AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1387 5 years ago

Joined the club today!

1118180230a (resized).jpg1118180230a (resized).jpg
#1389 5 years ago

So after spending some considerable time on this the last few days a few observations...

1. Holy *%#! does it drain the middle a lot. Especially the bell, or just coming off the pop bumpers with nothing you can do to prevent it. This seems like a pretty bad design flaw. I read back about the spring wire thing on the pros...I wonder why they didn't include that on the other models, or make it available at least.

2. The cannon. Why did they not at least make a little variety and have you shoot the bell or TNT or the lightning bolts for those modes? (I know you can, but you don't get anything for it). At least in some cases it does have you aim for something other than the lightning target.

3. If you hit the bell multiple times too quickly it won't register.

4. Never realized how long AC/DC intros are until you play this game over and over and drain before the first verse is over or sometimes even started.

2 weeks later
#1397 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what this is?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#1409 5 years ago

My experience is it feels less about skill and more about luck. The number of shots that lead to a direct drain is maddening at times. It doesn't matter what angle you hit something at or if you hit it or biff it, if it doesn't bounce back toward your flippers, it is heading for an out lane. Conversely, If you don't 'biff' the bell shot a bit so that it bounces off something before coming back down (or put it all the way through) it's coming down the middle drain. The cannon is horrid as well, it hits, bounces to the other side, bounces off that side and back to the left drain. This probably is great for routes, but it is maddening for home use. I imagine most of the really high scores you see are people who hold the ball for every shot...which gets boring real fast.

And yes, my game is leveled and angled properly. I've seen some people talk about this game requires nudging...which may be the case, but I don't tend to do that much.

All that, I really enjoy this game...the damn bell hit is so satisfying...maybe the most satisfying shot of any game I've played...now if they would add a magnet timer so it doesn't swing for 30 seconds after the hit.

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

At least with the latest firmware update, you can set the game for 10 balls which is what I've been doing.... I'm not competing, just want to advance the game

10 balls?? Blashpemy. You're going to hell.

#1430 5 years ago

Also check the height of the AC/DC drop targets. They are adjustable up and down by a few screws underneath. If when 'down' they aren't level or above the pf the ball tends to get stuck there.

EDITED: changed below to above

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

hey guys , stupid question : when does the band members start moving , specific song ?
looks like it it working
thanks

Band should move during multiball (honestly don't really know if it is all multiball modes or not as I usually don't even notice).

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

On my premium, the band moves during Tour Multiball, but not Album or Jam multiballs.

What version? I'm on 1.65 and they move during Jam and Album - I rarely get tour mb.

#1471 5 years ago

Okay I need some advice. I went through the process of leveling the pf top to bottom shortly after I got it to try to get past the SDTM from the pop bumpers. What this required was raising the front/rear right side feet about a quarter inch higher than the left which seems like way too much. It is very noticeable by the cabinet that you can actually tell that it is like that.

After playing with it for some time like this I still get way too many SDTM from the bumpers (I even have a rubber on that left post), and additionally I get quite a few cannon shots that land above the targets so they don't go down. Additionally many times after a shot if it does get to the flippers before the cannon is back in it's starting place the ball will hit the cannon.

All of this leads me to believe that having it 'level' is really making the PF twist causing these other issues.

Am I off here, or is this normal expected behavior. I've made adjustments here and there to try to compensate, but nothing seems to work. Is it just how this game is?

I know left to right is pretty darn level because the ball will actually hit a post and stay there...but it feels like level is the wrong setting for this game.

I know people say this game is hard...I don't think hard is the right word. There are so many instances where I don't even get an opportunity to touch the ball when it drains.

#1489 5 years ago

I don't really get what is being shown. Just looks darker (and I'm assuming the camera is the culprit here). You might want to explain what exactly you are showing.

#1498 5 years ago

Actually..that's not a bad idea. It might cost a bit, but making a whole new piece that looks like an amp wouldn't be that hard.

