Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by FrostyMug
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
gauntlet-thrown-down_(resized).jpg
10-ways-to-blow-your-cash-before-the-apocalypse_(resized).jpg
wall_street_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

It seems like NIB prices being up in combination newb demand is driving up prices on all games. I really did not expect another boom this quick after a noticeable ebb in the last 1.5 years.

#52 2 years ago

I wish there were rumors about new ACDC code coming. Just wishful thinking.......

Rob

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish there were rumors about new ACDC code coming. Just wishful thinking.......
Rob

I know right... its all ready a awesome and sought after pin so imagine if it had a complete code . I mean look what amazing code did to met and twd ....

#54 2 years ago

People said IM would NEVER be remade, swore up and down it was impossible.

Fun fact, Stern did remake IM and (some say) better than the original for $4700

But then Stern must have seen the light, SM was $6700 and if they remake Tron, LOTR, TSPP, ACDC premium I'd bet they're going to cost more than some people would like to pay, like SMVE.

#55 2 years ago

Buy with confidence from Buddy. Great Seller!

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

People said IM would NEVER be remade, swore up and down it was impossible.
Fun fact, Stern did remake IM.....

There is a big big big difference! Stern and AcDc's representatives walked away in a huge fued at the license renew meeting. They really pissed eachother off. From what I heard it probably will never cool off on both sides, they are done so stick a fork in it

There are 171Luci's in the entire world. Less Luci's were made than any other LE (like BIB or LTBR)! Do not count on that changing anytime in our lifetimes imo!

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

There is a big big big difference! Stern and AcDc's representatives walked away in a huge fued at the license renew meeting. They really pissed eachother off. From what I heard it probably will never cool off on both sides, they are done so stick a fork in it
There are 171Luci's in the entire world. Less Luci's were made than any other LE (like BIB or LTBR)! Do not count on that changing anytime in our lifetimes imo!

Any idea on the number of MetPre Roadcase's built?
I'm guessing it has to be somewhere in this range too.

#58 2 years ago

ACDC VE is likely cooked, but could happen. I think the main point is how much it would cost if it did happen. ACDC license is going to cost a lot more then IM cost and Tron, FG, BTDK or LOTR in the future to redo anyway. Like Rai was saying IM VE was was priced reasonable, as it should have been, but Stern really pushed SM VE pricing. They had to add Siderails and shaker after the announcement to calm Pinside down.

Will Stern push the pricing again on ACDC if there is ever a deal? Once again - if there is a deal. Hell yeah! LUCis will be $7700-$8000 street I bet and if they do regular premiums they will be over $7000 stock for sure. Hell, GB Premium has black Siderails now.

I wish the days of IM VE pricing at $4700 would have lasted, but they are gone. Something to think about when a HUO ACDC pops up for $6300 stock

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

We are seeing some $6400 AMH sit and not sell.

That's because the game is a total turd.

#61 2 years ago

Thats a routed pin with no upgrades and a odd color apron lol. Look how cloudy the pop area flasher insert is and the play field window. Not a bad deal if thats what u want .

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

Any idea on the number of MetPre Roadcase's built?
I'm guessing it has to be somewhere in this range too.

No I am sorry I do not. I can try and ask my friend. He works for a Michigan company that does work for Stern. I have to be careful because I do not want to get the Stern person in trouble that he speaks with during the course of business. That is how I learned only 171 Luci's exist. Stern wanted to run the rest and did try to negotiate two different renewels I am told. One to finish the buildout of Luci (rumor is 230 cabinet decals sets were received) and one extension for the entire AcDc line with potential future new models(It is top secret what they were, I have no clue). Anyway, story goes Stern was shocked at the renewel price. Both sides never even came close to middle ground and a deal. Stern was really pissed they could not finish the Luci run. They had every intention of making sure the LE owners had the rarest acdc title quantities. Luci being more rare is a fluke and I myself believe it is not fair to LE owners...even though I own a Luci...no matter, it's just wrong!

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats a routed pin with no upgrades and a odd color apron lol. Look how cloudy the pop area flasher insert is and the play field window. Not a bad deal if thats what u want .

Here's a decent indicator of how far the market has risen: $6.3K gets you a routed Premium with no mods. You buy it and add the most popular mods, and you'll be sitting on a routed pin with about $7K-plus invested.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

damn........!

gauntlet-thrown-down_(resized).jpg

#65 2 years ago

I don't think it looks that bad. If it were local to me I would definitely go check it out and see if he would negotiate a little.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Could not sell my friends at Expo in Chicago for 5500 then last day 5k. I really wanted it gone so I coukd bring a pin back for myself but no buyers.

#67 2 years ago

Sold my nicely modded one recently for $7500.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here's a decent indicator of how far the market has risen: $6.3K gets you a routed Premium with no mods. You buy it and add the most popular mods, and you'll be sitting on a routed pin with about $7K-plus invested.

If I move the 475 Total Rock Concert and other Hemi mods I could get much closer to stock for 7k. I know people have wanted the apron for up to 400. Just trying to keep intact so someone can get one of the best version ever.

#69 2 years ago

what do you guys think of this as a possible trade.....

HUO acdc reg premium for a HUO MET premium?

would that be a pretty even trade? or add a lil cash to either game?

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Wow....... 29 less than LTBR. IMO not even close to being as nice and. Time will tell but I am 100% positive that they wont be making any more LEs.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

AC/DC is perhaps Stern's best selling title ever? MET needs to bring cash.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

AC/DC is perhaps Stern's best selling title ever? MET needs to bring cash.

LOL!

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I'd want cash on top if i was the ACDC owner. Met premiums are still available NIB

#74 2 years ago

ok.... good to know, thanks for the info

Quoted from smassa:

I'd want cash on top if i was the ACDC owner. Met premiums are still available NIB

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

When you guys say cash on top from the Met owner...whatcha thinking, how much? Like $500? Or more? Just curious since I try to stay tuned in to matket values of pins for future reference

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

When you guys say cash on top from the Met owner...whatcha thinking, how much? Like $500? Or more? Just curious since I try to stay tuned in to matket values of pins for future reference

If both are pretty much stock i'd want about 1k

#77 2 years ago

I don't really know about the value of Met vs AcDc premium. But I suspect that *A LOT* of people are happy with Met pro (probably the best pro to date not counting GB since the jury is still out on the premium). So that people are more willing to keep and mod a pro than actually go looking to upgrade to Metallica premium.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

They are both valued similar. If you are tired of acdc and want to trade it out then just make the trade. It is just one great game for another. MET still is in production though and the Pro plays great. Something to think about before you trade.

#79 2 years ago

Hey...you guys think Met pro is faster than ACDC pro? I have not played Met pro yet. Or do you think its about a tie?

Tell you what...I really miss my JM because of the speed. Man did the ball fly fast if you got the loopin timed right with the flipper buttons! Miss that pin...sold it 4 weeks ago thinking no big deal. Maybe Acdc pro, Met pro and JM are the fastest pins made to date!!!

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Hey...you guys think Met pro is faster than ACDC pro? I have not played Met pro yet. Or do you think its about a tie?
Tell you what...I really miss my JM because of the speed. Man did the ball fly fast if you got the loopin timed right with the flipper buttons! Miss that pin...sold it 4 weeks ago thinking no big deal. Maybe Acdc pro, Met pro and JM are the fastest pins made to date!!!

JM is super fast... so is IM.

#81 2 years ago

My acdc pro hauls ass, however my taxi with cpr playfield is the fastest machine I have ever played. Faster than IM!

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I have a Met Pro and have owned an AC/DC Pro in the past. I think ACDC is faster.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I have a Met Pro and have owned an AC/DC Pro in the past. I think ACDC is faster.

How is that TF you have? Not just speed, but over all?

#84 2 years ago

One in Iowa went for $4000... The bottom is dropping out on this title. Sell now while you can get anything for them. $2500 by Christmas!!

#85 2 years ago

I heard the rerun will be Luci. We ll know soon...

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

How is that TF you have? Not just speed, but over all?

I like it a lot actually, but you definitely have to be in the mood to play it, you can have some marathon games. It's funny because the layout on it is incredibly similar to Metallica but since the code is nothing like it the game plays completely different. It doesn't hurt that I'm a huge Transformers fan. Also, I'd say it's my most popular game with guests by far as well.

#87 2 years ago

This pin isn't as desirable to me since Axl joined the band.

#88 2 years ago

What you don't like AxlDc??

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I heard the rerun will be Luci. We ll know soon...

Let me guess. You heard it on Pinside? Lol

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

This pin isn't as desirable to me since Axl joined the band.

You know what's funny?

I was changing some songs this was 2 years ago and I didn't really like:
RNR Train
Rosie
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to be.

I replaced those songs with:
Nightrain (Night Train)
You Could be Mine
Hair of the Dog (GNR cover)

little did I know how closely I was sticking with the AcDc wheelhouse.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Lol......You must be young because you sound ridiculous......Let me explain you a lesson that maybe your daddy never taught you.......This is America son and here in America, money rules the land and when there is money to be made, you can bet on it!

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Lol......You must be young because you sound ridiculous......Let me explain you a lesson that maybe your daddy never taught you.......This is America son and here in America, money rules the land and when there is money to be made, you can bet on it!

Lol. The only thing you could teach me is how to be an idiot. Since I am not interested in being a babbling fool idiot, do not waste your time! In addition, what my daddy tought me is my business. Also, what your mommy taught me is my business as well!

#93 2 years ago

You show how little you know. When your worth hundreds of millions of dollars, a few hundred thousand or less is nothing and it can be worth a lot more than money to prove who has the power. AC/DC will never talk to Stern again and they just proved this when the pulled the plug with a C/D order on Stern/Farsight Studios version of AC/DC.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

they just proved this when the pulled the plug with a C/D order on Stern/Farsight Studios version of AC/DC.

Source?

The kickstarter was to get funds for the license and it was cancelled because funds were received by different means.

Rob

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Source?
The kickstarter was to get funds for the license and it was cancelled because funds were received by different means.
Rob

It says the Pinball Arcade AC/DC will go into immediate development.
https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

You show how little you know. When your worth hundreds of millions of dollars, a few hundred thousand or less is nothing and it can be worth a lot more than money to prove who has the power. AC/DC will never talk to Stern again and they just proved this when the pulled the plug with a C/D order on Stern/Farsight Studios version of AC/DC.

So when it happens down the road what will you say???? In business everything can be worked out, you should know this Ice.......or maybe you just don't want to hear it. People die, other people lose their jobs, things change............never say never, you will always be wrong. That is not me talking, that is the law of the universe.

#97 2 years ago

Good quote. "The law of the Universe."

Make me think of Futurama.

#98 2 years ago

So when it happens down the road what will you say???? In business everything can be worked out, you should know this Ice.......or maybe you just don't want to hear it. People die, other people lose their jobs, things change............never say never, you will always be wrong. That is not me talking, that is the law of the universe.

I'm curious how many you think Stern would sell at the new premium price point of 7k? This isn't Iron Man where there was a huge shortage of a game they only made just over 1200 units. This is the best selling Stern ever, Most people that wanted one probably already have one. I doubt it would be worth paying the extra money to get the license back to make a few hundred more. Stern doesn't look like they need anything extra to keep the lines moving.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'm curious how many you think Stern would sell at the new premium price point of 7k? This isn't Iron Man where there was a huge shortage of a game they only made just over 1200 units. This is the best selling Stern ever, Most people that wanted one probably already have one. I doubt it would be worth paying the extra money to get the license back to make a few hundred more. Stern doesn't look like they need anything extra to keep the lines moving.

I was never one who believed Stern would make it tomorrow or wanted to for that matter. Given the issues with the license and popularity of their current titles, this would be a game to be revisited a few years from now. By that time the demand would be enough to make the financials work. I think by then, they could easily sell 2-3000......Imagine if they went LCD???? I am amazed how many new players this hobby adds per year......This game has become Sterns modern day MM. Go to an ACDC concert, there are a lot of young kids, including my nephews.........Rock themed pinball has the ability to add demand and new players for years to come.........Timeless! The resolution to this dispute will not be about Stern or ACDC, it will be about the fans and getting ACDC music and pinball out to a new audience.

#100 2 years ago

I think the market has been set AC DC Luci= new in box Hobbit LE. Deal done in less than one day.

Adjust other models accordingly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Redding, CA
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sedro-woolley, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside