Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone know when the next production run of AC/DC Premium is going to happen? Soon or in a few months? I'm selling my Harley and will have some extra cash so an AC/DC will be in my future.

Just a side note thing- I have kids and my wife initially did not approve of AC/DC being in our house, but has since given in. I know, I know, you may think that's being a little too strict, but I respect her wishes and when I thought about the songs- A whole lot of Rosie, Hell aint a bad place to be, etc., I can see her point. Part of it is that I'm agreeing to sell my motorcycle, which she has always hated due to the perceived danger factor of it. Win/Win here.

#2 11 years ago

It's coming!!!

#3 11 years ago

Late September.

#4 11 years ago

Did anyone verify that all the new premiums will have clear lower playfield windows?

#5 11 years ago

It seems the run that they did in late July did, so I would assume they will.

#6 11 years ago

Definitely get rid of the bike. I had a Harley for a year or so until I hit a deer one evening coming back in to town. I made it out in one piece but sold the bike and never looked back. Pinball is the way to go for sure!

#7 11 years ago

AC/DC seems pretty tame IMO.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

I have kids and my wife initially did not approve of AC/DC being in our house, but has since given in. I know, I know, you may think that's being a little too strict, but I respect her wishes

I can totally relate. There have been several pins that I had to take off my wishlist because my wife didn't approve of the artwork. It sucks, but she lets me have a whole room full of pins, so who am I to complain?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

Definitely get rid of the bike. I had a Harley for a year or so until I hit a deer one evening coming back in to town. I made it out in one piece but sold the bike and never looked back. Pinball is the way to go for sure!

I've had 2 close calls this summer with cars pulling in front of me. I've been riding motorcycles since I was a kid, but I think it's time to give it up and think about my kids. Getting a new pinball machine and paying off some bills with the $ will help me get over it.

#10 11 years ago

If you are single the Harley will get you more chicks.

If you are married, the pinball will get you laid more. "Honey, would you rather me be home playing pinball, or out with the guys playing pinball at the strip bar?"

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

AC/DC seems pretty tame IMO.

Well, my kids run around singing the songs, regardless of whether they understand what they are singing as long as it's a catchy tune. My wife could only imagine us being at a friends house and my son starting to sing some of the songs, for example:

A Whole lot of Rosie- Song about having sex with a fat woman. Probably the biggest offender of the bunch as far as kids go.
    Hell Ain't a bad place to be- Perfect for singing at church gatherings? (haha).
    Well, any song about hell actually (Hells bells, highway to hell)

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I can totally relate. There have been several pins that I had to take off my wishlist because my wife didn't approve of the artwork. It sucks, but she lets me have a whole room full of pins, so who am I to complain?

I take it she doesn't listen to any of the lyrics on Tommy. I can't imagine artwork being a problem yet songs about sodomy, prostitution and drug use being acceptable?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

I take it she doesn't listen to any of the lyrics on Tommy. I can't imagine artwork being a problem yet songs about sodomy, prostitution and drug use being acceptable?

And all this time I thought Uncle Ernie was "fiddling about" with the keys to the coin door ...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Late September.

Rumor is they are running more Tron's after it.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

A Whole lot of Rosie- Song about having sex with a fat woman

You got it wrong! The song is about a fat woman having sex with anyone she wants . She is so fat she just puts it on you and you have no choice. LOL That is what Bon Scott said ..

Jim

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I didn't thing they were going to make any more Trons after the last run. Though it would make sense from a business standpoint, since they would sell them all without too much difficulty.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I didn't thing they were going to make any more Trons after the last run. Though it would make sense from a business standpoint, since they would sell them all without too much difficulty.

That is what I thought myself and remember hearing Gary say Tron is done when the question was asked at one of the pinball shows. However, I heard from 2 different distributors there is a strong probability Stern will be making more Tron's later this year.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Tron is all done. No more to be produced.

#19 11 years ago

You guys are nuts!! Pinball is fun and what I do at home but riding is life!! You ride with friends, you go to bars and you stop at hang outs. Its social and its freedom. Pinball is what you do when you come home from having a freaking blast.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You guys are nuts!! Pinball is fun and what I do at home but riding is life!! You ride with friends, you go to bars and you stop at hang outs. Its social and its freedom. Pinball is what you do when you come home from having a freaking blast.

yeah!

#21 11 years ago

Holding out hope Gary finds a new stash of toysrus toys and does another tron run

#22 11 years ago

Well, there are three key things that happened that would signal 'Tron run':

a) whispers that an unexpected game was going to be ran again
    b) all of a sudden, a bunch of NIB tron's hit the market at cheaper prices than they had been from multiple people
    c) now distributors are confirming that a Tron run is upcoming

Unrelated? Perhaps, but it seems too coincidental to not have some truth to it. Plus it would only be the 100th time that Gary has said "no more of XXX machine" and then they produce more 6 months later, lol. Of course he says "no more XXX machine", if he said "we'll rerun again in 6 months" would anybody be in a rush to buy? Of course not. Got to be a salesman too when you're running the company.

#23 11 years ago

As long as it not a Premium IM. My budget is set. I don't need a shale up like that.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

I'd buy Tron in a minute.

#25 11 years ago

I'd buy an IM or a Tron in a minute

#26 11 years ago

I sold Tron. Fun but only one way to play it. Shoot Gem. Shoot Quorra.

ACDC has reigned supreme over my collection.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pinball is what you do when you come home from having a freaking blast.

Some of us prefer to play on location. Playing at home is practice to me. Not really fun. Just keeps the skills sharp.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You ride with friends, you go to bars and you stop at hang outs. Its social and its freedom.

