You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
20150317_230546.jpg
image.jpg
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Is AC/DC premium NIB a good choice and what is a fair price point lately? I know there are previous posts similar to this but would like to know the latest opinions, especially about price

Looking to get one last machine to go with my Trek so I can't mess this up.

TGIPinside members, your thoughts are usually right on......

COS

#2 9 years ago

The latest opinions are the same as the older opinions. ACDC is one of the greatest pins ever made.

#3 9 years ago

Cool. It seems pretty damn hard to find too, I guess that says it all..

#4 9 years ago

Where are you going to find an ACDC Premiun NIB now? If you can find one at a non inflated price then quit wasting time and buy it now!

Rob

#5 9 years ago

I see that now for sure. But there are a couple out there at about 7K lightly used. That may be my best option. Really want someone to confirm 7K is the right price and the game doesn't get old fast for that kind of dough..

COS

#6 9 years ago

ACDC is one of the greatest . One of the most popular games in my collection and it will never leave.

#7 9 years ago

Wife's favorite game. Did a temp-swap for a Metallica and got in trouble.
AC/DC is back now and probably to stay.

great pin. Each song is a different set of rules. Fantastic programming and great sound from that big speaker. Plus its different enough from Star Trek even though it's another Steve Ritchie game.

#8 9 years ago

Price wise for a premium NIB is costly these days. I called around to most distributors in the US December 2014 looking for a NIB LUCI. Only one distributor had 1. I took it, it cost me too. I paid $7500 for it. Do I regret it, nope. It'd be the last game to leave my collection at this point. I simply love it.

They are not showing up with great frequency, but HUO maybe with a few mod Premiums seem to be going for $5600-$6400. I guess it just depends on how bad you want one.

There were a lot of these made....yet still so few pop up for sale, same with Metallica premiums. Good luck on your hunt.

#9 9 years ago

If you missed the boat & didn't pick one up in the last 3 years,it may suck to be you. I still say it.....Funnest pin ever!!

#10 9 years ago

FF and Joel exactly what I needed to know. Sounds like the perfect machine to go with my Trek and I love the music so that's a done deal. Either way this tips it for me. I have room for one more so this will be it. So I'm off to make some offers, hope I can get in less than 7K delivered for slightly HUO. I'll let you guys know when I make the kill, shoot the thrill...

COS

#11 9 years ago

Not a good decision...

a GREAT decision!

#12 9 years ago

You will not regret it. Best pin ever. And yep, it is very different to startrek so they can easily be combined in a small gameroom

#13 9 years ago

Doesn't make sense to buy NIB if you can get a home use only one with limited plays on it.

I am surprised you would need to spend close to 7k.. I didnt realize prices have jumped so much.. I would put in a WTB ad and search around, you should be able to do better.

Color DMD just made this game real hot...

#14 9 years ago

ACDC Premium... where to begin...

how about with: AWESOME.

Mods available for this game take it from great to amazing. Absolutely fantastic game...very original code...dots are great (even better with ColorDMD)...

It's a home run.

#15 9 years ago

You would have been much better off knowing that you just have to have one about 6 months ago. Because when they went out of production, their value has increased pretty significantly. But like any newer Stern, price increases are always tenuous with the specter of VE's.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

ACDC Premium... where to begin...
how about with: AWESOME.
Mods available for this game take it from great to amazing. Absolutely fantastic game...very original code...dots are great (even better with ColorDMD)...
It's a home run.

Could not agree more!
Good luck finding one OP.

#17 9 years ago

I would think you could find a nice example under $6k. If not it looks like I got mine at the right time

#18 9 years ago

6k.days are long gone. Color dmd will help inflate price even more but the main reason is the game is just so much fun. It always leaves you wanting to play or hit start one more time.

#19 9 years ago

I was stunned how fast the AC/DC Premiums dried up, also with so many produced so few come up for sale... Speaks volumes on how good the game is! Get one and bolt it to the floor

#20 9 years ago

May not be a Premium, but I have to chime in here. I have my Pro on the way this upcoming week, and I've already bought the Premium train, the Shoot to Thrill cannon mod, 2 amplifiers for a metallik-like installation, and I have many more things headed this way. This is one of the new ones with LEDs and Bell already installed, so hey - those two tasks are already done for me .

#21 9 years ago

Yea I am jonesing for a Premium as well. Dammit

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yea I am jonesing for a Premium as well. Dammit

You missed a good chance with the two-fer offer I made you.

#23 9 years ago

Ugh so true! Then again you're heart wasn't in that offer but yea, I missed out for sure.

#24 9 years ago

Play better!

#25 9 years ago

I know I'm in the minority, but I bought a ACDC premium NIB, only lasted a month. I don't see the appeal of it.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You will not regret it. Best pin ever. And yep, it is very different to startrek so they can easily be combined in a small gameroom

Incredible. Thanks for all the responses. I would love to find one around 6K, so I suppose the search begins.....

COS

#27 9 years ago

Or you could save the 6k and play some ACDC music while you play other pins. Pandora is free.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

I know I'm in the minority, but I bought a ACDC premium NIB, only lasted a month. I don't see the appeal of it.

Or you could save the 6k and play some ACDC music while you play other pins. Pandora is free.

If you just bought and sold your ACDC because you only used it for a jukebox, you're missing out.

#29 9 years ago

Not a good purchase....the best purchase you can make pinball machine wise. Just the fact how hard it is to get should be a good indicator!!!!! Play better!!!

#30 9 years ago

I took delivery of an AC/DC premium on Monday. It was new in box. I looked for quite a while online to find it. I checked every site that was listed on Stern's website and only found 1 and bought it. I paid MSRP. I had no idea they were going to stop making them at the end of last year. I didn't plan on buying it now but I wanted NIB so went for it. I really like it and glad I found one.

#31 9 years ago

I heard a rumor of new code to fix the Hells Bells scoring loophole. Personally Im waiting to see if its true before pulling the trigger and I would advise the same.

Cons:
-drains out of the pops (results vary)
-same backhand-able left plastic ramp as Trek
-same left orbit spinner as Trek
-same lockdown fire button as Trek

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I heard a rumor of new code to fix the Hells Bells scoring loophole. Personally Im waiting to see if its true before pulling the trigger and I would advise the same.
Cons:
-drains out of the pops (results vary)
-same backhand-able left plastic ramp as Trek
-same left orbit spinner as Trek
-same lockdown fire button as Trek

Forgot:

Not the same lame ass Star Trek code!

#33 9 years ago

In my opinion, you need to have a few great games on this machine before you start to see the light that is ACDC.
I find the most rewarding games that I have on mine come from accomplishing the right shots while in each of the various multi balls. Not only qualifying and starting them, but doing well on each of them.
That's when you unlock some of the larger cannon fired jackpot shots and the adrenaline really starts to mess with your ability to make the next shot(s).

Those of you who think this game is a jukebox are really missing out.

#34 9 years ago

I enjoy playing ACDC prem. on location and regret not picking up a premium NIB. It's a great game. When Luci was released a lot of HUO premiums hit the maket selling in the mid $5ks. IMO the last few Stern models haven't been that great and have driven up the prices of this title. Great game pick one up if you can find a willing seller. Or maybe someday a ACDCPREMVE will be released. Damm I want one of these!

#35 9 years ago

I love my Acdc premium, it's fantastic as it comes, but so many mods available that as time goes by start modding it with color DMD, shaker, etc.. also song mods this game truly may never get old.

I know people will fight me on this, but I'd say if Stern has a 'TZ' in it's catalogue (I mean a perfect game that you can also mod like crazy), than AcDc premium would be 'Stern's TZ'

I also have many nice pins like STLE, Tron, SM, IM that I like as well. But in a small collection the variety offered by AcDc premium is hard to beat.

If I had to sell my collection, AcDc would be one of the last to go.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If you just bought and sold your ACDC because you only used it for a jukebox, you're missing out.

No, I bought it to play pinball. But when that turned out to be quite sucky, I sold it to make room for a better pinball machine, Secret Service

#37 9 years ago

ACDC is great. Keeper , sits beside MET with my Led Zeplin conversion.

#38 9 years ago

Great Code,Great Design,Best FkN Game, Luci is Stunning !

#39 9 years ago

Best money i ever spent in my life= ACDC premium

#40 9 years ago

No, I bought it to play pinball. But when that turned out to be quite sucky, I sold it to make room for a better pinball machine, Secret Service

Like NBA Fastbreak??
Wow you do have discriminating taste in pinball machines!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 9 years ago

I'll be the first to admit: I did not see that coming.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Like NBA Fastbreak??
Wow you do have discriminating taste in pinball machines!
image.jpg

I'm actually selling my nba fastbreak, so talk to the purchaser about that.

But I will say you must have one hell of a collection with 2 pins that aren't even made, and may never be made, in it. Would you like to buy my NBA fastbreak to play pins in real life?

#43 9 years ago

I'm actually selling my nba fastbreak, so talk to the purchaser about that.
But I will say you must have one hell of a collection with 2 pins that aren't even made, and may never be made, in it. Would you like to buy my NBA fastbreak to play pins in real life?

Sorry I havnt updated my collection here on Pinside but rest assured I own games that are not Vaporware

#44 9 years ago

Phew, well thanks for keeping me updated on your collection, I was worried about your +20K investment. (Not sarcasm)

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

6k.days are long gone. Color dmd will help inflate price even more but the main reason is the game is just so much fun. It always leaves you wanting to play or hit start one more time.

Long gone? The game has been selling in the mid 5s and slowly creeping down. Heck, a NIB Luci was available on pinside for 6500 just 2 months ago. And Refinery was trying to unload one of their heavily mod'd versions for 6600.

The latest ColorDMD news will boost interest.. but HUO should be in the mid to upper 5s. Not much reason to pay NIB prices on NLA when there are plenty of HUOs out there that have been babied.

This is no longer NIB vs routed games... tons of HUO princesses out there now on all titles being made.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Long gone? The game has been selling in the mid 5s and slowly creeping down. Heck, a NIB Luci was available on pinside for 6500 just 2 months ago. And Refinery was trying to unload one of their heavily mod'd versions for 6600. Tons of HUO princesses out there now on all titles being made.

Wicked Flynn, thanks man. From your comments and others here, and my experience in buying machines in the past I think that 5-6K for a HUO Premium is more than fair. Especially for a cash transaction without seller fees like Fleebay.. Since I am looking for a machine that is 100% functional and not 100% perfect under a microscope I can't see paying close to NIB prices. Would like the color DMD too but can mod it myself if need be.

Definitely still interested as most comments here leave no doubt in my mind that it kicks a$$.. so anyone with a decent HUO in the 5-6K range feel free to PM me. I'll pick up within 200 or so miles of ATL.

COS

#47 9 years ago

Also, from what I can find online there should be more than 5000 pro, premium, LE, and other SE's produced. If not more. So scarcity shouldn't be an issue, only that it's a great game and most plan to keep it I suppose... CoS

#48 9 years ago

Since Stern has slowed or stopped ACDC production we've seen Star Trek, Mustang, TWD, and WWE. Current opinions on those are mixed (to say the least.) Until the next ACDC, MET, or Tron hit the market, I don't see any incentive for ACDC owners to drop prices.

I dunno about 5k made but I would agree there are a lot of ACDCs out there. Get one and enjoy

#49 9 years ago

I had a buddy that visited Stern and one of the workers claimed they had built over 7k of them in total for all models. Who knows if that is true, but I am pretty sure it is probably Sterns best selling game of the last decade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-good-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.