(Topic ID: 34945)

AC/DC premium: problem with center drains out of the pops?

By snaroff

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 85vett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0606.jpg

#1 7 years ago

My AC/DC is apparently in a bad mood this morning and I've been getting a lot of center drains. I was playing a 2-ball MB and both balls drained down the center after the ball-save had expired. Sigh.

If the pin wasn't so brutal in general, it wouldn't bother me that much. I was told SR said to set the angle @ 7% (and it should help). Mine is set @ 7% and I'm still dealing with it.

Any other folks annoyed by this? Is Stern considering a fix? A buddy of mine put a large rubber on the center post to help deflect it (however his is on a "pro").

Curious.

#2 7 years ago

I've heard about using a bigger rubber ring too.

#3 7 years ago

Are you talking about when the ball comes out of the pop bumpers and it drains down the middle? If so I rarely have that problem, likely just need to tweak/replace that rubber on the post there, should prevent it most times.

#4 7 years ago

A bigger rubber fixes that.

IMG_0606.jpg IMG_0607.jpg

#5 7 years ago

I'm always shaking the crap out of the game to fight that center drain

#6 7 years ago

Rarely happens on mine, and I have the original rubber on that post. Make sure your game is perfectly level side to side on the upper AND lower playfield. By lower I mean by the flippers not the mini playfield.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Rarely happens on mine, and I have the original rubber on that post.

It's not a problem on mine either.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's not a problem on mine either.

Same.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Rarely happens on mine, and I have the original rubber on that post. Make sure your game is perfectly level side to side on the upper AND lower playfield. By lower I mean by the flippers not the mini playfield.

Same problem here, leveling the machine greatly reduced if not eliminated the issue for me.

#10 7 years ago

A problem until leveled same thing happened whenever i hit the bell shot straight on stem every time. Leveling fixesd this and this game is sensitive a little off and you will drain more.

#11 7 years ago

Every game has its own quirks, but it rarely happens on mine. Maybe twice in hundreds of games. It always seems to bounce off the rubber ring or one of the targets and comes out at an angle.

#12 7 years ago

Is you game level?

What kind of flooring does it sit on?

#13 7 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Looks like it was slightly off level. Played a few games and didn't get any pop drains...when it comes out of the pops, the ball now gets delivered to the right flipper (just barely

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the responses. Looks like it was slightly off level. Played a few games and didn't get any pop drains...when it comes out of the pops, the ball now gets delivered to the right flipper (just barely

On my game, it's pretty random. It usually doesn't drain SDTM, but you never know where it's going to go. It all depends what kind of bounce it takes as it's leaving the bell lane.

#15 7 years ago

Happens to me ALL the time (so I appreciate the post as it sounds like I need to level it again).
I bought a digital level for accuracy and it's much better than before, but even yesterday we were playing and I was ready to do something I'd only regret later.
So you guys place the level at the very back, and also at the flippers to ensure the whole playfield is level then huh?
(First time pin owner, and only for a month now)
It's sooo annoying when you lose a ball this way, are saved by the play again feature, only to lose the replay ball the same way. Losing like that without so much as seeing it touch a flipper makes my blood boil.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So you guys place the level at the very back, and also at the flippers to ensure the whole playfield is level then huh?

Yep. That's how I do it.

#17 7 years ago

Since you stated your a first time owner I'll add one thing. Level it on the playfield. A lot of first timers use the glass for their level spots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside