You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy an ACDC Premium if they were available?”

• Hell yes! 37 votes
    43%
  • Nope 20 votes
    23%
  • It's not gonna happen, licensing issues, too many game already out there blah blah blah 29 votes
    34%

(86 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

More WTB than FS on ACDC Premiums. Owners love them and don't plan on selling them. It reminds me of IM before the rerun of last year. I know I would buy a NIB ACDC Premium right this second if one was available.

I'm sure it's wishful thinking. I've read the license expired so let's get that paid for and some more premiums pumped out!!!

Anyone agree?

#2 9 years ago

Count me in.

#3 9 years ago

It's by far my fav game ever. First one I bought, and only one I have currently.
Been through about ten and only Metallica was close in my opinion.
Looking for another new pin, but it's tough when you're going to compare it to ACDC.
There are so many ways to play it, it just hasn't got dull at our place yet.
Good luck with your search!

#4 9 years ago

They just stop making them...why in the Hell did you not Buy one ?

#5 9 years ago

You're being kind of dramatic, don't you think? how long have you really been looking? There are plenty of AC/DC premiums out there, probably more than any other recent stern title... and definitely NOT like IM where there was a small production at first.

Back in the "good old days" you could possibly have to wait.. get this.... months if not even a year or more to find a good title like MM, MB, or AFM.

True it's a great game, but the inability to immediately get one doesn't mean the sky is falling.

#6 9 years ago

I have a HUO ACDC Premium fully modded I'm considering selling to fund some house renovations.

#7 9 years ago

Put out a WTB thread a month ago. Had someone try to sell me a LTBR for $9500. Closest premium near me is 8 hours away. Only one ACDC premium for sale on pinside......Sure I'm just being dramatic. Wouldn't be the first time. I just have been seeing more than a few WTB threads with little success for the OPs. Waiting sucks and if they had the ability to pump out games on demand instead of in runs, Id buy one right this second.

#8 9 years ago

Not just Hell yes, but Hells Bells yes.

#9 9 years ago

I want a Spiderman And waiting patently !

Iron man VE happened for a few reason : demand (they did not make enough at that time) AND
No Iron Man LE was ever made so they could add better Lights and Toys...They w'ont make a VE Pinball better then they Made theyre Limited Edition of Spiderman Lotr or Tron !

#10 9 years ago

Glad I got mine when I did...LTBR, I would sell for the right price.

#11 9 years ago

Iron Man was a short run that was only appreciated later.

ACDC is literally the most popular game Stern has ever made, and it's been well loved for years.

So, no.

#12 9 years ago

I don't understand why there is a surge of people saying they would be a nib ACDC now. Just a few months ago you could have purchased one nib.
Why did you wait until they stopped production? Not intending to be an ass, just trying to understand.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't understand why there is a surge of people saying they would be a nib ACDC now. Just a few months ago you could have purchased one nib.
Why did you wait until they stopped production? Not intending to be an ass, just trying to understand.

This is so confusing to me. So I wasn't interested in buying one or caught the bug late for this game at a point when they stopped making them. How or why is that hard to understand? If someone got into the hobby today and found out they used to make ACDC pins, we would be in the same position.

It's April of 2015. You are saying a few months ago they stopped producing premiums. You have an exact date of when they stopped? Despite it being the most popular game, I still see wtb ACDC premium thread popping up. I'm not the only one who is late the dance I guess.

#14 9 years ago

I got my NIB Preminum this week and we've been having a blast with it!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Iron Man was a short run that was only appreciated later.
ACDC is literally the most popular game Stern has ever made, and it's been well loved for years.
So, no.

So, I'm seeing a few people posting along these lines.

Are there really more ACDCs than TSPPs, LotRs or PotCs?

I saw many Simpsons and Rings on location.
Not too many ACDCs.

#16 9 years ago

I went with the LED Pro because I agree with the OP; they may be everywhere but people are NOT selling them off like they are RFMs or STLE/Pros. ACDC is NOT a popular game being sold; it is being held tightly because people realize it is a great game.

