Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MJW
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1050360-901.jpg
IMG_6290[1].JPG
220px-HellsBells.jpg
P1050287.jpg
P1050292.jpg
P1050284.jpg
P1050278.jpg
P1050272.jpg
P1050273.jpg
P1050275.jpg
P1050274.jpg
ge4ydu9e.jpg

#1 5 years ago

You have seen my Bell Block covers but recently I helped a mate with his great idea - Band Member mod for the Premium and LE machines.

The Band Member mod covers the solenoids and wiring etc and really tidies up the back right corner very nicely. It is made out of mirror stainless steel and has red acrylic in behind it, so you can upgrade your flasher to bright LED and light up AC/DC logo during game play.

It mounts in between the band members plastic and the steel from the assembly. You loosen the screws spread the plastic from the frame and slide it in between then re-tighten the screws - done in a couple of minutes.

The package is for the:
1 x Band Member mod
and
1 x Bell Cover - Plain, Hells Bell, or Luci Bell

= $95 + postage (which will be approximately $15 to US and $20 to Europe).
+ $5 more for a red version of the Hells Bell or the Luci Bell.

(all in Australian dollars and due to our dollar not being so good this will be a bit cheaper for you).

Also I contacted Terry and he is unable to sell due agreements with Stern as the item has a AC/DC logo.

At this stage I will only have 3 - 5 packages available and if no interest for 3 minimum none will be heading overseas.

standard back rhs corner
ge4ydu9e.jpg

here is the band member mod
P1050274.jpg
P1050275.jpg

and here is your choice of the block cover
P1050278.jpgP1050273.jpgP1050272.jpgP1050292.jpgP1050287.jpgP1050284.jpg

last photo of the 5 remaining band member mods up for grabs, with another 2 already off to Terry for his personal use.

P1050360-901.jpg

#2 5 years ago

bump for the US guys,

#3 5 years ago

How much for just the band cover?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

How much for just the band cover?

$55 plus postage (which is approx $15-$20 if from Dan) but Dan is in Melbourne so if anyone just wants that then I won't be selling it by itself. We thought to couple the 2 mods to make it a better buy with postage.

#6 5 years ago

How ironic. I was just talking to another AC/DC owner about how we should make something to cover that ugly opening. I'm really surprised their aren't more mods for this yet since it seems to be the most incomplete looking part of the pin.

A little outside my willing to spend meter so I'll still try to make something on my own but this is a real good idea and will make several people happy.

#7 5 years ago

one pinsider locked in, and need another 2 people at least to make it happen - have until this time tomorrow otherwise no go.

#8 5 years ago

Count me in, I will commit to the corner band member mod and a black luci's bell cover.

#9 5 years ago

here is a video

#10 5 years ago

PM sent.

#11 5 years ago

have 6 coming to me and that will be all, with 4 pinsiders with their names down for 5 of them at the moment

so one left……….

I think this will be it for a while…...

#12 5 years ago

PM sent, yes sir I am in...

#13 5 years ago

Nice looking mods. GLWS

#14 5 years ago

Looks Cool
Hells Bell? Forget to ad the S on Bells LOL

#15 5 years ago

PM sent.

Quoted from Jamaster10:

Hells Bell? Forget to ad the S on Bells LOL

Hell's Bells may be the name of the song, but that is the one Hell's Bell on the playfield!

#16 5 years ago

Hi VegasAlleyCat, you are in

and for anyone else interested just watch here if any bail out and you have a chance to get one.

