Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinwiz1985
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Unboxed an ACDC Premium LE tonight and followed all the steps correctly to update the code from 1.5 to 1.52 (or so I thought); here's the roadbock:

1. Went to the Stern Library and downloaded the new 1.52 code and tried saving it both ways (first as a Compressed Zipped folder then later as All Files).

2. Flipped the DIP switch in position 8 to On, hit the reset button, and selected Update Game Code.

3. Inserted the USB memory stick with the new code but the DMD reads Update Not Found (on both attempts of saving the files per above).

Never done this (first NIB), what's going on/what do I do (as Chas is eating Dinner at the moment I suppose; and I really want to play this Mean Machine tonight with the updated code) ?

TIA.

#2 6 years ago

Put the .bin file in the root of the USB memory stick.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Put the .bin file in the root of the USB memory stick.

That's apparently what's in there; just copied the file and it says:

ACD_152L.BIN

#4 6 years ago

Try plugging in the USB stick before powering on the game. That's what I needed to do on TF-LE.

#5 6 years ago

DO you use a Mac or Windows machine? Wondering if its formatted incorrectly?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Try plugging in the USB stick before powering on the game. That's what I needed to do on TF-LE.

Will give that a shot.

Thanks.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

DO you use a Mac or Windows machine? Wondering if its formatted incorrectly?

Windows (PC said it found the drivers).

Thanks.

#8 6 years ago

I had to Make sure I moved it to the USB , then in the USB unzip it. That made all the difference

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Benaar said:

Will give that a shot.

Thanks.

Just tried that (and saved the update both ways: as All Files & Compressed
Zipped Folder)--same results: Update Not Found?

Crap.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I had to Make sure I moved it to the USB , then in the USB unzip it. That made all the difference

Just unzipped it...same result: Update Not Found!

#11 6 years ago

The system is picky about the thumbdrive, try a different one.

#12 6 years ago

Just play on 1.5 for now and enjoy you can get it updated tomm

#13 6 years ago

Make sure the thumb drive is formatted for fat32 and the .BIN file is in the root directory.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The system is picky about the thumbdrive, try a different one.

OK will give that a shot; thanks.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Make sure the thumb drive is formatted for fat32 and the .BIN file is in the root directory.

Also, may want to reformat the USB stick and make sure the v1.52.bin file is the ONLY file on the drive. I had problems when I had multiple .bin files on the same drive.

#16 6 years ago

Thanks guys; for some reason all the attempts failed--and I took Mandelbloom's advice and just decided to rock all night on 1.5.

What a game.

Time to unplug & call Chas in the morning.

Will let y'all know what the problem is tomorrow--many thanks to all the First Responders and all the help tonight!

Pinside Rocks!

#17 6 years ago

The red flag here is when you're talking about compressed folders. When you download the file from stern, it's in a zip. You must unzip this, then copy only the .bin file to the thumb drive in the root of the drive.
If you insert the drive the only file you should see on the drive is the .bin file you need to update.

If the machine still doesn't see the file when this is the case, I would try other thumb drives until you find one that works.

#18 6 years ago

Congrats. How's do u like it?

Weird problem. Never heard of that issue.

#19 6 years ago

When I tried to update my SM, I could not get it to accept the update. I then went back to my computer and re-loaded the update onto the thumb drive and made sure to properly exit the file to "safely remove the device" from the computer and that solved the problem.
It was just a matter of properly exiting and removing the thumb drive from the computer. Hopefully that is your problem as well.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Congrats. How's do u like it?

Weird problem. Never heard of that issue.

Thanks Av8; initial critique: blown away by the game thus far--appears to be another Richie masterpiece: an adrenaline rush of sight and sound.

Will get back on the problem this afternoon.

Thanks again guys.

#21 6 years ago

Update: problem solved.

Don't really know what the specific variable was that made it work this time, but I just deleted everything off the stick and started from scratch and followed everyone's pointers.

Anyway, thanks to all!

#22 6 years ago

I've seen this happen with devices for firmware updates. If you are using a thumb drive with a drive utility on it (like U3 for example) the devices system will be haulted in scanning the thumb drive for files because the U3 software is trying to take over first. As you mentioned reformatting the drive without that ghost partion of U3 will normally solve all your problems of this nature

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bedminster Township, NJ
$ 24.95
$ 35.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside