• Latest reply 11 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tecmo.jpg
195.jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

WOZ might get my family involved more, but not sure I can count on that.

my wife never played pinball when i had an Addams family (less than 5 games ever played). Now we have ac/dc and she has played about 50 games in the month we have had it

#52 11 years ago

I have an AC/DC Premium and love the game.Great music and great gameplay.I have never had the chance to see the WOZ other than videos on the JJP site, but have spoken to a person who has played one in a Dealer's showroom recently.They said nice game but didn't get that feeling of wanting to keep playing multiple games over and over .That could be just an unfished software issue, but who can really know until the game actually is delivered to the people who paid 2 years ago.
I would still consider buying the standard if they ever get released as a finished product.

#53 11 years ago

If you need to buy out of state Trent at Tilt pinball has good pricing, and could not ask for more in customer service. Any questions or problems were handled promptly and effectively.

#54 11 years ago

Another ACDC vote.

Played WOZ and will agree it looks beautiful, especially the new lighting. For me playing it was slightly underwhelming as I don't like the mini p/f's but of course the code is so early, it is not fair to judge.

ACDC is great fun. May get one. Some annoying things as cannon blocks right outlane, the cannon looks cheap and QC not great.

But, turn the music up and fun factor is high, drops feel great to hit as does the bell.

Neither will appreciate in value as both will be made until demand slows down.

#55 11 years ago

I'm assuming the majority of people in here haven't seen WOZ yet. If they had it would be no contest. WOZ makes Ac/Dc look like a zizzle

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from j69:

I'm assuming the majority of people in here haven't seen WOZ yet. If they had it would be no contest. WOZ makes Ac/Dc look like a zizzle

And there lies the rub.

True.

But ACDC more fun to play.

Frustrating as we need a fusion of the two

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from j69:

BULLSHIT !

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from j69:

A Zizzle? Really?

Holy exaggeration, Batman!

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

BULLSHIT !</blockquote

I was wondering how long it would take to see Jim's response! (and he's right btw, AC/DC is da bomb).

#60 11 years ago

WOZ is clearly a more striking machine and it appears the attention to detail will greatly suprass any Stern offering. However, the AC/DC Pro I have been playing seems to be built pretty well in its own right. It is also brutally quick which some may prefer.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Because you're afraid of large dolls?

That's as good of an explanation as I've heard yet!

#62 11 years ago

In an ideal world ACDC would have the JJP build but it ain't an ideal world and I will always pick the game that is the most fun to play.

ACDC is total fun. My biggest problem is that Premium looks way better than Pro but I really enjoyed the Pro, maybe more so than the Premium but I can't decide.

WOZ was quicker than I thought it would be, which was good but if you take away the lights, the build etc and just focus on the gameplay, I was disappointed but the game is nowhere near finished.

#63 11 years ago

ACDC is a sure bet for fun & its a game you can play now where WOZ is so so very not.

But if it were my cash I'd say just wait for Steve Ritchie's newest pin rumored to be Star Trek! He designed ACDC & it's success likely allowed him a lot of free creativity, time & motivation to top it!

Based on historical JJP data I think details & heck even the game Star Trek will be out long before WOZ.

#64 11 years ago

Hmmm....

Do you like women's footwear, munchkins and fairies, or do you like kick-ass rock-n-roll?

next question.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

ACDC is a sure bet for fun & its a game you can play now where WOZ is so so very not.
But if it were my cash I'd say just wait for Steve Ritchie's newest pin rumored to be Star Trek! He designed ACDC & it's success likely allowed him a lot of free creativity, time & motivation to top it!
Based on historical JJP data I think details & heck even the game Star Trek will be out long before WOZ.

Good point.

With Ricthie design, Lyman code, ST LE could be one to have. We will see.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

If you need to buy out of state Trent at Tilt pinball has good pricing, and could not ask for more in customer service. Any questions or problems were handled promptly and effectively.

+1 for Trent

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

A Zizzle? Really?
Holy exaggeration, Batman!

Seriously....if anyone EVER compares Stern to Zizzle, they've never seen a Zizzle in person. They're flimsy, cardboard, tiny, have terrible strange flippers. There's a reason they were $300.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Seriously....if anyone EVER compares Stern to Zizzle, they've never seen a Zizzle in person. They're flimsy, cardboard, tiny, have terrible strange flippers. There's a reason they were $300.

And in my opinion, overpriced by about $240.

(Sorry, Zizzle lovers...if you even actually exist.)

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

And in my opinion, overpriced by about $240.

(Sorry, Zizzle lovers...if you even actually exist.)

I agree. I see them pop up on CL every now and again for $100, and even that seems like too much LOL

#70 11 years ago

Not sure how it could read any different at this point. I have LTBR, killer game. I also have WOZ on order. I expect it to be even better, but nobody knows until it gets here. Furthermore, I expect them to offer an entirely different gameplay experience and work well in the same collection. ACDC won't be any less fun when my WOZ arrives. I'm lucky to have both (or hope to soon).

#71 11 years ago

I'd take most games over ACDC. Even spending the monies on a NIB Star Trek 13.

#72 11 years ago

"Follow the Yellow Brick Road" or "You shook Me All Night Long".
Not much of a contest in my opinion.
Does WOZ come with a free pair of panties?

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

ACDC should - so you can throw them at the band!

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm pretty secure with my manhood, so I don't mind the theme one bit . I cant wait to add both games to my lineup

#75 11 years ago

You can either buy a game with actually no delivery date or time line or pick up a game that has REAL welcome to the pin community and is fun to play. You figure it out, it's only $7k.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Good point.
With Ricthie design, Lyman code, ST LE could be one to have. We will see.

I predict it to be a mixture of ACDC & Spiderman but with nifty new stuff & a Star Trek theme.

Of course my prediction is worthless as its based on what I want

#77 11 years ago

You can always get a WOZ later.....JJP is going to have 18 months to keep building them until Hobbit comes out and they are not going to limit production. And they will not have much else to do on the assembly line during that time. Get the AC/DC premium now while you can. Trent can still get you on the preorder list since there has been a slight delay in starting the run of them.

I am a buyer of both and have played WOZ. They are totally different games for sure as has been said. I'm getting rid of LOTR to make space for AC/DC simply because LOTR games get kind of long and my knees get sore from standing that long. AC/DC games tend to end much sooner. Also as mentioned that AC/DC music kinda gets you into the game too.

Maybe we can rename it "the devil's game". I never even gave a thought to some people feeling that strongly about it!

#78 11 years ago

Get an ACDC premium.

You can get a low play WOZ LE next Christmas when one of the 1000 owners is selling it for the next "it" pin, assuming WOZ is out by then.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Get the premium...play it and then sell for a standard WOZ in late summer. That is about when you would get WOZ anyways if you order now.

Sounds like a plan. Or buy AC/DC and keep it, and start saving money for WOZ in the meantime...

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ACDC should - so you can throw them at the band!

Maybe that will happen in the Encore mode.

#81 11 years ago

I vote AC/DC Premium.

I have had the chance to play both on the same day. My wife and I played WOZ LE and a AC/DC BIBLE. My wife is a non-pinhead and a huge WOZ fan. She played WOZ a couple times and lost interest very quick. I felt the same. The game is beautiful but not enough to sell it to me. Then we both played AC/DC. Fortunantly I had the opportunity to play AC/DC prior to this meeting and loved it. She starts playing it and haha I can't get her off it. She loved it! Even though she is not a real fan of the group, she was completely drawn into this pin. Also just to mention there were around 20+ pins including TRON, SM, POTC, GNR, etc.. in the same room and she stayed with AC/DC.

Needless to say now I have a AC/DC Premium being delivered within the next few weeks. Sorry LOTR you are going to have to find a new home.

#82 11 years ago

AC/DC= BEST GAME EVER.

#83 11 years ago

Time is of the essence life is short,so buy both! Take the $, buy an AC/DC right now and then play it for a couple of moons, and then convert that money into a WOZ. That way you get the best of both worlds.

#84 11 years ago

Again, I've played both. How many others on here can say that?

Facey DC has good music, yes. Save yourself $6000 and buy the CD

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Me. Look three above your last post.