Also I agree and which is why I opted for the Bell not Bells as you are hitting THE Hells Bell in the game.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

You have seen my Bell Block covers but recently I helped a mate with his great idea - Band Member mod for the Premium and LE machines.
The Band Member mod covers the solenoids and wiring etc and really tidies up the back right corner very nicely. It is made out of mirror stainless steel and has red acrylic in behind it, so you can upgrade your flasher to bright LED and light up AC/DC logo during game play.
It mounts in between the band members plastic and the steel from the assembly. You loosen the screws spread the plastic from the frame and slide it in between then re-tighten the screws - done in a couple of minutes.
The package is for the:
1 x Band Member mod
and
1 x Bell Cover - Plain, Hells Bell, or Luci Bell
= $95 + postage (which will be approximately $15 to US and $20 to Europe).
+ $5 more for a red version of the Hells Bell or the Luci Bell.
(all in Australian dollars and due to our dollar not being so good this will be a bit cheaper for you).
Also I contacted Terry and he is unable to sell due agreements with Stern as the item has a AC/DC logo.
At this stage I will only have 3 - 5 packages available and if no interest for 3 minimum none will be heading overseas.
standard back rhs corner

here is the band member mod

and here is your choice of the block cover

ge4ydu9e.jpg 78 KB

P1050274.jpg 234 KB

P1050275.jpg 238 KB

P1050273.jpg 263 KB

P1050272.jpg 271 KB

P1050278.jpg 266 KB

P1050284.jpg 283 KB

P1050292.jpg 275 KB

P1050287.jpg 277 KB

You have pictures of one(band member mod) without it being installed so we can all see exactly how it mounts in?

Thanks

Jack

#18 5 years ago

don't have the parts yet to photograph, but the screws at the front are loosened and then you slide the mod into a gap and re-tighten - very quick and very simple and easily removable for maintenance.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Also I agree and which is why I opted for the Bell not Bells as you are hitting THE Hells Bell in the game.

But shouldn't it be Hell's Bell (with an apostrophe?). That is kinda why I opted for the plain version instead...

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

don't have the parts yet to photograph, but the screws at the front are loosened and then you slide the mod into a gap and re-tighten - very quick and very simple and easily removable for maintenance.

Don't have any pictures of the mod uninstalled?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Don't have any pictures of the mod uninstalled?

no as it isn't my mod, and it's in the mail to me today as just teaming up with a mate to make it more affordable with postage together. Each item sent on it's own is $15.50 to the US or $15.50 together so effectively a $15.50 saving.

Hope that helps

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

But shouldn't it be Hell's Bell (with an apostrophe?). That is kinda why I opted for the plain version instead...

the album refers to Hells Bells with no apostrophe - maybe the Aussie's poor grammar but since it is one bell the mod with the famous no apostrophe AC/DC approach is Hells Bell.

220px-HellsBells.jpg

Actually an interesting point and in many articles it is referred to as AC/DC Grammar, and they even acknowledge it on their own website.
"This is a near complete AC/DC album even if they don’t use an apostrophe."
http://www.acdc.com/ca/node/214
http://www.acdc.com/us/video/hells-bells

#23 5 years ago

Here are a few pics of my one. These mods are very quick and easy to install or remove. I am pretty sure Dan can make ones with blue acrylic for those that have a BIBLE machine.

I made up two LED strips and stuck them to the underside using double sided tape (pretty crude but very effective). The LED strip is connected to the existing flasher connection and really makes the ACDC lettering pop. The normal flasher didn't quite light up the 'DC' enough for my liking.

IMG_6290[1].JPG

#24 5 years ago

Thanks Blair, but I have a batch of Red's only on the way, no blues sorry.

#25 5 years ago

ok, got an update:

band member mods in the post to me now, 8 wanted and some might become available at the payment stage - will keep you updated and will ask for payment once they arrive to me as want to ensure everything is in good condition etc prior to sending.

Thanks for your support.

1 year later
#26 4 years ago

Have been getting a few PM's lately about the Band Member SS cover - this is buried and no longer available. Thanks to those expressing interest but my mate who made them is no longer doing so. Thanks

#27 4 years ago

I have the mod I might be willing to sell, PM me.

1 year later
#28 2 years ago

I have a similar used band roof for sale in the marketplace right now if anyone is looking for one if these . Mine is black.

#29 2 years ago

Sold. $35.00. Shipped

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Altos, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside