• Latest reply 11 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tecmo.jpg
195.jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I'm having trouble deciding between the two. If WOZ wouldn't have upped their price on the standard I probably would have gone that route but it's hard for me to justify 7,000 on a standard when the LE's were 6,500. You'd think those numbers would be switched.

ACDC Premium has a great theme and is already getting really good reviews. I love the music and it's cheaper.

WOZ might get my family involved more, but not sure I can count on that. ACDC would be a great addition for me and my friends.

Will ACDC be too similar to T2?

Which will hold it's value more WOZ or ACDC?

#2 11 years ago

Go with AC/DC. I have played WOZ and not enough has been proven to say its the better pick. Nothing has drawn me in like AC/DC. They hit a home run. I say forget the family, as its not likely to change them to make them huge pinheads. The games are close in a way, but the music make AC/DC something special... FIRE THE CANNON!!!

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I'm having trouble deciding between the two. If WOZ wouldn't have upped their price on the standard I probably would have gone that route but it's hard for me to justify 7,000 on a standard when the LE's were 6,500. You'd think those numbers would be switched.
ACDC Premium has a great theme and is already getting really good reviews. I love the music and it's cheaper.
WOZ might get my family involved more, but not sure I can count on that. ACDC would be a great addition for me and my friends.
Will ACDC be too similar to T2?
Which will hold it's value more WOZ or ACDC?

Get the premium...play it and then sell for a standard WOZ in late summer. That is about when you would get WOZ anyways if you order now.

#4 11 years ago

ACDC for music and fast paced action.

#5 11 years ago

I would get AC/DC mainly because you can actually get it now. If you've got the money, I'd rather have the machine in my hands than wait for who knows when.

You also seem to be a fan of the music, which makes this a must-buy. I absolutely love the game but just not a big fan of AC/DC so I didn't pick it up. And you mention family and friends, and I have to say this game is a great party machine. My friend has this and when he has people over Sundays for the games, this is the machine that everyone wants to play.

#6 11 years ago

AC/DC is proven fun and one of the best games built ever , buy a premium .

#7 11 years ago

I would go for AC/DC on theme alone.....plus it's proven itself as a top rated pin.

#8 11 years ago

wow no votes for WOZ yet.

I've got a quote from JJ, but since I live in Colorado I'll have to pay sales tax. Who it this Trent guy? Can someone send me a link to his profile so I can get a quote from him?

#10 11 years ago

The smart answer here is to wait until you can play both, then make a personal choice, no one can tell you which one you will enjoy more.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Get the premium...play it and then sell for a standard WOZ in late summer. That is about when you would get WOZ anyways if you order now.

This is a good idea. If you love AC/DC you could just keep it.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This, but you'll likely keep AC/DC once you get into it.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

wow no votes for WOZ yet.

To be fair nobody's played a finished WOZ yet so it's hard to pass judgement on it. AC/DC's been out for a year and most seem to really like it. Buying AC/DC was a no brainer for me. It's a great pin. And even better if you love the music like you say.

#14 11 years ago

AC/DC is a certified classic.

#15 11 years ago

even AC/DC pro would be a better gameplay choice IMO

#16 11 years ago

both of coarse

#17 11 years ago

Guess I'm the one that breaks the streak, with a disclaimer, I have a WOZ on wait and didn't even consider AC/DC. But wouldn't consider either if I didn't get a WOZ emerald city.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

AC/DC is great already, and WOZ looks like it has more than enough potential to be great as well. Time will tell.

And lets be fair about the pricing, $6500 for the LE was a gamble for all that put down at that price, and it certainly looks like it's going to pay off for all those who did.

#19 11 years ago

The other thing is that if WOZ gets released and blows you away, you could always sell your AC/DC for close to what you paid for it (assuming you take care of it) and buy a WOZ.

Also, look to buy out of state if you can to avoid the sales tax

#20 11 years ago

Get the AC/DC. I wanted AC/DC, and my wife wanted WOZ. So we compromised and bought a WOZ.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from BeefStewert:

Get the AC/DC. I wanted AC/DC, and my wife wanted WOZ. So we compromised and bought a WOZ.

LOL! Fantastic.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from BeefStewert:

Where's the "whipped" icon lol

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from BeefStewert:

Way to keep the peace!

#24 11 years ago

This is no brainer.............AC/DC may go down as one of the greatest pin ever, WOZ will go down as the prettiest pin ever. Get yourself a Premium and save a lot over a WOZ.

#25 11 years ago

AC/DC Premium for me.

I'm definitely gonna get one as soon as I can.

#26 11 years ago

Trying to get both here. Oz has been paid for for over a year, and I just sold a game to buy AC/DC Premium.

#27 11 years ago

ac/dc premium pho me!

#28 11 years ago

ACDC Premium.

Such a fun game. Fast, Great Flow. Makes you keep coming back for more.

I personally didn't care at all for the feel of WOZ. (I know the rules don't exist at this point) But I just felt that it was slow. Did not care for the upper-playfields.

ACDC Premium is a winner.

#29 11 years ago

Why choose? Play AC/DC for a year or so and then trade for WOZ.

#30 11 years ago

this is a bummer man (I mean about the WoZ price increase) I was able to get a standard WoZ with shaker and invisiglass plus free delivery for less than $7K. But then it's also that was an early special so I have had my money tied up for 5-6 months and likely probably a year total wait time. At this point, I can see the merit of getting a AcDc now and waiting a year and get a chance to play the WoZ because you are not getting any special deal for ordering a regular now.