Quoted from j69:

Or people could just say, buy the dvd and save over $7000. The WOZ pin will never reach what the movie is.

The best solution is what many have said before. Buy an AC/DC now and play it like you stole it. When WOZ is finally available, make the decision to either keep AC/DC or sell it and buy a WOZ. Or better yet get both!!!

#86 11 years ago

I have played both - ordered both. Nothing wrong with AC/DC being a killer pin it is.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from j69:

If you read people's posts you'd see many have played both. And if you've played both why not give a real comparison like others have? "Zizzle" and "Facey DC" aren't exactly compelling arguments.

#88 11 years ago

I agree if you have the money buy an AC/DC now and play WOZ when they get complete code. Decide at that point.

I do have to say that nobody has actually played WOZ since it is not complete. I think tested or play tested or any other word would be better. I understand most know that but it gives the wrong idea that you can actually make a fair judgement about WOZ at this point. Before AC/DC code was updated, was nothing compared to what it is now by accounts from owners.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Before AC/DC code was updated, was nothing compared to what it is now by accounts from owners.

I actually disagree with that.

AC/DC code was very good right out of the gate (there were a few rules that could be exploited). It just got even better with the great updates.

#90 11 years ago

AC/DC got some great early reviews,even with very early code .. The only Hate AC/DC got, was before anyone had a chance to play it ! The rest is history and most likely won't be repeated anytime soon !

Jim

#91 11 years ago

well, i played acdc. I liked it enough to order one NIB. My first ever.

I have seen WOZ, but did not play. It seemed very cool looking. But it does seem that there will be no problem getting a WOZ as pimped out as you want when they are rolling off production line. I will probably have to play it first to see of I want one.

#92 11 years ago

Ahhhh....the usual stupidity thread.......let's compare when both are out....or not.....stupid....get em both.....or not

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I actually disagree with that.
AC/DC code was very good right out of the gate (there were a few rules that could be exploited). It just got even better with the great updates.

I did not say the first release was bad, you said the same thing I did in a different way. I said the first code was nothing compared to post release. What I was trying to say there was that it went from good to great, or that the update really made a large improvement. Current code is great. How else can I say it? Show me where I had any hate for AC/DC. "Good Luck"

I even suggested above that he get AC/DC now and try WOZ after it comes out.

#94 11 years ago

Apparently Pinballz is getting AC/DC and putting it in after the Texas pinball festival....I can't wait to play it....but then I'll want to buy it

#95 11 years ago

This is like asking yourself if you want to order the diablo buffalo wings,or a salad. No comparing these 2 games! Only way to decide is which one fits you best. I have BIB for me,& WOZ coming for the rest of the family.

#96 11 years ago

-comment removed-

Post edited by robin : Your post is way out of line and not something I want to see on the Pinside. There are different ways to state that you dislike a game's theme.

#97 11 years ago

AC/DC prem. Rocks! I bought one 2 months ago. I also ordered WOZLE 2 years ago. I've played both.

What do you like better?...the yellow Ferrari or red Lamborghini?

I would buy AC/DC today... play it for many months, then decide to sell or keep it, after WOZ is out and comments in.

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

-comment removed-
Post edited by robin : Your post is way out of line and not something I want to see on the Pinside. There are different ways to state that you dislike a game's theme.

Oops sorry R. I Was just trying to be humerous but understand it came out wrong on paper so to speak and was unwarranted, rude, and not funny. My apologies

#99 11 years ago

I would say that 'regular' woz is a full feature game from the looks of it, every bit as feature rich and solid as the 'Super pins' of the 90s such as STTNG, IJ, and so forth.

Sure most can see this, but just because its regular edition not a LE it will still be a beast and mostly solid good looking parts. Not a lot of exposed wires like Stern pins. Of course the theme is not for everyone. But for me it looks like it will be a very nice pin.

I have not yet played AcDc but music pins are not my thing. Although most people really seem to love it.

#100 11 years ago

I continue to be amazed by how many people want to talk themselves out of AC/DC after overwhelming reviews, and positive responses in this thread.

AC/DC is an instant classic. WOZ maybe great too, but if it comes down to a choice between the two, AC/DC every day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-or-woz-standard/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.