• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi all!

Finally have my brand new AC/DC Premium in my house.

Yet, sadly it's being a bit of a decoration.

As when the cannon swivels, it's a bit too low and balls hit it. I don't want to keep playing incase it smashes the plastic or breaks something else. (I'm super paranoid with keeping this thing perfect!)

Would really appreciate some help with fixing this! I'm also a massive newb when it comes to fixing stuff so the more detail the better.

Thanks heaps and Happy New Year!

#2 10 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it, turn it on and play the heck out of it! Balls won't hit it unless its in multi ball mode anyhow.

If you raise it up then balls may not flow in there smoothly. If it really is too low, then you can adjust by putting some washers in to adjust the height.

GL and have fun!

#3 10 years ago

Thanks mate I know I'm likely being overly careful but want to have this machine for life!

Again. Huge newb, so if anyone has any pics or what not which can help out explaining how to raise the canon or fix this problem it would be super helpful.

Has anyone else had this issue?

#4 10 years ago

Hey Dude. Glad it arrived safely. Mine was in da house for 2 days before I went on holiday. Can't wait to get back. Just call Michael at AMD. Mine was perfect from the get go. He would be horrified to think there was anything wrong with it.

#5 10 years ago

^^^ Yes call Michael he will sort it

Peter

#6 10 years ago

you want it lower tho. Lower it is, the less drop there is on the playfield and more direct hit on the targets. But too low and you get ball hangup on the cannon. I havn't taken mine apart as it works fine, but I would think the shaft could be slide up and down like a flipper bat. No? Isn't it set with just a set screw?

#7 10 years ago

Mine is also new (manufacture date Sept/Oct) and has same issue. Balls occasionally snag on the underside of the cannon. To be honest, I have been meaning to fix it, but I do tend to give new pins a bit of a play in (because I have this belief that a lot of issues just 'settle down' after they've adjusted to being in a new home)

Anyhow, it still causes me issues, probably a mm or two too low.

For the moment it's not spoiling my enjoyment too much, but yep, if its a simple adjustment I should probably get around to it.

#8 10 years ago

maybe the cannon isn't lower, the top of the cannon is too low, but not the whole cannon itself. Loosen the screws that hold on the housing and raise it up and tighten it back down. Problem might be solved.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I would think the shaft could be slide up and down like a flipper bat. No? Isn't it set with just a set screw?

No - I just had mine apart. The only way you could raise it is by adding a washer to the shaft underneath the cannon. And it would have to be a thin washer because there is a circlip below the bearing and if the shaft is held up too far by the extra washer, the circlip will not fit back on the shaft. The set screw holds the linkage on the shaft. It does nothing to set the height of the cannon.

#11 10 years ago

Washer a simple fix like I said up top but hey Grifter, don't worry about it, even if you did tear up and smash the cannon to pieces it would be a good time to replace it with Hemi's cannon mod.

#12 10 years ago

The info on the other thread is wrong. You cannot adjust the cannon height using the set screw.

#13 10 years ago

I had this issuse also, just added a couple of washers under the cannon housing

#14 10 years ago

Were you able to get the circlip back on after adding washers? How much was the total thickness of the washers?

1 month later
#15 10 years ago

As a minor update, I removed the plastic cannon cover and the issue has disappeared.

Will adjust the plastic and remount it a little higher as I now suspect that it was the plastic that balls were snagging against.

8 months later
#16 9 years ago

ishaved off a little bit of plastic from the screw/washer that holds the cover to the front of the cannon plastic and removed the oversized washer and put the screw back in fixed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-low-cannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.