IMO and this is just my opinion. I love the theme of WoZ, maybe I'm in the minority or whatever. But to me, WoZ is one of the most classic (best) movies of all time. To me, it's like the best theme for a pin (second only to Star Wars) of all time. Probably fits in with a pin theme better than Star Wars. But not sure if you are as into WoZ as I am. But to me, the color and music and everything looks/sounds good on WoZ.

I have not played WoZ yet so gameplay is a concern. But for me, one thing I am thinking is what a casual pinball player would like. PotC is a big hit with casual players and guests or kids really like it. I have to think WoZ will be great for this type of player.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

AC/DC Premium for me.
I'm definitely gonna get one as soon as I can.

Me To! Probably somewhere around 2018.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But for me, one thing I am thinking is what a casual pinball player would like.

Have you seen how well ACDC (Premium) goes over with people that have never played pinball (let alone veteran pin players)? I'd give it a 5-1 shot that ACDC is a more inviting, and overall fun, game than WOZ(LE) after it's all said and done - pretty or not compared to WOZ, ACDC is an f'ing modern classic.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

AC/DC is proven fun and one of the best games built ever , buy a premium .

Word.

#34 11 years ago

Don't know if the music of woz will get you "going" like classic rock music of ac/dc. ACDC Proven pin. Woz? Time will tell.

Play both when you can. Always buy what YOU like.

#35 11 years ago

I like ACDC very good, best new pin in many years so far, but some locations will not even give me a minute to show them the flyer, they say stuff like I do not want that Devil machine in here at all. I now have to ask at parties if they want it on to play and most say no as I wanted as many people as possible to see Hemi's Pro conversion

195.jpg195.jpg

#36 11 years ago

Buy Rob's HUO LOTR instead.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

they say stuff like I do not want that Devil machine in here at all.

Just tell them that the "temptation into the deb'il pin is worth a holy amount of quarters in their pocket"

#38 11 years ago

ACDC kickin WOZ's oz.

I got a great quote from JJ, but don't want to pay sales tax. Who else can I get a quote from who will compete with JJ's price?

Thanks.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Where's the "whipped" icon lol

He's got it figured out, like all of us with wives and pinballs at home... Non of my friends that live close have it that good, what are they asking for hobbit LE and pro?

#40 11 years ago

You rock!

But even I can't recommend my own LOTR over AC/DC!

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

ACDC kickin WOZ's oz.
I got a great quote from JJ, but don't want to pay sales tax. Who else can I get a quote from who will compete with JJ's price?
Thanks.

You can try:
http://www.tiltamusements.com/
[email protected]

#43 11 years ago

cwell, you'll have to update us with some pictures of the new machine after you've set it up.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I probably would have gone that route but it's hard for me to justify 7,000 on a standard when the LE's were 6,500.

6,500.00 was for early buy in. I paid 7500,00 for my LE

#45 11 years ago

Thanks. I'll give them a try. Hope they match JJ.

Quoted from sturner:

cwell, you'll have to update us with some pictures of the new machine after you've set it up.

Will do. It'll look nice next to my T2. Kind of cool my first two pinball machines will be Steve Ritchie classics.

#46 11 years ago

AC/DC all day long.

It might have made sense to pre-order WOZ at one point - but the game is almost out - just wait at this point. If you really want one, you'll start seeing HUO ones for sale. Because so many are being made & Jack wants to keep making the regular edition for as long as he can, sellers won't be able to jack up the prices on used ones.

AC/DC exists NOW and rocks NOW. Get it...enjoy NOW!!!

I own AC/DC Prem and have played a proto WOZ. I know it's not quite fair to judge WOZ yet because the software isn't done....but for me, there wasn't one satisfying shot. The toys were stale and not really that interactive in any kind of fun way. AC/DC isn't a technological mindblower, but the shots are FUN, hitting the bell w/ the flippers or cannon FEELS GOOD, all the drops feel good...the target behind the TNT drops is a tight satisfying shot. I'll take the thunder "BLAAAM!" from hitting the blue targets vs. the 'ding ding ding' from the WOZ targets any day. I'll take the energetic AC/DC music over the light and fluffy WOZ music any day.

#47 11 years ago

Awww man,
Am I too late to vote for WOZ?

#48 11 years ago

Well this is silly. WOZ has no definitely release date, and ACDC has been out for a year, re-ran, currently being re-run again, and will almost certainly see future production down the road, like all Stern hits. The answer of any solid existing game vs a TBD game is a pretty easy purchase decision.

ACDC is almost identical to T2 from a shot and layout perspective, esp the pro, but they really don't feel too similar when you play, and the rulesets are nothing alike. So no, they won't be too similar.

Neither WOZ or ACDC will be even remotely rare or hard to aquire in the future, so I wouldn't worry about value either way. The value of the majority of new production machines will stay fairly close to their NIB sale price from this point forward, I'd guess, as the appreciation in value is now installed at the factory, in the form of price increases. +/- 10% will probably be the norm...

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

ACDC is almost identical to T2 from a shot and layout perspective, esp the pro, but they really don't feel too similar when you play, and the rulesets are nothing alike. So no, they won't be too similar.

They really don't feel anything alike.

And please explain this to the people who don't understand how I can love Tron but not like X-men!

#50 11 years ago

Because you're afraid of large dolls?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-or-woz-standard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.