New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 197649)

AC/DC Premium (Original) Price Check

By VirtualMayhem

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by VirtualMayhem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

I am the 2nd owner of a HUO only AC/DC premium and I am considering putting it up for sale to change up my lineup. It looks like the new Vault premiums are around $7K new. I have a few small mods on my AC/DC (mirror blades, lightning bolts, railroad tracks) which I realize are really not really worth much of a consideration from a resale standpoint. Does $6K sound about right for a AC/DC premium?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

#2 3 years ago

That sounds super reasonable. I think you'd sell it almost instantly at that price.

My vault premium was a bit under 7k shipped... honestly, for a 6k price with your upgrades (which I'm also adding to mine minus the train tracks) I'd much rather have yours!

I don't really have a whole lot of faith in Stern's new manufacturing process, fingers crossed they build the vault the same way as the original!

#3 3 years ago

Yep

#4 3 years ago

Probably get a little more than 6k ..... id say 6250-6500 ..

#5 3 years ago

Really.... I know someone who just picked one up for a little over 5k

#6 3 years ago

$6250-$6500 is right.

#7 3 years ago

The price of an original is contingent on the artwork of the VE and QC issues.

#8 3 years ago

I think at 6500 people will wait to see the VE.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think at 6500 people will wait to see the VE.

I agree, unless the unit has color dmd or invisiglass....those are worth paying for

#10 3 years ago

Don't think the vault will have same build. To me anyways, original, as long as it is HUO and low plays should be worth more. Peoples opinions will vary of course...

#11 3 years ago

So the build quality means a lot so folks would rather have an original, but they will wait to see what the VE looks like to see if there is a reskin of it. If they like the reskin they will sacrifice build quality for better art and buy a new one instead. In the mean time HUO ones can't be priced until the VE is revealed so this game can't be sold until then. Got it.

Or just price it at $6500 and work out a deal to someone who trusts older builds from Stern and call it good.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Really.... I know someone who just picked one up for a little over 5k

A premium or pro?

#13 3 years ago

List it for 6K and I might buy another one.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

List it for 6K and I might buy another one.

Me 2 lol

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A premium or pro?

Believe it or not a Prem

#16 3 years ago

Thanks Everyone, I appreciate the advice! I'll look at around $6500-$6250 and see where it goes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ceresco, MI
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
College Park, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside