54%
  • I don't care 17 votes
    11%

(149 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stern-lineup.jpg
b388c78.jpg
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I tried to get Stern on the record for that, and Jody would only admit it's the best selling game since 2009.

Thought it was said somewhere that Steve Ritchie said at a public event that it had become the best seller ever for stern.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The In N Out double double is the greatest burger ever created.....and its not even a contest...

You obviously haven't had the 3x3 or the 4x4 at In N Out Burger...they're not on the "menu" but can be ordered. I've never had the 4x4 coz I can barely get my mouth around the 3x3!

#53 8 years ago

I would have a MB before an AC/DC ... nice game though...greatest? nope

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thought it was said somewhere that Steve Ritchie said at a public event that it had become the best seller ever for stern.

It's been rumored for sure at least, but if that was the case why the coy "since the downturn of 2009" response from Jody when I asked for the record? I ended up not using that quote, it wasn't really all that useful. If he had said yes, of all time, then I might have.

Obviously it's a big seller, but maybe pinball is just too niche now to get the numbers of the days of LOTR, POTC, and TSPP.

#55 8 years ago

Jody has only been at Stern since 2009, hence his knowledge begins there. AC/DC IS Sterns biggest seller since "the Sega days". Although it may not keep the title, as First Month sales (orders) of KISS are blowing the INITIAL sales of AC/DC out of the water. The question is will it be able to keep the pace for the next 3 years.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Although it may not keep the title, as First Month sales (orders) of KISS are blowing the INITIAL sales of AC/DC out of the water.

How can you possibly know this?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Everybody knows everything here. We know all the sales numbers of the games basically, because people have been making up numbers for so long they've become canon.

#58 8 years ago

AC/DC and MET are tied for me as my favorite Stern titles (and as my favorite games of all time). They're both fairly different and are fun in their own ways, so I find it hard to pick which is better of the two.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

AC/DC and MET are tied for me as my favorite Stern titles (and as my favorite games of all time). They're both fairly different and are fun in their own ways, so I find it hard to pick which is better of the two.

If you look deep within - the truth will be there. AC/DC is supreme!!

#60 8 years ago

Not by a mile Metallica blows it away

#61 8 years ago

Too me all AC/DC was pick a shot make your shot shoot all the shots rinse repeat toss in a couple of multiballs and a useless lower playfield and there you go in Metallica if all you do is bash Sparky you are missing the point completely LOL

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm pretty sure Iceman has a family member that works for Stern and has some inside info.

#63 8 years ago

ACDC is a great game and in my personal top 10 list but I don't think it is well rounded enough to be #1. The artwork is mediocre at best, there's a cannon blocking the right inlane, the layout is nothing special, there really isn't much for game theme immersion (like LOTR) or callouts, and the song modes aren't really all that interesting or compelling, the wizard mode isn't worth going after either. Really the big thing ACDC has going for it is the rule-set, and in particular the rules surrounding the risk/reward aspect of "song jackpot". Take away "song jackpot" and I wouldn't even rate it in the top 50 games. Lyman's code is what makes it great!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

ACDC is a great game and in my personal top 10 list but I don't think it is well rounded enough to be #1. The artwork is mediocre at best, there's a cannon blocking the right inlane, the layout is nothing special, there really isn't much for game theme immersion (like LOTR) or callouts, and the song modes aren't really all that interesting or compelling, the wizard mode isn't worth going after either. Really the big thing ACDC has going for it is the rule-set, and in particular the rules surrounding the risk/reward aspect of "song jackpot". Take away "song jackpot" and I wouldn't even rate it in the top 50 games. Lyman's code is what makes it great!

Thats like saying take away Crank it up from Metallica and where would it be? lol

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thats like saying take away Crank it up from Metallica and where would it be? lol

Roughly 11.5 months after release

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Exactly! ACDC and Metallica on early code were both snoozers. lol.. You could re-theme ACDC to the "Golden Girls" and it would still be a fun game based on code alone.

I can't even imagine how awesome a game like TZ would be if Lyman were to re-code it using a modern rule-set!

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Too me all AC/DC was pick a shot make your shot shoot all the shots rinse repeat toss in a couple of multiballs and a useless lower playfield and there you go in Metallica if all you do is bash Sparky you are missing the point completely LOL

yea, you can bash the coffin...or bash the snake...or bash the grave markers....

#68 8 years ago

So sick of bash games. Bashing drop targets, bashing scoop shots, bashing saucer shots, bashing stand up targets, bashing ramps, so goddman boring....it's almost like I'm playing pinball....

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's too much emphasis on the song jackpot which makes all the other jackpots (target, loop, etc) meaningless because they don't score well enough to be noticed. That and some of the songs are just unbalanced for risk vs reward. I wish there was more intermediate goals or completing songs was more valuable than what it is.

Rob

#70 8 years ago

Hate to naysay, but I think METLE is better as a music pin...ACDC is a great pin no doubt, but I was surprised that I liked METLE better...Enjoy though.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's too much emphasis on the song jackpot which makes all the other jackpots (target, loop, etc) meaningless because they don't score well enough to be noticed. That and some of the songs are just unbalanced for risk vs reward. I wish there was more intermediate goals or completing songs was more valuable than what it is.
Rob

Target/lanes/loop cannon shots are awesome especially if you get them all rolling with some 2x and 3x scoring; you can get some serious points and satisfying bonerfied shooting fun.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I suppose you havent reached the supers that often for the multiballs then. I have routinely scored 75-80mil+ supers by playing out the multiballs well with the playfield multiplier.

All these people saying that ACDC is only about the song jackpot havent even begun to scratch the surface of the ruleset. There is a lot more to do then just play hells bells & score a big song jackpot.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So sick of bash games. Bashing drop targets, bashing scoop shots, bashing saucer shots, bashing stand up targets, bashing ramps, so goddman boring....it's almost like I'm playing pinball....

Hah! If redundant flow killing work is pinball then lets bash some shit!

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I agree. It's a one trick pony.-albeit a fun pony! When I play it I disregard 95% of the software (and most of the songs) and just focus on the most lucrative part. Stern Mustang is similar. It's all about building up your Gears multiball and cashing out big jackpots.-A ton of fun but it makes these games kind of one dimensional. It kind of reminds me of the System 11 days which centered around huge jackpots which made regular mode scoring rather meaningless. Rule-sets are going away from the more balanced rules of the 90's and 00's and going back to the extremely fun but imbalanced days of System 11.

#75 8 years ago

Owned a AC/DC premium, fun game but it wore thin after a while. Music based pins don't keep my attention oddly enough. And I'm a gigantic Ritchie fan. To each their own, I suppose.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Target/lanes/loop cannon shots are awesome especially if you get them all rolling with some 2x and 3x scoring; you can get some serious points and satisfying bonerfied shooting fun.

That stuff kind of goes hand in hand with the "Hells Bells" VIP pass strategy. I have a hard time picking any other song before going into a multiball because it gives you the control to keep those 2x and 3x scoring going for as long as your VIP's last. There are a couple other songs like "War Machine" that can help build things up before a multiball but the majority of the songs aren't really all that useful.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I agree. It's a one trick pony.-albeit a fun pony! When I play it I disregard 95% of the software (and most of the songs) and just focus on the most lucrative part. Stern Mustang is similar. It's all about building up your Gears multiball and cashing out big jackpots.-A ton of fun but it makes these games kind of one dimensional. It kind of reminds me of the System 11 days which centered around huge jackpots which made regular mode scoring rather meaningless. Rule-sets are going away from the more balanced rules of the 90's and 00's and going back to the extremely fun but imbalanced days of System 11.

I play mustang to see how far in drift mode I can get and if I can get silverball stampede going. So I use my super skill shots to build mini gear shift mb's which I in turn use to stack with modes. Sometimes I play for a multiball madness feel of a game and go for gearshift6 but the risk of getting gear5 and 6 is too great to typically go for it on a consistent basis. Doesn't sound to linear to me; and ACDC has much much more lucrative scoring and playing methods than mustang. So perhaps linear is in the eye of the beholder

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I play mustang to see how far in drift mode I can get and if I can get silverball stampede going. So I use my super skill shots to build mini gear shift mb's which I in turn use to stack with modes. Sometimes I play for a multiball madness feel of a game and go for gearshift6 but the risk of getting gear5 and 6 is too great to typically go for it on a consistent basis. Doesn't sound to linear to me; and ACDC has much much more lucrative scoring and playing methods than mustang. So perhaps linear is in the eye of the beholder

You won't get any argument from me. I love both Mustang and ACDC! I just don't think their rulesets are as balanced as games like SM or LOTR which kind of force you to play everything well and actually encourage you to play the modes. I think Mustang is kind of a middle ground vs. Acdc. With that being said I think imbalanced scoring which requires work to setup can be a lot of fun and I love the risk/reward aspect of it.

#79 8 years ago

Tron > LOTR > Metallica > AC-DC Premium or LE > IM > SM > TSPP

#80 8 years ago

Blue Beluga burgers are the bestest!

1 year later
#81 7 years ago

AC/DC vault with LCD will be announced in next few weeks. If your after an AC/DC get your coin ready.

#82 7 years ago

I asked my 11 year old which game he likes better. He told me he likes them both. (Between AC/DC and WoZ) and he couldn't even give me a response other than I like them both. Completely different and both are Awesome in their own way.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

AC/DC vault with LCD will be announced in next few weeks. If your after an AC/DC get your coin ready.

I hope your are right!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-is-the-greatest-pinball-of-all-time/page/2?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.