Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bigd1979
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

For those that have recent sold their ACDC Premium, are you missing it? I enjoy the game but there are others that I enjoy more and I've been hoarding for long enough. With how they are selling as of lately it's a title that I'm thinking about letting her loose. I'm guessing that with what's going on with this hobby if I sell it I won't end up having one again.

So back to the question - do you regret selling it?

#2 1 year ago

I sold mine quite a while ago. I miss some things about it. I liked the idea of the song jackpot (explaining it to others was a bear though). I liked some of the music while getting the machine going.

I don't miss the repetitiveness of songs. I don't miss that every "scoring" game started with a similar mode or strategy. I don't miss the lower playfield ( I avoided it, despite scoring opportunities).

I don't know if I'd own another ACDC, but if I did, I think I'd prefer the pro.

#3 1 year ago

Yeah it's too bad they didn't do more than others the lower-- I also avoided it. Sold in January, haven't really thought about it since, very little chance of owning again... more fun to cycle games.

#4 1 year ago

I kind of miss it, but probably not enough to buy it back. There are other pins I miss more, like Metallica, Whoa Nellie and Pirates. I'd like to buy all of those back.

Based on your comments it's probably a good time to cash out on your ACDC.

If it was one of your absolute favorites I'd advise keeping it, but it sounds like it's not.

#5 1 year ago

Honestly thought I'd miss it immediately. It was a great game but was playing it less and less to the point where I hadn't turned it on for so long I realized it was time to sell.

No regrets selling it but I haven't turned on a machine to play in over a month or two to miss it.

#6 1 year ago

I miss mine. Very few games give me that ACDC rush. I said I would never sell my beautiful Luci, but the profit was too good to refuse. In this hobby, you should take the profit while you can. Anxiously awaiting the remake in 2019.

#7 1 year ago

I don't play mine as much anymore, but know I'd regret selling it.

#8 1 year ago

ACDC was a weird one for me to sell! Sold mine 2 months ago after a months of agonizing about it with a friend who was agonizing also about selling his. I felt like if I sold it and missed it I would never get one back. That is not true though because if I have the cash and am willing to spend it for a hot game it will come my way eventually. Like if a person says they want one for $7000 with mods and will wait for one they are not serious, but if they are willing to spend $8000 they will get one. They made a lot of these. I knew it was time to sell when I revalued it when they took a bump in price. I always look at my current value of a pin if I want to buy one or sell one and for me ACDC was love it at $6000, like it at $7000 and out of my comfort zone at $8000. When ACDC got on the higher end of that spectrum it was time to think about selling.

I was kind of having the exact game on ACDC every time I played. It was a good player, but the rush was kind of going away for me? I guess ACDC just felt to serious for me after a while, like not as fun to play. AS replaced it and it has that fun factor that I am now striving for with my pins. People talk about code, scoring and strategy a lot to rate a pin, but I don't play in tourneys anymore. I just play to hang out and bond with friends, and have fun while I play them. If I ever get ACDC back oddly I would consider a Pro. Maybe because the price is more in my comfort zone for me being a strong like at $4500. Also ACDC was a top five band for me going in, but after I sold the pin if they come on on XM I switch the station. Weird?

So I would put a value on it of what it is worth to you and if the market is paying higher on a quick and easy sale I would go in the direction of selling. Good luck!

#9 1 year ago

I sold mine a few years ago...I guess I miss it a little, but I had it in my collection long enough that it was time to move on and get something else. I'd likely never buy again at the current inflated prices either.

#10 1 year ago

Not really. I miss the non-faded TZ I sold a few years back more.

#11 1 year ago

NOPE!

#12 1 year ago

Had one of the nicest modded premium luci on the planet and i dont miss it at all. Sure was pretty to look at tho......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Pasadena, MD
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
6,066 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 10.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,075 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside