You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

file (resized).jpeg
file2 (resized).jpeg
file4 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Starting a post to see how the build quality is on the VE. & also, looking for video/pics. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

It's amazing.

Mine was perfect out of the box. Plays as nice as any original one I've ever played. PF is nice, No ghosting a month later.

Here's a couple snaps of mine, I dressed her up a little bit

file4 (resized).jpegfile4 (resized).jpeg

file2 (resized).jpegfile2 (resized).jpeg

file (resized).jpegfile (resized).jpeg

#3 6 years ago

Very nice!!! She's beautiful!!

#4 6 years ago

In my opinion the ACDC Premium Vault is a little nicer than the the original. The game is essentially the same, but the lower play field window is much clearer in the Vaults than the originals. All the originals I've played the window looked a little foggy. Apparently this was due to the fact they clear coated over the window. The positive with this clear coat is that it could provide a little protection from small scratches (I'm assuming) that could occur on the lower play field window...mine hasn't shown any signs of scratches, but the jury is still out. The only other differences are the metal back box, latch system, graphics around the dmd display, smaller sub in the Vault (I added an external sub), and the lower play field design....the balance is pretty much the same....

#5 6 years ago

Question.
lets say when shooting the bell you make it to the kickout hole behind it. if the ball is kicked out and makes it past the swinging bell on the way out it almost always goes straight down the middle, almost always. Nudging is pretty much futile for the most part, I can't really slide the game due to how its set up. I know some games have drains like this, but on this game the % of Straight down the middle drains is much, much higher. Seems like something isn't right, unless this is the way it's supposed to play.

#6 6 years ago

Might try adding a rubber sleeve to the post on the left side of the exit out of the bell helps to avoid going sdtm. The post is behind the lightning bolt.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Question.
lets say when shooting the bell you make it to the kickout hole behind it. if the ball is kicked out and makes it past the swinging bell on the way out it almost always goes straight down the middle, almost always. Nudging is pretty much futile for the most part, I can't really slide the game due to how its set up. I know some games have drains like this, but on this game the % of Straight down the middle drains is much, much higher. Seems like something isn't right, unless this is the way it's supposed to play.

mine does the same thing....

#8 6 years ago

That's the risk/reward part about that shot.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The only other differences are the metal back box, latch system, graphics around the dmd display, smaller sub in the Vault (I added an external sub), and the lower play field design....the balance is pretty much the same....

So it has a standard 8" in it like the pro?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

So it has a standard 8" in it like the pro?

I think so, but haven't measured it....I always add an external sub to my music games. Prior to adding the sub the sound seemed fine...

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Might try adding a rubber sleeve to the post on the left side of the exit out of the bell helps to avoid going sdtm. The post is behind the lightning bolt.

ok, makes me feel a little better. I can sometimes save it as long as I haven't used a warning yet. The more I play this game the more I see why it's so popular. Takes a while to get comfortable with the shots and you need to be in order to score anything descent. Sucks, I was three songs from encore last night, closest I've gotten so far.

#12 6 years ago

With the new beveled edge kick outs for bell & juke. Is it good enough to protect with Mylar or is it best to cliffy those spots?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

With the new beveled edge kick outs for bell & juke. Is it good enough to protect with Mylar or is it best to cliffy those spots?

I would add the Cliffy protectors....

#14 6 years ago

Well, i was cranking my vault and blew a tda2030a. Now I have no subwoofer, and a very hot shorted u51. New tda2030a is on the way. Does anyone know if its safe to play if i remove the bad 2030a ?

I had the volume at 57 for about 45 minutes. Is anyone else playing at this level or higher without problems?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

In my opinion the ACDC Premium Vault is a little nicer than the the original. The game is essentially the same, but the lower play field window is much clearer in the Vaults than the originals. All the originals I've played the window looked a little foggy. Apparently this was due to the fact they clear coated over the window. The positive with this clear coat is that it could provide a little protection from small scratches (I'm assuming) that could occur on the lower play field window...mine hasn't shown any signs of scratches, but the jury is still out. The only other differences are the metal back box, latch system, graphics around the dmd display, smaller sub in the Vault (I added an external sub), and the lower play field design....the balance is pretty much the same....

I have to agree. The new window system makes a lot more sense and looks awesome. Also, the metal backboxes are superior to the old wood ones for a few reasons. The main reason being the tilt on the DMD panel which points the DMD and the speakers more directly at the players head and also helps eliminate the glare on the playfield glass. Also, good riddance to the old hex key latches. I prefer the short bolts.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have to agree. The new window system makes a lot more sense and looks awesome. Also, the metal backboxes are superior to the old wood ones for a few reasons. The main reason being the tilt on the DMD panel which points the DMD and the speakers more directly at the players head and also helps eliminate the glare on the playfield glass. Also, good riddance to the old hex key latches. I prefer the short bolts.

yea the back box design is clever. I usually add Invisiglass to my games, which eliminates a lot of the glare, but tilting the dmd display helps significantly.

#17 6 years ago

I’m still shocked. That not one video is out there yet... I guess it doesn’t matter I’ll post a video next week when I get mine.

#18 6 years ago

I just want to know the speaker size!

#19 6 years ago

Use bent plastics from pinball life. I have them on all my games. Eliminates the dmd glare on the glass, and the led glare on the dmd. A brilliant accessory.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Use bent plastics from pinball life. I have them on all my games. Eliminates the dmd glare on the glass, and the led glare on the dmd. A brilliant accessory.

with the angled dmd and my invisiglass there's essentially no glare.....if you don't have the glass the bent plastics will help, but the angle on the dmd really helps reduce glare

#22 6 years ago

Thanks for the vid acedanger. Finally a vid of the premium. How's the quality? Looks fantastic in the vid!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Thanks for the vid acedanger. Finally a vid of the premium. How's the quality? Looks fantastic in the vid!

Absolutely stunning!! The lower play field is like glass. No issues buy with confidence. It really rocks the speaker is 8” but sounds great & the light show is amazing

#24 6 years ago

Here’s another video https://vimeo.com/241326781

#25 6 years ago

glad to know the lower plafield glass is better. that was my first question when i ask my distro. dont think she knew answer.
i got mine!!! love it!!! this was the one to put out again. new and way better price. i jumped fast on this.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Here’s another video » Vimeo video

So awesome, looks fantastic.
More video please!

#27 6 years ago

Game looks awesome! If I buy ACDC for a third time it will be one of these!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Here’s another video » Vimeo video

Looks fantastic thx for video - Can you feel the Lower PF insert screws if you run your fingers over them?

#29 6 years ago

i'm wondering if they will find another drummer and put in trans art down road.

#30 6 years ago

so is the lower playfield the same or does it play different?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Looks fantastic thx for video - Can you feel the Lower PF insert screws if you run your fingers over them?

No not at all. They’re nicely countersunk. One thing I did notice was I had to loosen a couple due to it not being100% flush. Took a minute to fine tune it.

#32 6 years ago

Another vid sorry for the lens flares. https://vimeo.com/241390505

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so is the lower playfield the same or does it play different?

I’ve played the original no difference to me other then the lpf is a hell of a lot clearer.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Another vid sorry for the lens flares. » Vimeo video

The shine on the PF and the crystal clear lower PF looks amazing thx for video

#35 6 years ago

is the „big insert“ over the lower playfield now a changeable window, similar to the one in cftbl or congo?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from retrosys:

is the „big insert“ over the lower playfield now a changeable window, similar to the one in cftbl or congo?

Yes
-Mike

#37 6 years ago

I'm assuming that if one can get the new bracket and window, one could remove the 'insert' in original run machines and replace it with the new one?

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm assuming that if one can get the new bracket and window, one could remove the 'insert' in original run machines and replace it with the new one?

No, the Vault is CNCed with a mounting lip. You would have to do some fab work.

I must have gotten lucky. My window is just as clear as the window on the VE game I played at HAAG. The VE played just as well as the original so no concerns with that. I don't really care for the look of the lower window and do have concerns with it not creating a lip (think black hole, CFTBL, etc) over time but anyone looking for an AC/DC you can't go wrong with either version.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from retrosys:

No, actually it is closer to the ones on Black Hole or Haunted House because it is flat and the screws come from above. The thing to keep in mind is that these (probably) have a foam gasket that compresses and hold the window up. Each screw needs to be carefully adjusted so the window is perfectly flush all the way around. You see a lot of Haunted Houses with playfield wear around the window. That is because over time the foam loses its strength and the window slowly recedes leaving a lip exposed that gets smashed. So basically the screw adjustment should be checked once in a while by running your finger around the window. I imagine the foam will need to be replaced every couple of decades!

#40 6 years ago

ACDC prem is still a beautiful machine but doesn't gameplay start to get old compared to the latest releases?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

ACDC prem is still a beautiful machine but doesn't gameplay start to get old compared to the latest releases?

Quite the contrary. The rules are fairly different from other games and I find it refreshing. It goes perfect with a small collection where you have some quest based/mode based games. Quick, in your face and yet rewarding. Best part is the rules are easy enough for a beginner to understand enough to be successful and yet they are also deep enough to keep highly skilled players engaged.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

IMO much better than a lot of the newer sterns. Especially the multi-balls along with firing the canon with the light show nothing to me comes close. Just my two cents...

#43 6 years ago

Has anyone painted the screws - black in the window?
Any pictures and what paint did you use?

#44 6 years ago

I'm not going to. I don't think you really need to. Don't even notice it while playing.

#45 6 years ago

I just picked up a vault prem. I had the original and missed it. Plays just perfect like the original. Don’t notice the screws anymore. Just a great pin. I love the music and the game just gets rocking. Compared to some newer recent sterns this game crushes it.

10 months later
#46 5 years ago

Now that the vault has been out a while. Are there any issues with the new pf window? What about the vault pf vs original in holding up etc? Looking at getting one but not sure on what would be the better if they are about the same price

#47 5 years ago

No issues on my game, had it since late last year.

Quoted from northvibe:

Now that the vault has been out a while. Are there any issues with the new pf window? What about the vault pf vs original in holding up etc? Looking at getting one but not sure on what would be the better if they are about the same price

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No issues on my game, had it since late last year.

You have a vault?

I had a black hole and the pf lip to the lower pf window had some wear from that transition. Which makes me leery of the vault...

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You have a vault?
I had a black hole and the pf lip to the lower pf window had some wear from that transition. Which makes me leery of the vault...

Yes. Zero issues.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes. Zero issues.

I have a Luci Vault. I simply had to make sure the lower playfield window was level. That was easy. Some of the fasteners were over-tightened from the factory, making it lower than flush in spots. I loosened them and the window raised up to where I wanted it, flush with the playfield. I didn't even have to add extra rubber spacer washers under it as some did. 1000 plays later, no issues and it plays fine. I think it's nice to have the option of removing the playfield window to get to the lower playfield for maintenance. I've done it a couple of times for cleaning, waxing, and adding a mylar strip to the path the ball constantly shoots out when it comes into play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-vault and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.