B44449D2-D838-48F4-B87B-601BE5833BE7 (resized).png
7754B4CE-F6A6-4779-8A02-57DF8C18966F (resized).jpeg
8AAC433B-380A-47DD-AF7E-FB8F5740985C (resized).jpeg
4FC4428F-6FD9-4D59-ADF4-35976444071B (resized).jpeg
38F0A3F3-440F-4182-BB2D-109864DD283D (resized).jpeg
5FBB6F49-5B66-4004-9A71-F0E7FDC1417E (resized).png
1D6857EC-D7C1-4F42-BE0F-F1EE6E8FFC7B (resized).png
11 2017 b (resized).jpg
There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 6 years ago

Anybody know or heard if we're getting any freebies with the new AC/DC Premiums that are coming up next month? I know the pro models got the swinging bell upgrade, all LED, and some speaker graphics. It would be nice to have some lite up lightning bolts or somethin. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

I'm waiting to see the cab artwork

#3 6 years ago

I'm thinkin the cab artwork will be the same since the pros were the same.

#4 6 years ago

I'm anxiously awaiting pics and the details to see if anything has changed, too!

#5 6 years ago

Is nobody bothered by the omission of one band member on the playfield/backglass?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is nobody bothered by the omission of one band member on the playfield/backglass?

Not really, since he's not in the band anymore. I'm just hoping they don't add Axle in there!
I hope they put out the Luci version again.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Not really, since he's not in the band anymore. I'm just hoping they don't add Axle in there!

I'm hoping Luci-ish.

#8 6 years ago

I guess the problem I have with it is all of the music and images on the game were when Phil was in the band. To remove him on the reissue because he's not in the band doesn't make sense. I guess it goes back to the license holders call the shots.

Quoted from facelift:

#9 6 years ago

Come on Stern, release some pics and info already!!!!

#10 6 years ago

They said they would never do Luci again..... that being said they are going to do Lucy.

#11 6 years ago

Haha yeah it's Luci. I saw a distro advertise it on Facebook a few weeks ago for maybe a half hour and then it was promptly removed. If Stern ever decides to address my SW ghosting I'd love to pick one up.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Haha yeah it's Luci. I saw a distro advertise it on Facebook a few weeks ago for maybe a half hour and then it was promptly removed. If Stern ever decides to address my SW ghosting I'd love to pick one up.

You're saying the premium vaults are going to be Lucys? I hope not cause I got kids.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Luci?

For reals?

That is a tough call.

Luci is sweet. But damn, it needs a $400 color DMD. Even then it's color DMD dots vs native LCD animations. It's a tough pill to swallow when Aerosmith is $5200 cash ($5700 online).

Anyone know if the rumors of Elvira & Pulp Fiction are legit?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Luci?
For reals?
That is a tough call.
Luci is sweet. But damn, it needs a $400 color DMD. Even then it's color DMD dots vs native LCD animations. It's a tough pill to swallow when Aerosmith is $5200 cash ($5700 online).
Anyone know if the rumors of Elvira & Pulp Fiction are legit?

Elvira isn't a rumor. It's happening.

Not sure on Pulp Fiction.

#15 6 years ago

I'm in on a Premium. Would be cool if it was Luci, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Not sure how my wife would like that, either...

#16 6 years ago

If it's going to have a cartoon sexy girl on it, I much prefer the Aurich style. That being said, I prefer the original premium can over Luci.

#17 6 years ago

I was recently told by somebody I trust no Luci...

#18 6 years ago

I can't imagine they would only do Luci's, maybe they will do some but Stern would do regular premiums, right? I'm sure there are people that would not want that art style, I know I wouldn't.

I wonder about this Pulp Fiction talk it could be a dream theme for me. The style, the music, the callouts, it could be so fucking good. It also could be a disaster, if they do it and it doesn't have the Uma poster for translite I will never forgive them.

#19 6 years ago

Heard last night that AC/DC Premium VE are on the line now and will start shipping as soon as next week.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Elvira isn't a rumor. It's happening.
Not sure on Pulp Fiction.

My heaaaaarrrrrt is on fiiiiire... for Elvira!

I'm gonna buy that if its like my Aerosmith (decent launch code, glossy PF, magnificent art, cool features @ Pro pricing & an LCD).

Same for Pulp Fiction.

I dont think I can accept DMD games moving FW. But, maybe ACDCve Premium will surprise me?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

Heard last night that AC/DC Premium VE are on the line now and will start shipping as soon as next week.