I bought the LED Pro because it has the moving bell, and I added the 3D train on the left ramp. That - for me - made it "close enough" to being a premium model.

Yeah, it's Stern's most produced game (#s to prove this?) and they're EVERYWHERE - but people are not mass selling them.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah, it's Stern's most produced game (#s to prove this?) and they're EVERYWHERE - but people are not mass selling them.

What info do you have to know that it is Stern's most produced games if you don't know the production #s?

#18 9 years ago

I have a small game room and tend to move things around. But, I can't see getting rid of ACDC or Metallica anytime soon.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I have a small game room and tend to move things around. But, I can't see getting rid of ACDC or Metallica anytime soon.

Ditto ! They are both my Dream Pins and so Glad Lyman made is Magic on these BabY's !

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

What info do you have to know that it is Stern's most produced games if you don't know the production #s?

Stern said so.

Quoted from Grinder901:

This is so confusing to me. So I wasn't interested in buying one or caught the bug late for this game at a point when they stopped making them. How or why is that hard to understand? If someone got into the hobby today and found out they used to make ACDC pins, we would be in the same position.
It's April of 2015. You are saying a few months ago they stopped producing premiums. You have an exact date of when they stopped? Despite it being the most popular game, I still see wtb ACDC premium thread popping up. I'm not the only one who is late the dance I guess.

You can say this about ANY game ever made. If you didn't buy it when it was being produced, you're not entitled to it after its out of production. I want a Big Bang Bar - but I got into pinball after it was made...so if I want one, I buy a used one or I don't buy it at all. It is what it is. Crying that you missed out on NIB won't make Stern put it back into production. It's not the next Im cuz there are already a shitload out there. If you want one, keep an eye on FS posts or post a Wanted ad. Just like every game ever - one will pop up eventually....just strike instant gratification off your list.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Here, let me fix that:

Quoted from NPO:

I
Heresay says, it's Stern's most produced game (#s to prove this?) and they're EVERYWHERE - but people are not mass selling them.

Note even in my own statment, I provided "(#s to prove this?)" to hint that I did not know.

#22 9 years ago

Saturated down here. Can't sell them. Was a massive hit.

#23 9 years ago

The other problem seems to be that many AC/DC Prem's are heavily modded, and owners are expecting to get all of their money out of it. I think there's plenty that would sell their premium at a premium, and plenty that would buy at a slight discount to the discounted NIB price minus shipping, and there aren't too many people in the middle.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Saturated down here. Can't sell them. Was a massive hit.

Lots downunder for sure but "can't sell them" isn't remotely true, just sold my LED Pro last week
He got a good deal and I didn't give it away

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

As the saying goes "You don't know what you had until it's gone."

I don't suffer from that problem, but many do.

It's funny how nearly the moment a good pin goes out of production you start seeing wtb ads from all the guys who sat on the fence and never pulled the trigger while they were readily avaiable.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Lots downunder for sure but "can't sell them" isn't remotely true, just sold my LED Pro last week

Ahhh Fitzy! I hooked that sale up and it's going to a new pinhead at my work.

AC/DC regardless of model is an awesome game.

Cheers!
Adam.

#27 9 years ago

Grinder901, It was my understanding that Stern announced in Chicago of 2014 that the license for ACDC was expiring in December. Some vendors had a few NIB in inventory afterwards but they were selling fast. I had an opportunity to buy the last Lucy Pinball Refinery had NIB in October. Waited on it too long and it sold.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Ahhh Fitzy! I hooked that sale up and it's going to a new pinhead at my work.
AC/DC regardless of model is an awesome game.
Cheers!
Adam.

Adam, thanks so much for the hook up, I really appreciate it!
You are 100% right, the pin is brilliant!

#29 9 years ago

This is a title worthy of getting the BIBLE or LTBR... if you can find one and have the $. Awesome game all the way. I don't have the extra $ personally.

Just wait until the next title is released, that will shake some of them loose... right now Stern has had a few games that haven't been as popular so people are holding everything.