That sounds like what happens when me and my friends play on location. You should try combining your hobbies. You'll have an absolute freaking blast. Playing with friends on location is way more fun than playing alone at home.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

I guess we will find out. Nobody will confirm it now since they want people buying what's new and that is XMEN. But a distributor told me that he has been talking to Stern and it looks like a VERY strong rumor. I also heard from another collector who been in contact with one of the largest distributors and they confirmed the same thing, so take that for what it's worth.

#29 11 years ago

Too bad about the bike. I agree you could have combined riding and playing. Two weeks ago my wife and I took a ride to ride and stopped and played TOM on the way back.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

This is great news. Tron is an amazing game. The more of them out there for people to buy at lower prices the better. It is good for the hobby for the greatest games like tron to be available to larger numbers of people.

I wish they would do one more run of SM...oh please do one more run.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wish they would do one more run of SM...oh please do one more run.

That will not happen because the license is over and they cannot re-run them unless they paid for the rights again. They still have the rights to Tron and the only hurdle is not having some toys and possibly backglasses, but if they are creative enough that can be overcome and I bet people would still by them even with a regular translite and without toys since they are going to add their own light cycles that light up.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you are single the Harley will get you more chicks.
    If you are married, the pinball will get you laid more. "Honey, would you rather me be home playing pinball, or out with the guys playing pinball at the strip bar?"

LOL at vid. He needs to write blogs or something. The dude is hilarious.

Quoted from BoJo:

That will not happen because the license is over and they cannot re-run them unless they paid for the rights again. They still have the rights to Tron and the only hurdle is not having some toys and possibly backglasses, but if they are creative enough that can be overcome and I bet people would still by them even with a regular translite and without toys since they are going to add their own light cycles that light up.

Yea, ive heard that as well. Still, the license is probably inexpensive to renew. Tron, XMen, SM, Avengers...the rights are all coming from the little mouse...or where the rights to SM held by Sony? If so, then Sony may not be able to grant another license extension and Dysney wouldn't want to promote the older movies in light of the reboot.

Sorry for the thread hyjack OP...I can't help myself sometimes.

#33 11 years ago

SM would be nice to see, but its also good for the market not to produce games for ever either.. They made SM for a very long time.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

...or where the rights to SM held by Sony? If so, then Sony may not be able to grant another license extension and Dysney wouldn't want to promote the older movies in light of the reboot.

Sony owns Spidey movie rights, even for the reboot...that's why they rebooted it - so Disney wouldn't get it.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

SM would be nice to see, but its also good for the market not to produce games for ever either.. They made SM for a very long time.

True, they destabilize the second hand market by re-running five year old games. They would need to do it as an LE run. The BSM owners wouldn't really have grounds to complain as the black ones were never held out as an LE. Maybe it is possible to get a 200 machine run or something.

#36 11 years ago

True, they destabilize the second hand market by re-running five year old games. They would need to do it as an LE run. The BSM owners wouldn't really have grounds to complain as the black ones were never held out as an LE. Maybe it is possible to get a 200 machine run or something.

BSM owners would have every right complain since it was produced as a limited edition game of 500. It says right on the certificate/flyer 1 out of 500. That is part of the reason it fetches the price it does since it does not have differences in gameplay. Not that they would ever would run more SM of any kind but if they did more BSM's then you would have a lot of angry owner I bet.

Stern has gone back and re-run games they said they would never do and that is fine, but they have never remade any LE games to go above the initial promised # and if they did people would reconsider buying any LE's down the road and Stern would not want that. If there was ever a game they could sell a ton more LE's it would be Tron and I doubt they would do that even though they still have the license.

#37 11 years ago

Gary said at CAX that Spiderman would never be re-ran because the movies have been rebooted. Essentially, Sony wouldn't want people buying merchandise from the old movie arc.

As for Tron, I had actually heard that the license did expire, however that doesn't mean they won't do another run. As long as the license holder is still on board, it doesn't actually cost Stern that much, relative to each machine.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

BSM owners would have every right complain since it was produced as a limited edition game of 500. It says right on the certificate/flyer 1 out of 500. That is part of the reason it fetches the price it does since it does not have differences in gameplay. Not that they would ever would run more SM of any kind but if they did more BSM's then you would have a lot of angry owner I bet.
    Stern has gone back and re-run games they said they would never do and that is fine, but they have never remade any LE games to go above the initial promised # and if they did people would reconsider buying any LE's down the road and Stern would not want that. If there was ever a game they could sell a ton more LE's it would be Tron and I doubt they would do that even though they still have the license.

Ah, I stand corrected. I didn't realize they were officially LE's back then . . . I sure wish I got one of those NIB. I missed the boat on that one.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I stand corrected. I didn't realize they were officially LE's back then

No problem. They were limited to the amount they made just not numbered like they are now.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I sure wish I got one of those NIB. I missed the boat on that one.

So did I

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

And all this time I thought Uncle Ernie was "fiddling about" with the keys to the coin door ...

LOL, Uncle Ernie should key all his games alike so he doesn't have that problem.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

TigerLaw25 said:
    I sure wish I got one of those NIB. I missed the boat on that one.

So did I

Don't feel too bad, I missed all the boats thus far.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern doesn't care about the 2nd hand market...they kept running TSPP and LOTR forever. However, re-running some old games could cut into their new/current game sales....they have plenty of titles on the line that are selling well - they don't have much of a reason to revisit old games at the moment.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I stand corrected. I didn't realize they were officially LE's back then . . . I sure wish I got one of those NIB. I missed the boat on that one.

You can sell get a Dale Jr. NIB!!! LOL ...that's the Nascar LE!

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You can sell get a Dale Jr. NIB!!! LOL ...that's the Nascar LE!

Too steriotypical for someone in the part of the country I live in to have a Dale Jr. pinball machine. My friends from other regions would ridicule me. Haha!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-next-production-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.