I heard the same - and no Luci - damn...

#22 6 years ago

Ah dang it.

#23 6 years ago

Two major changes:

One is that the playfield window is removable:

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 2.17.01 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 2.17.01 PM (resized).png

The other is that the woofer is only 8":

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 2.16.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 2.16.21 PM (resized).png

#24 6 years ago

Edit, lollipop rails are included despite technical drawing

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 2.20.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 2.20.21 PM (resized).png

#25 6 years ago

Anyone have a shipped price quote on the Premium? And a dealer they could recommend? I'm looking to put in an order once they become available.

#26 6 years ago

Go with JJ at GameEx

#27 6 years ago

removable lower play field is an improvement. Elimination of the lollipop rails is a cost saving measure (not that much of a savings), and frankly is stupid. The smaller sub woofer isn't that big a deal as I personally think all these music games deserve an external sub anyways. Does anyone know if the trim is red?

#28 6 years ago

The trim is red, but I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't include the lollipop rails!

#29 6 years ago

Thanks...I know its a stupid decision if thats truly the case...

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

The trim is red, but I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't include the lollipop rails!

Technical picture from the manual doesn't show them

#31 6 years ago

Seriously, how cheap can you get? You go to the trouble to paint regular rails gloss red but can't include the lollipop rails? Not cool, especially since the price just keeps going up!!!

#32 6 years ago

I don't think I would use the art in a manual to determine the rails, probably just didn't bother with different art for the manual. Manuals are notoriously inaccurate in pinball.

#33 6 years ago

True. Although, the manual for the original shows the correct rails. Based on Sterns recent premiums, wouldn't be shocking.

#34 6 years ago

My distributor called Stern...lollipops are still included!!!

#35 6 years ago

awesome

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

My distributor called Stern...lollipops are still included!!!

That's pretty sweet! Did you get an idea of a street price?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

removable lower play field is an improvement.

Is it really? I very much prefer to integrated insert. I can't think of any time I played a Congo or CFTBL and thought it was great it was a removable insert as the ball caught an edge and moved. I've yet to see anyone have issues with their AC/DC insert excluding the early on cloudy windows as well so it's not like that is a problem.

An insert of that size not being built into the PF is not what I personally consider an improvement. I may be in the minority though as I seem to be more often than not these days on pinside.

One thing that is said to be different but not called out is the drummer will be stationary in the dancing band portion. Nothing major bot not an improvement either.

#38 6 years ago

I think the pf apron is listed as red now too in the new manual.

#39 6 years ago

Stern prolly made the window removable because they knew it would ghost

#40 6 years ago

It gets rid of a huge headache area... will certainly make cleaning easier!

#41 6 years ago

I was quoted $6900 shipped, sounds pretty good to me! Can anybody beat?

#42 6 years ago

Yeah I was quoted 6800 shipped

#43 6 years ago

good deals for sure. 7200

#44 6 years ago

Just placed an order, shipping in a couple weeks!!! Met my distro in the middle for $6850 shipped. So excited!!!

#45 6 years ago

God ...... I can remember when I paid 6500 for my LTBR. Those were they days !!!

#46 6 years ago

...and Tron LE was $5500 back in the day ..... sigh

Quoted from hoby1:

God ...... I can remember when I paid 6500 for my LTBR. Those were they days !!!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I guess the problem I have with it is all of the music and images on the game were when Phil was in the band. To remove him on the reissue because he's not in the band doesn't make sense. I guess it goes back to the license holders call the shots.

Originally it was up to the band members.
Bon Scott isn't on the pin either but you can hear him in the music tracks.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Is it really? I very much prefer to integrated insert. I can't think of any time I played a Congo or CFTBL and thought it was great it was a removable insert as the ball caught an edge and moved. I've yet to see anyone have issues with their AC/DC insert excluding the early on cloudy windows as well so it's not like that is a problem.
An insert of that size not being built into the PF is not what I personally consider an improvement. I may be in the minority though as I seem to be more often than not these days on pinside.
One thing that is said to be different but not called out is the drummer will be stationary in the dancing band portion. Nothing major bot not an improvement either.

I couldn't disagree more assuming of course its done correctly. Having the ability to clean or swap out with ease it a big plus in my book.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Originally it was up to the band members.
Bon Scott isn't on the pin either but you can hear him in the music tracks.

Well I guess that means Bon Scott didn't want in

#50 6 years ago

So with the removable lower PF window, the steel ball wont get kincked on the torx screws

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 510 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vault-upgrades/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.