1 week later
#1512 5 years ago

I get 7-9million for each lower pf game. I've never understood the hate of the lpf on this game. The rules for it aren't hard and getting those consecutive loops are not too easy.

#1532 5 years ago

4 is my top, normally I am just trying to get multiballs. Otherwise I can't keep a ball from draining for more than 20-30 seconds.

#1536 5 years ago

One thing I've noticed in watching videos of people play this game for score is the constant ball cradling for multiple seconds for every shot. Such a boring way to play...probably why I don't do that great.

1 week later
#1566 5 years ago

Aren't the factory rubbers all black? (besides flippers). I think mine have only been changed once, if ever.

#1598 5 years ago

double post

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Just opened my AC/DC Luci vault, started up underworld mini play field mode, only to find no ball was installed
Is this how the game is supposed to be shipped to customers?
Fortunately in my limited tool box selection, I found the correct security screw bit and removed the plastic off the mini play field, dropped a new ball in and game is fine now

Yes for shipping/moving. The older machines you actually put it in thru the bottom.

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think 6x is possible.
3x playfield combined with a 2x Super Lanes shot, during Tour and Album.
Not many people seem to know this and I have never done it or don't know how to set it up.
Anyone?

From what I've read and experienced they do not stack. You hit the bell so many times to get 2x, then so many more times (while 2x is still lit) to get 3x, and then you keep hitting the bell to keep 3x lit.

What you CAN get is 3x and super (double?) loops/lanes/targets which is essentially 6x.

#1611 5 years ago

I posted this earlier but apparently I deleted the wrong one - is anyone aware of a shorter path to an extra ball light? I was playing the other night and I got an extra ball on ball 1 and was only at about 15m when it happened. It lit really fast and as far as I could tell I hadn't done 30 combos or whatever is required to get it. Maybe I did and didn't realize it, but it makes more sense that I hit some other way to do it.

1 month later
#1676 5 years ago

Been any word on updated code? I've been holding out.

2 weeks later
#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Oh snap, Fu*:+ng awesome!
[quoted image]

I found this by accident a few months ago too. Kinda cool.

#1727 5 years ago

I find it hard enough to just keep the ball alive long enough to get too far into the rules. I notice on most of these are people holding the ball on the flipper every shot, that is such a boring way to play.

#1735 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey everyone. I am getting a ball hang up right under the right controlled gate above the top lanes. It does not happen often, but will happen every so often. My tilt is tight, so no shaking it loose without tilting. Anyone have this issue and have a fix? My first thought is put a smaller rubber on that post it's resting on. the gate itself is not holding it there as when the game ball searches, the gate opens, and the ball doesn't move.
Thanks!

Yes I have that issue occasionally. It gets stuck on the gate itself, I don't see that it is resting on anything. It started after I raised the right side a bit to prevent the SDTM drains from the bell area.It doesn't happen very often, but seems to happen at the worst time when it does.

#1754 5 years ago

I thought about getting those, but it looked like flying balls would hit and break them like the cannon? Is that an issue?

2 weeks later
#1796 4 years ago

From what I understand, that isn't going to help at all as the issue isn't on the top of the clearcoat. It's the top of the plastic and bottom of clearcoat - which you cant get to unless you follow what was shown in that other thread.

#1802 4 years ago

Never seen that....does that go over the band?

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Got a quick question here, I saw an original AC/DC last night and it looked to me like the colors on the playfield have faded/lost some of its vibrance? Anyone else notice this on this title or is it just me? Game has been indoors in an arcade for the life of the machine.

If its in an arcade, maybe it's just dirty? I have a 2012 and my colors seem fine.

#1820 4 years ago

I've learned to just kind of tune the songs out over time.

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Wait, what? You want the song jackpots to continue after a drain? That would kill the absolute best feature of AC/DC and that is the risk vs reward strategy. You let the song jackpot carry over from ball to ball it takes all the stress out of trying to get your fire lines completed to cash out on that song jackpot with 2 or 3x going before you drain if you just had a great ball going.

I think he was just referring to the song itself, not the jackpot.

1 week later
#1852 4 years ago

I have found that if I wait to fire the cannon until it is on the return trip I have less issues with it not actually dropping the target.

3 weeks later
#1882 4 years ago

I think it is the best of all the newer Stern band pins. I know lots love Maiden as well, but I just found it clunky.

4 months later
#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I decided to replace the poor led that was in my train. Problem is when putting the machine back together I can’t figure out where the train is supposed to plug back in. I found one spare plug below which is red and black but when plugging in the train light is always on with the GI. I don’t think this is normal. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

IIRC that led isn't a normal led, it's a flashing led or something so replacing it with a normal led won't work. I swear that was talked about somewhere in this thread dozen pages back or so.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pingraffix AC/DC powerbladez ... I love em for this title. They are a yellow flame color and not like the video with a bluish tint. If you like them, you might want to inquire about them.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/ac-dc-or-kiss-pinball-power-bladez-stern-pinball

Yea, but they've been out of stock for a year. I've been waiting and waiting

2 weeks later
#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Excited for the weekend. I'm putting in all the mods I have on hand (except the ones that are already in):
1. Lighted Speaker Kit
2. Speaker Insert Thingies
3. Replacement Lightning Bolts
4. MezelMods Horn Toppers
5. PinWoofer Powered Super Kit
6. Translucent Apron (already in, but I'm going to cut out a couple holes)
7. Lighted Apron Kit (already in, but I'm going to tweak the LED locations)
8. TNT Detonator Lighting
9. Bell Log (already in)
10. Cannon Mod
11. Illuminated Flipper Buttons
12. Shooter Lane protector
13. Cliffy protector
14. Shaker Kit
15. Homemade Dynamite Sticks w/homemade bracket
16. Secret Playfield Toy w/homemade bracket
I have #17 on order, a mini Angus Young SG from ModFather, for above the AC/DC drop targets, but it's not here yet.
Hmmm... So much for slow.
Maybe I'll post a picture Sunday if I get it all done. Especially of #16, which I hope turns out looking awesome.
By the way, I've played the thing a lot, and have yet to see the TNT Plunger thing do anything. When is it supposed to actuate (other than coil test, which does show it works)?
Thanks.

Plunger should fire multiple times when you hit the bullseye behind the drop targets. (I can't remember for sure if it does anything different in TNT song mode versus hitting it any other time).

1 month later
#2368 4 years ago

There's a magnet there?? You'd never know it as it swings free all the time after a hit. That being said, I am sure that hitting the spot bell does make it swing in 1.06 (which is what I'm on).

1 week later
#2409 4 years ago

Don't most of us have the back right leg set higher anyway to reduce SDTM from popper exit/Bell hit?

#2420 4 years ago

I'm usually not a mod person, but for some reason this particular game makes me want to mod it to death

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I opened up my website to allow 5 more orders of this AC/DC cannon mod, if ordered I can have them in about a week or so.
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Shoot-to-Thrill-Mod/p/21791862/category=4730922
For those who placed their orders I will be shipping them out today.
Thanks,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

How hard are these to break?

3 weeks later
#2462 4 years ago

I finished it myself. I just yell out OI! everytime I hit a target.

#2466 4 years ago

I simply do not have that level of OCD

1 week later
#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

About to leave the club! Looks like encore will elude me forever.
Going to trade mine towards a STH LE. It was fun while it lasted though! This is still one of the best games I’ve ever played. Surprised I got 2k games on this thing in just over a year.

Seems like a bad trade lol - also I thought you already had one. On the plus side, there's always lots of AC/DC's to grab later.

3 weeks later
#2494 4 years ago

I'm still like 3 versions back. I don't want to lose the songs I have, and what appear to be custom animations to match(?)

10 months later
#2840 3 years ago

Did they ever update ColorDMD for the new code?

3 weeks later
#2859 3 years ago

It's normal as far as I know. I've always had the same issue. If you hit it hard, it swings forever.

#2861 3 years ago

I know in my case the magnet is working during hells bells.

1 month later
#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wonder what this topper is worth on the market now that topper prices have officially gone nuts?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-matt-mckee-acdc-topper-350-including-shipping

Let me know, I have one

1 month later
#2901 2 years ago

If you have the vault edition, then you can adjust that window with a screwdriver I believe.

#2915 2 years ago

I just went external sub. Cheaper and you can attach multiple games to it at once. I honestly don't see any other real issues iwth the audio quality on this pin. Damn thing shakes my windows. Most people aren't going to have this cranked to 100 while playing.

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

With the Pinnovator PinPAC 2 SAM MAC addition and external self powered sub woofer, I cannot make the volume on my machine above about 50% or it is so loud that the neighborhood outside my house will hear it and people in my house are greatly disturbed. Honestly, at about setting 32, I cannot tell if the shaker vibrates the machine as much as the speakers. And the external sub woofer is only at about 50% of the total range.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/ac-dc-premium/products/pinpac2-mac_sam-headphone-kit-for-stern-sam-systems

That's pretty much me too. I think I keep it at around 45 before people start getting annoyed. I sometimes crank it to 50 or so when I'm home alone.

1 month later
#2930 2 years ago

I haven't played the virtual version, but AC/DC beats TMNT hands down. (at least if you like AC/DC at all). It is a hard game though.

#2936 2 years ago

The pricing of the original Luci and VE Luci are similar but it depends on condition. In some cases people will ask more for the VE simply because they are newer and probably have fewer plays. When I bought mine, I purposely went with an original because I didn't want to deal with the window (I have a HH which has the same style and it is annoying). The trade off is that you can't replace the window on the original. The only other major difference is that the drummer is blacked out on the VE due to that whole fiasco. Small differences in the speaker panel as well.

6 months later
#2993 2 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Not familiar with this band roof. Might be in for one if I can see a picture or two!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/29#post-4750832

3 weeks later
#3030 2 years ago

If it exists, I imagine candy apple red trim would look good (matching the powdercoat)

2 months later
#3108 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Finally joined the club today with this NIB LUCI edition. Been an exciting day for me with Halloween showing up and ACDC!
[quoted image]

Curious is that a old Luci or new Luci?

2 months later
#3168 1 year ago

Does that mean stripping and re-clearing?

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

Doing a playfield swap, to a NOS LE playfield, those had extra clear coat layer and Steve Ritchie signature under it.
Also installing new ramps and plastic set.
Washed harness and cleaning up all assemblies.
Then back on route!

Lol...you know, upon reflection, that was pretty obvious from your pics, but my brain apparently wasn't comprehending what it was seeing this morning.

4 months later
#3204 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Im debating now between the pinball pro backbox speakers with filter for the factory sub, or going with flipper fidelity backbox speakers and a Polk powered 10” sub. Thoughts?

I prefer the polk powered sub because 1. it's cheaper overall and just as effective (if not more) 2. you can double up with another game.

That being said, I have not changed out my back box speakers.

2 months later
#3270 1 year ago

I mean, seems like a pointless endeavor. It amazes me how many people tie their self identity to the ratings.

1 month later
#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I watch a tutorial and Elwin always went for the bell instead of the lit target.

That's what I've always done.

2 months later
#3289 10 months ago

Has anyone ever had their speakers get 'quieter'? The backbox speakers seem to not be as loud as they used to be. Stock speakers with an external sub. (I haven't messed with anything to check yet....trying to figure out if I'm just 'hearing' things.

7 months later
#3329 3 months ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

That wire holds the bulb into the spotlights, so they don't fall out during gameplay.

Now I want to ask what holds that wire in?

#3331 3 months ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

[quoted image]

Okay.....my bulbs don't look like that, nor do they have the wires... is that on the original versions and not the Luci?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.