(Topic ID: 45347)

ACDC Premium: Lower playfield mode ideas

By PanzerFreak

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Well, I've been anxiously waiting for my ACDC Premium and in the meantime have been watching some gameplay videos of the machine as well as reading releasing notes for its various updates. I'm surprised by the lack of involvement the lower playfield has in the game at this point. Personally, I think that ACDC Premium has one of the coolest mini playfields in pinball. However, the lower playfield seems to be used sparingly (can only be used during songs with the word "hell" in it) and doesn't appear to have any combo options involving loops and targets like the rest of the game. If the lower playfields use was expanded further I could easily see this game in the top 5.

Below is my idea to expand the use of the mini playfield in ACDC Premium.

There would be the ability to cash in several VIP passes during any song (could possibly occur while trapping) to grant access to the lower playfield by hitting the right orbit for the upper ball to lock. Once in the lower playfield there would be points given for hits to the three targets and number of loops made in a row. When a player enters the mini playfield they would be at normal 1x scoring on all three target shots. However, for each consecutive loop made the multiplier would go up by one which would add yet another risk / reward element to the rules. If a player is at a 3x multiplier and then misses the next loop by instead hitting a target they would receive whatever point sum at that point and start over at 1x scoring until Steve yells at you for time running out, haha. The total lower playfield score would then be attached to a hell mode high score that would be displayed on the DMD like other high scores in the game. By having the VIP option to access the lower playfield it could limit the risk of unbalancing existing game rules. Plus, by having the option to spend one VIP pass for shots and 2 or 3 for lower playfield access it would provide some additional risk reward for players.

What do you guys think? What ideas do you have for the lower playfield?

#2 11 years ago

I have been patiently waiting for some cool modes too. Like your ideas and would also like to see opportunity to win extra ball from lower playfield. Since the loelwer pf is already there, add some cool strategy and worthwhile reward for going down on acdc.

#3 11 years ago

Be patient as the code is not finished yet. There have been rumors for more involvement of the lower playfield in future code updates.

3 months later
#4 10 years ago

So I was just playing a few games of ACDC Premium and never noticed that the three target lower playfield inserts change color (quickly) depending on the song. Wouldn't it be cool if the three target inserts changed color as you completed a "round" (3 targets, 2 loops) in the lower playfield? By having the inserts change color it would let players know how far they are advancing while in the lower playfield. Maybe combine that with having the game grants 2x lower playfield scoring when a round is completed once or twice and then after another couple 3x. With the insert color's changing and a multiplier it would, in my opinion, help increase the use and importance of the lower playfield.

Also, any rumors of a code update?

#5 10 years ago

Sure I'll start one. Code is on the way, should be any day now........Not!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-lower-playfield-mode-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.