(Topic ID: 39891)

AC/DC Premium - Ordered - Can't Wait!!!!

By mmuglia

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Speed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Well, I decided to pull the trigger on an AC/DC Premium today. This will be my second NIB pinball machine, my first was IM. I made a few calls to distributors and decided to buy this one from Trent. The transaction has been perfect so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that Stern can deliver a top quality product without any defects.

Now I just have to decide which mods I'll do. Let the fun begin!!

#2 11 years ago

Congrats! You'll have to get some pictures up when it arrives. Haven't gotten that one yet but it's a favorite of mine from the limited plays I've had. Will likely be grabbing this or Avengers Premium by the Summer.

#3 11 years ago

Hemi Canon Mod
Cliffy lane protectors

some have suggested mylar in front of the drop targets? any one who has done this please
chime in.

PS I am also in for a Premium on for March delivery

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Now I just have to decide which mods I'll do. Let the fun begin!!

Mirror blades look awesome on this game!!

#5 11 years ago

Shaker motor of course. Laseriffic Guitar topper if still available. I also like his Guitar and bass drum mods as well.
The Hemi cannon mod mentioned above is a must as well.

Edit... How could I have forgotten the most important mod. The little cannon from China to replace the crappy Stern plastic. If you have not seen it yet, search for the thread.

#6 11 years ago

Sweeeeet! Better free up some time on your schedule ; )

#7 11 years ago

Honestly, just about every complaint (minus the cloudy lower window) has been petty BS. Maybe the motor issue on the cannon, but they were sending those out at will pretty much. I believe those issues have been resolved, so you should be fine.

Out of the box, plan on adjusting switches, tweaking this or that etc. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Quoted from mmuglia:

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that Stern can deliver a top quality product without any defects.

#8 11 years ago

Congrats! You will love it.

#9 11 years ago

What was your first nib as you've had a lot of sterns in your past

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Edit... How could I have forgotten the most important mod. The little cannon from China to replace the crappy Stern plastic. If you have not seen it yet, search for the thread.

Can you post a link or a pic of this mod please?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you post a link or a pic of this mod please?

Here you go

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-mod-1

#12 11 years ago

Thanks Bluevegas I just ordered a Canon... What a cool idea! (free shipping is nice too)

#13 11 years ago

Yea the E-Bay guy ran out of cannons fast.
The link to Pandawill in China for $7.49 is still working good.
http://www.pandawill.com/120-scale-military-artillery-with-cannonball-toy-p55378.html

#14 11 years ago

Congrats with your Premium... I am so jealous !!

#15 11 years ago

grats, i'm getting mine tomorrow or friday, guess what i'm gonna do this weekend

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Congrats with your Premium... I am so jealous !!

+1

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

What was your first nib as you've had a lot of sterns in your past

My first NIB was IM. I really liked IM, so much that I bought it back from the guy I sold it to. It was really weird though, I didn't enjoy it as much when I bought it back.

#18 11 years ago

How are people receiving these this week. I thought the next run was late Feb to early March???

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I really like the look of this cannon; however, I would have to modify this mod if I decided to install it. First, before installing this cannon I would have to come up with a way to cover the coil. I don't like seeing the coil with this mod installed. Second, I would come up with a way to install a super bright LED in the tip of the cannon that was energized when the coil fires. This would be fairly simple, but both of these thing would need to be done to make this mod over the top.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

How are people receiving these this week. I thought the next run was late Feb to early March???

When did you order? I believe these are people who ordered back in December. I could be wrong though.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Mrw04c:

When did you order? I believe these are people who ordered back in December. I could be wrong though.

I ordered mine this morning. I'm not a very patient person, so this is going to be a loooooong couple of weeks for me.

#22 11 years ago

I was able to squeeze in a game before leaving for work this morning. It was awesome.
Can't wait to get home tonight as I have a friend coming over to play for awhile.
This game is getting better and better for me. With the latest upgrade, it's much easier to see what you should be aiming for during multiball etc to really pump up the jackpots.
Be sure to set this up at exactly 6.5 degree incline, and perfectly balanced side to side both front and back. (You probably do this already but this was my first pin and I had no idea how drastically a minor detail could make the game utterly frustrating if it's not done perfectly)
Enjoy!!!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I really like the look of this cannon; however, I would have to modify this mod if I decided to install it. First, before installing this cannon I would have to come up with a way to cover the coil. I don't like seeing the coil with this mod installed. Second, I would come up with a way to install a super bright LED in the tip of the cannon that was energized when the coil fires. This would be fairly simple, but both of these thing would need to be done to make this mod over the top.

That is all being worked on if you read the thread.
However at this price I just purchased two of them. One to go on now, and another incase the light mod requires anything different to be done.
As far as covering up the back of the coil, I'm sure I can easily find something to do that with.
Probably as easily as a small piece of black poster board cleverly cut and folded to mask off the metal side of the cannon and covering the coil at the same time.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is all being worked on if you read the thread.However at this price I just purchased two of them. One to go on now, and another incase the light mod requires anything different to be done.As far as covering up the back of the coil, I'm sure I can easily find something to do that with.Probably as easily as a small piece of black poster board cleverly cut and folded to mask off the metal side of the cannon and covering the coil at the same time.

I'm sure somebody is working on this already, but I enjoy working on these kinds of projects myself. Some people enjoy buying a pre-made mod and just installing it, I enjoying coming up with the mod on my own, especially when it comes to lighting.

#25 11 years ago

I want to order the speaker LEDs from pinballtoppers.com, but they've been on backorder for a while. Anybody heard when they will be available again?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I'm sure somebody is working on this already, but I enjoy working on these kinds of projects myself. Some people enjoy buying a pre-made mod and just installing it, I enjoying coming up with the mod on my own, especially when it comes to lighting.

Awesome. If you get done before Hemi, Please post some photos.
Can't wait for my cannons to arrive.

#27 11 years ago

Great Choice mmuglia... Best and most entertaining pinball machine I have ever played. Crank it up and add friends for a great time - anytime!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-ordered-cant-wait and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.