(Topic ID: 44446)

AC/DC premium: problem with BLUE LED under the right sling popping out

By snaroff

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi, don't know if anyone else is seeing this problem. Have owned many pins and I've never seen a bulb pop out so often.

Any tricks to fix this? Is is a problem with the lights Stern used or the sockets?

Curious,

snaroff

#2 11 years ago

The socket and bulb are in spec but the tolerance was not correct. I did the unthinkable put a dab of super glue on it and solved it thats what others have done, not sure what it will equal in the future if I ever need to remove it. Others have used less permeant adhesive, only had it on one bulb and it was a PIA so went with what other had done.

#3 11 years ago

Try putting a strip of elec tape around the base of the bulb. Can also try and pop off the dome if the ring is hitting it. If I had to use glue, I would use a hot glue gun as it is easier to remove the residue.

#4 11 years ago

I had the same problem, as did many others. I've never had a pin pop lights like this.

Hot glue. There you go. Just a dab directly on the 555 -- it's nonpermanent, not messy, and it works.

#5 11 years ago

I put a small strip of electrical tape in the base of the bulb, between the wire contacts. It creates the additional pressure and friction needed to keep the bulb in place, but does not make it too hard to remove. They have been solidly in place since.

#7 11 years ago

With the machine off, I have taken a small nail and bent the prongs of the connector to be tighter and that seemed to solve the problem. If that is not enough then also bend back the prongs on the LED and wrap a small piece of electrical tape onto the base and then push the prongs back down.

#8 11 years ago

If the LED's are falling out, that only means the volume is just right

#9 11 years ago

They are always faling out of my x men i have thought of using super glue but if the led goes then how do you get it out of the bulb holder i used blue tac that seems to work i am sure you would be able to get it in the states

#10 11 years ago

that's normal on stern LE's and premiums...that's some extra you got for your money, popping led's

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-problem-with-blue-led-under-the-right-sling-popping-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.