IMAG0784.jpg
IMAG0783.jpg
IMAG0528.jpg
IMAG0533.jpg
IMAG0545.jpg
IMAG0541.jpg
IMAG0537.jpg
DSC00110.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Do any of your playfield windows look like this? There is a large blemish on my playfield window. From the player's view, it looks like a large vertical scratch. When you look at it more closely, it appears to be a series of small horizontal micro cracks grouped together. With the machine off, it's not visible, but when the LEDs come on, it's bright as day. My machine has a build date of 12/19/13. I bought it on 6/3/14, and pulled it out of the box on 6/6/14. This was one of the first things I noticed. I notified my distributor, and he forwarded pics onto Stern. No response from Stern since the pics were sent. Another email was sent to Stern in August, and another sent today. Just curious if this is an isolated thing, or if other machines have this too?

IMAG0537.jpgIMAG0537.jpg IMAG0541.jpgIMAG0541.jpg IMAG0545.jpgIMAG0545.jpg IMAG0533.jpgIMAG0533.jpg IMAG0528.jpgIMAG0528.jpg
#3 9 years ago

It blows my mind how something like this gets past QC. It's literally in the middle of the playfield.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Have you tried to see if the mark(s) can be cleaned off from underneath the playfield? Honestly, since this goes back to June I would think your distributor has not pushed the issue enough (or at all?) with Stern. They sent only 3 emails in 5 months? No phone calls? I think it's time you should phone Stern yourself. Your distributor has dropped the ball.
My Luci doesn't have anything like that. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Rob

This isn't a distributor issue. This is a manufacturer issue. The distributor had a back and forth with Stern, when Stern requested better pics and received them, they fell silent. This machine also had a faulty LED driver board from the get go, and Stern did warranty that. I'm trying to follow the "chain of command" by communicating through the distributor, but I'll give Stern a call as well. Something tells me nothing will be done.

#11 9 years ago

It's not a scratch. I can't feel it with my finger tip or catch with my finger nail from either the top or bottom. I've cleaned the window while cleaning the playfield twice since I've unboxed the game. It is NOT visible when the LEDs are off, and can only barely be seen with a flash light if you know exactly where to look. I shouldn't have to repair the playfield surface of an NIB game. First two pics are with the game in the RGB test mode with the RGB LEDs (eyes and mouth inserts) lit up white. The difference between the pics is camera focus. The second pic was the best the camera would focus on it. The third pic is with the RGB LEDs off, but red lower playfield lighting on. Fourth pic is with the game off, no camera flash. Fifth is with the game off, with camera flash. Sunlight is out of the question, it's in the basement in a room with a tiny window that never gets direct sunlight.

IMAG0783.jpgIMAG0783.jpg IMAG0784.jpgIMAG0784.jpg IMAG0785.jpgIMAG0785.jpg IMAG0786.jpgIMAG0786.jpg IMAG0787.jpgIMAG0787.jpg
#13 9 years ago

Those pics were all taken with the glass off.

#15 9 years ago

Makes sense now. This blemish does look like it's on the top side, but can't be felt. I bet the flawed plexi was cleared over.

#19 9 years ago

Well, Stern finally got back with the distributor after the last email yesterday. Looks like things are getting resolved. I'm a happy camper.

#21 9 years ago

Unpopulated. Don't have to return this one.

#23 9 years ago

Yeah, that's what you said a few posts back. Different strokes for different folks.

#26 9 years ago

So if the windshield cracks on my car, am I supposed to buy a new car? Let's be realistic here. The defective part is getting replaced.

#32 9 years ago

Having a spare playfield that I can swap out many years down the road, is much more valuable to me than the instant gratification of a quick and easy swap over a blemish that doesn't affect gameplay. Luci is going to get the Hell played out her for decades, and when she's looking old and beat up, I'll have what I need to make her look brand new again.

#38 9 years ago

I'm not a pinvestor. I will never have a HUO game for sale with only a few hundred plays on the game. I play the shit out of my games. And I'm a hobbyist that actually enjoys working on and repairing pins and vids. I'm thinking long term. Decades from now, I'll be glad I have a spare playfield in my back pocket that I didn't have to fork out any money for.

Quoted from msj2222:

Ya, I think you got the short end of the stick.

I'd rather have the short end, than no end.

Quoted from msj2222:

Do you realize the labor involved in a PF swap? How much does a tech get for a PF swap??

Not nearly as much as a complete engine rebuild on a class 8 truck, and I use to do that all the time. I don't care how much a tech gets paid, I'd never hire one when I can do it myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-luci-owners-playfield-window?tu=nephasth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.