AC/DC is to change the songs and update the Jukebox. If the line up happens to match your taste then your lucky and enjoy the machine. If it doesn't don't hesitate in changing them, it's dead easy and lots of help available and man what a difference. Having ever song be one of your favorites just adds such polish to the pin.

How do you change the songs.....I'd like to change a few....

#248 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

Everything is in that thread. If you're scared there are lots of pinsiders that will do it for you. I had mine done for me, as I didn't have the time. Now I'm thinking of messing around a lot more and maybe doing a Ramones sound track for a couple months. I just couldn't have AC/DC without Dirty Deeds and Can I sit next to you girl. They are just my personal favorites and what a difference having them.

#249 1 year ago

I just want to say that I'm talking to hassellcastle in PM, and it's been brought to my attention that the situation at FUN as I described (from my personal experiences in the past...not in the time he's been there..) has changed quite a bit. I'm more than willing to take him at his word for the time being, and find out. It'll be nice if what I'm told is true...the place is literally 10 minutes from my house, and I've avoided it like the plague for a long time, but my Metallica did technically come from them.

#250 1 year ago

Can anyone that has received a VE confirm that it is still SAM?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 11.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Yoder, IN
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Lutz, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside