(Topic ID: 76903)

Acdc premium my song modification advice?

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am trying to figure out if these songs will incorporate well with the game? I know it's unconventional to pick some non acdc songs but thinking of songs I enjoy but wanted to get any advice if they will blend ok.

I have no relation to the songs War Machine or RnR Train so I was thinking to change them.

I don't mind TLBR or 'Hell ain't a bad place to be', but was thinking if I could put in a couple of acdc songs I like somewhat better.

I don't care for Rosie, but with the DMD display seems hard to replace that one.

This is what I came up with:

RnR Train = Crazy Train
War Machine = War Pigs (trim down to 2 verses)

LTBR = Shoot to Thrill
Hell ain't a bad place = Dirty Deeds

Any advice?

#2 10 years ago

Mine are changed as follows.

Let there be Rock = Shoot to Thrill
Whole lot of Rosie = Girls Got Rhythm
Hell aint a bad place to be = Big Gun
Whole Lotta Rosie = Hard as a Rock
Encore Song = Long way to the top

I am pretty sure that is the order they are in. When the game ends it plays a clip from shoot to thrill which fits nicely too.

#3 10 years ago

What is the encore song?

#4 10 years ago

I forget...It was a live version of something....never heard it personally.....neither have a lot of folks. Heh...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What is the encore song?

Funny.
It is the end game song that is played when you beat the game. Most people will probably never hear it.
However, Stern chose to put a live version of LTB Rock for the Encore tune. It is recorded softer than the studio versions so it make Encore pretty anticlimactic sounding.
I put "It's a Long Way to the Top" on all the files I have helped people with as the Encore song as it is much more appropriate after all your hard work to get to the end game. It is much louder as we'll.

#6 10 years ago

How about some Hayseed Dixie?

#7 10 years ago

I am not a computer wiz by any means so my question is how hard is to swap the songs out?

#8 10 years ago

Not very hard at all, use Pinball Browser

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am not a computer wiz by any means so my question is how hard is to swap the songs out?

This is a tough question to answer. For me it was super simple including ripping the songs, converting them, cutting them to length etc. For my wife, this would be about as difficult as performing brain surgery on herself. So it's really impossible to tell you how easy it is without keeping your skill level.

#10 10 years ago

does encore have a unique song to it? I never get even close to ever seeing it, so didn't know. I would want a custom song for that mode for sure.

#11 10 years ago

I put Ozzy Crazy Train for a bit....I took it off but it wasn't too bad. I may try it again but adjust the clip so the beginning of the song is not there...it seemed a little slow and with my poor play I got to hear it a lot as I'd still be on the same song for a couple of balls very frequently.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not my video, but this YouTube clip explains it pretty well.

#13 10 years ago

Any idea to replace LTBR? Was thinking Shoot to thrill, but not really sure of that either, it can be something non-acdc that'd be ok with me. Not sure if anything by Black Sabbath would fit.

I realize this is an acdc pin, but I prefer Sabbath.

So far, I think I'm going to replace Crazy Train, War Pigs (respectively for RnR Train and War Machine).

Hell ain't a bad place to be, I am thinking 'Iron Man' because the face reminds me of an Iron Man mask.

LTBR, I was thinking something fast paced from Black Sabbath but unsure, any advice?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from fasteight:

Not my video, but this YouTube clip explains it pretty well.
» YouTube video

looks hard

#15 10 years ago

Once you change the songs, is it easy to change it back to factory settings with the original songs? Or, do you just reload the current code from the Stern site from scratch.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pingull:

Or, do you just reload the current code from the Stern site from scratch.

Yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-my-song-modification-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.