• Latest reply 11 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tecmo.jpg
195.jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from j69:

I'm assuming the majority of people in here haven't seen WOZ yet. If they had it would be no contest. WOZ makes Ac/Dc look like a zizzle

The now almost mythical WoZ build quality didn't exist for me - The cab was chipped at the bottom (edges not bevelled plus clear coat= chips) the lockdown bar was loose and felt quite flimsy and the worst thing was that the machine rocked on its legs - the weight of the machine had it rooted to the floor but the quality of the legs wasn't good enough and the machine would sway. These points have all been raised with Jack so I'm sure he will address them prior to production.

So as for comparing WoZ to making ACDC look like zizzle, well Stern are their own worst enemy when it comes to build quality but the games are the same sort of size and whilst WoZ looks nice, AC/DC has a soul plus it absolutely ROCKS

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I continue to be amazed by how many people want to talk themselves out of AC/DC after overwhelming reviews, and positive responses in this thread.
AC/DC is an instant classic. WOZ maybe great too, but if it comes down to a choice between the two, AC/DC every day.

ACDC is good very good, why cant they both be great but for now ACDC should be purchased and try to get WOZ when finished.
I am also surprised how many people hate the pro version that have never played it either, I have played them all and all three are great!
The Pro seems like a different pin than the BIBLE version I have, nothing like the Tron which is close. I am not saying its bad but good as each has strong points not bad. I miss the sound when hitting the bell with the ball on the LE after updating code, where is it now, will it be back, it is just on my machine? I think this is another reason I am enjoying the Pro better.

#104 11 years ago

This thread is so overwhelmingly in favor of ACDC premium, I almost feel bad about adding my support to the ACDC decision. WoZ is beautiful and a great collector piece, but there is no amount of software that is going to make that playfield and theme more fun than the rockin' Ritchie/Sheats masterpiece.

#105 11 years ago

Seriously, no amount of bling and color changing LED's will replace the feeling you get hitting the bell from a cannon shot during multiball and the volume turned up to ELEVEN!

#106 11 years ago

All I can say is, I can't wait to play AC/DC.

#107 11 years ago

WOZ is a better alternative if wives, children , and grandchildren are primary players. Superior quality as well. Currently have a modest collection but not much interest in ACDC after playing it. Had fun playing in someone else's collection. Not worth the money for me. Only a fan of 2 of their songs.

#108 11 years ago

AC/DC. I guess I'm not a ruby slippers on my flippers kinda guy.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I miss the sound when hitting the bell with the ball on the LE after updating code, where is it now, will it be back, it is just on my machine? I think this is another reason I am enjoying the Pro better.

Your bell is broken, dude. The bell ~~GONGS~~~ when hit on the LE/Premium. I'm guessing there's something up with your bell opto.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

s a better alternative if wives, children , and grandchildren are primary players. Superior quality as well. Currently have a modest collection but not much interest in ACDC after playing it. Had fun playing in someone else's collection. Not worth the money for me. Only a fan of 2 of their songs.

Simple as that!......I'm waiting to play AC/DC and its got a lot of love so I can't compare.....nor have I played Woz...Woz may not be the best or play better, who knows yet, but the superior quality to Stern is not in question...

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but the superior quality to Stern is not in question...

Glad you put a little smiley after that, since we really don't know if that will be true yet.

#112 11 years ago

Superior quality is not in question...game play is...no smiley......

#113 11 years ago

I've played AC/DC and I'm very impressed - although I usually don't like music themed pins. AC/DC is a remarkable exception. Looking forward to playing WOZ at the Texas Pinball Festival in March, as I have a WOZ ECLE on order (late in the run).

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I've played AC/DC and I'm very impressed

Can't wait to play it!.....and I'm an AC/DC music fan so a premium might be in the cards for me..

#115 11 years ago

The only negative I have to say about it is the face on the pro.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This thread is so overwhelmingly in favor of ACDC premium, I almost feel bad about adding my support to the ACDC decision. WoZ is beautiful and a great collector piece, but there is no amount of software that is going to make that playfield and theme more fun than the rockin' Ritchie/Sheats masterpiece.

You are saying the majority are choosing AC/DC, I agree. You then say it is because you think WOZ looks good but will not be as much fun as AC/DC, that part I disagree with. I said get AC/DC because you can have it now and then try WOZ when it comes out. I did not choose AC/DC because I think it will be more fun. Only time will tell on that one but my choice was because one can be had now and several seemed to have the same thought.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I said get AC/DC because you can have it now and then try WOZ when it comes out.

My thought exactly. You might end up with both eventually.

#118 11 years ago

Get AC/DC,& save up for Metallica. Then search for a nice Guns N Roses to complete the trilogy! I may sell all my others after this lineup!

#119 11 years ago

Update: I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on ACDC but in the end I've decided to wait till WOZ comes out and decide then. 7k is a lot of money.. might as well play both and then decide. In the mean time I picked up one of my favorite arcade games from my youth... Tecmo Bowl. 4 player football at it's greatest.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Update: I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on ACDC but in the end I've decided to wait till WOZ comes out and decide then. 7k is a lot of money.. might as well play both and then decide. In the mean time I picked up one of my favorite arcade games from my youth... Tecmo Bowl. 4 player football at it's greatest.

Wasn't that one of those huge 2-monitor cabinets!?

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

SMART move...play em both and see which one you like better......the problem is that you'll want both! That's how this insanity works....

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

SMART move...play em both and see which one you like better......the problem is that you'll want both! That's how this insanity works....

Ain't that the truth.

#123 11 years ago

Wasn't that one of those huge 2-monitor cabinets!?

It is, it was a biyach getting it in the basement. Luckily I have a walk out basement and we had to take the entire sliding glass door down to get her in.

tecmo.jpgtecmo.jpg

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

It is, it was a biyach getting it in the basement. Luckily I have a walk out basement and we had to take the entire sliding glass door down to get her in.

Haha..wow...I used to love those 2-monitor games like X-Men and Ninja Warriors...but the concept of using 2-monitors to create a widescreen image is soooo dated now lol. ...but I don't think there was ever a home version of the Arcade edition of Tecmo Bowl. The NES one was totally different.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-or-woz-standard/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.