#30 9 years ago

Adam, thanks so much for the hook up, I really appreciate it!
You are 100% right, the pin is brilliant!

It's all good. He thinks it ends with just one machine. Ha!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

It's all good. He thinks it ends with just one machine. Ha!

I think everybody who starts off in this game truly believes the "just one pin" mantra
Until you end up justifying 3-5 pins ha ha.

#33 9 years ago

Yeah, equilibrium may be a better description. If it's priced remotely wrongly though it won't move. The minty Pro I just bought had been sitting for 9 months at only about $200 wrong. A few BIBLEs around now too that are a bit slow to move.

#34 9 years ago

How much were premiums going for NIB delivered?

#35 9 years ago

Just wait a bit. It seems every great game goes through this phase with HUO sales (WOZ did just a while ago, and they're still being made!). No great titles have come out recently. When they do, you'll see people try to free up space and funds.

#36 9 years ago

For my part I got interested in ACDC pro when they added the swinging bell. But then prices went through the roof with the currency exchange.

#37 9 years ago

I'm holding onto my pimped out luci. Im sure it will be worth a good bit of coin in the future. The luci is pretty much a 3rd le with better clear on the underworld and chicks.

#38 9 years ago

Everything goes in cycles, there is a ton of them out there. Just calm down, be patient & lets not drive the price up on this title.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Everything goes in cycles, there is a ton of them out there. Just calm down, be patient & lets not drive the price up on this title.

Good luck with holding price down.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You are saying a few months ago they stopped producing premiums. You have an exact date of when they stopped?

Funny you should ask. I just asked a similar question. Your anewer is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-production-date-range

#41 9 years ago

Get a Luci they made only200 copy !

Stripper Chicks + Clear window !

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'm holding onto my pimped out luci. Im sure it will be worth a good bit of coin in the future. The luci is pretty much a 3rd le with better clear on the underworld and chicks.

I am holding on to my Luci too - My favorite game. I am now picking up a MET Pro to go beside my Luci. It is the last run of Met and I don't want to miss out on that game.

#43 9 years ago

Patience is not my strongest virtue so I can admit to some crying and over reaction here. Kinda spoiled that both my games are NIB and wanted to keep that train going. Id pull the trigger on a local ACDC Premium if one ever becomes available. I appreciate all the comments.

Lot of people never thought Stern would rerun IM and look at what happened. They had all their witty retorts about how they didn't have this or that for the bash toy or how there wasn't enough demand for another run. They were wrong. Stern monitors this site and I'm not the only one noticing a lack of FS threads for ACDC'S. More than likely there won't be another run. Yea it's true all it takes is one or two well liked new releases and they may start to shake out so here I sit, ready to catch one if it should fall out of someone's tree.

#44 9 years ago

There will be plenty of premiums available for whomever wants one!

Thousands made and as new titles come out and people want to rotate their collection it will always be readily available.

I though I'd never sell mine, I haven't turned it on in 6 months, I like my other pins right now and I can see selling it along with my Woz, another pin I never thought I'd sell.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I though I'd never sell mine, I haven't turned it on in 6 months, I like my other pins right now and I can see selling it along with my Woz, another pin I never thoug

I also find that I come back to my games after I don't play them very often. I hadn't turned on AFM in a long time and now back to playing it a lot. It seems TRON is the one that I am not playing much now. Sometimes I will just put a new mod in a game and it can renew my interest.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I haven't turned it on in 6 months

Jeez Ice. You must be in a dark place.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I paid around $6500 for my NIB Luci shipped to my door last June.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

a couple months ago 6500 was the brother deal.... and they were selling quickly and sold out then, except for the shops asking 7500+

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I though I'd never sell mine, I haven't turned it on in 6 months

ICE, you need to take that Pat Benatar music off of your AC/DC

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Get a Luci they made only200 copy !
Stripper Chicks + Clear window !

Where did you here the 200 Luci number?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-is-this-years-iron-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.