AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 7 years ago

Can a translucent red apron be found anywhere?

3 weeks later
#372 7 years ago

Anyone wanna sell a McKee topper?

Added over 7 years ago: Located

3 weeks later
#413 7 years ago

IMG_20170203_162624941 (resized).jpgIMG_20170203_162624941 (resized).jpg
Mmmmmm.....

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

My pimped out beauty

Great silhouette shot!

1 month later
#441 7 years ago

I wax the whole playfield.....Right over the window

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wax right over mine to and it's perfectly clear still. I imagine it won't hurt just to skip waxing over the window though just to be safe.

Yeah I had a creech window for a while and waxed that too. I always figured the wax would protect it if anything. Never got cloudy or scratched up.

1 month later
#499 6 years ago

You also like Coldplay.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And you like Taylor Swift. What's your point?

My point is that your musical taste may be questionable

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

wtf ? lol not a chance i like cold play...

LOL, I was trying to quote beetlezoob, but Taylor Swift was playing so loud I lost my train of thought

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Glad you're enjoying it, Gryszzz! Just an FYI: I had the FF kit put in (for some reason I think it's bigger than 8", but I might be wrong), and I hooked up a Polk sub. It really was overkill, and I wound up moving the sub to Tron. Don't miss it on ACDC at all. Have fun, buddy!

AC/DC is actually a 12". I just put in the FF set, plus I remember because it's the same size as......

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm curious what setting everyone is using in the menu for music and voice levels? Seems like my music could be more prominent on mine.

I thought the same, but went back to zero for both values, if I change it either way, one end sounds drowned out.

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's what I recently did to. Still seems like the music should be more prominent though. Maybe I just need to turn volume up and deal with it. What volume are you typically set at for the highest safe point to not damage factory speakers?

Mine is at 47, but I have FF speakers in now.(they sound awesome). I don't think you're gonna damage factory speakers by going too loud, they just lose sound quality at a certain point.

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Never listened to any post 1992 ACDC. War Machine is a pretty good Givin the Dog a Bone pt. II. Rock and Roll Train not bad.

Those are the two songs I wasn't familiar with too, first time I played them I said "wow, how did I miss these"?

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm really diggin em tonight.

You may already know this, but if you hold a flipper button down in attract mode it plays songs in jukebox mode. If you press the fire button on the lockdown bar it switches between am and fm, switching between regular and live recordings

#550 6 years ago

Wait...... You eat asparagus?? I always pictured your fridge containing an open pbr, leftover pizza hut, and a mystery takeout container.

1 week later
#637 6 years ago

Hacked up some old wooden blinds today, added a fake woodgrain and mix of primers/paint and made a hillbilly bell cover!

IMG_20170524_205111301 (resized).jpgIMG_20170524_205111301 (resized).jpg

#667 6 years ago

I put my cliffies on this morning. Holy Hell.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Issue is the translite. I don't even technically use the ACDC logo on it, but I'm not gonna fight Stern over it. They're just doing their job, I have no malice in my heart towards them for asking me to stop advertising it.
Just PM me if you're looking for one, I'll always try and help out.
As for the lower playfield, I did pull mine and scan it and messed with a template for it, but then I got side tracked by Alien. Now that I'm disentangling myself from all that maybe I'll revisit the idea after I finish this Metallica mod. I have some thoughts for how I could do it, have to find a printer who could handle it.
I'm definitely enjoying working on my own projects again, so you never know.

Stop typing and make Metallica mods!!!

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dumb question...where does the #1, 3" rubber go? Looking at manual, a lot of numbers are not on diagram. Where in the hell does a 3" rubber go?

On a 3" Johnson? Not that I would know.....

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

UPDATE: this club still sucks.

Hey, look..... A door!
Don't let it hit you in the ass on your way out!

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Seriously...this looks great man! What's the angle of wood for though? Confused on that. Don't these just adhere to the metal? Thanks again homie.

Yes, the white piece of wood was just to ship it without it coming apart

1 week later
#744 6 years ago

Anybody have a red translucent apron for sale?

#748 6 years ago

I love you guys

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I just bought a red translucent apron for wife for Christmas 2017 and 2018.

Pics or it didn't happen!

3 months later
#804 6 years ago

Finally took the time to remove the lower pf and give it a proper cleaning. Aaaah. Much better.

IMG_20171013_085748285 (resized).jpgIMG_20171013_085748285 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171013_085744696 (resized).jpgIMG_20171013_085744696 (resized).jpg

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How was it? I'm thinking after 12k plays, mine definitely needs it.

It is really very easy. The plugs are pretty much only gonna fit where they belong, but being me, I labelled each side just so I couldn't screw up. About 6 connectors. Once it's off it is so much easier to clean right and adjust those damned stand-ups. I had done it before with all the wires connected and holding the mini pf with one hand. This was much better and only took a few minutes. Now that they are labeled I will be more likely to do it again when it needs it.

1 week later
#819 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've been playing everyday since I've picked this game up and a few thoughts and comments and questions.
First off this game rocks! The theme is executed perfectly. Fast and fun. Love struggling to hold on, hitting the cannon ramp and getting a tiny break to regather myself for more fury.
I really enjoy playing different songs to change up how you play. I have my favorites but like mixing it up.
I like how it still kicks my ass. I can have a 100+ mil game and follow it up with a 10 mil game.
But I think what grabs me most is how every song has it's own high score. As a high score pig I love entering my initials and love trying to take down previous scores. Adds another level of challenge and one more game feel when you come oh so close.
Here's my issues and hopefully there are fixes or maybe just bugs?
1. The bell. Damn thing swings like crazy. Hit it hard and swings for like 30 sec and no other hits register as a hit until it slows down again.
2. Highway to hell. You shoot the cannon. It activates the lower playfield. After the lower is finished the cannon goes and randomly fires the cannon at the tnt targets. Makes it not worth the risk for something that doesn't score much.
3. haabptb. Again I like to play a song that activates the lower playfield but it shouldn't take away your ball save. The ball save should start after playing the lower playfield. Makes me not want to ever play that song when you end up with 300,000 measily points after a cheap drain.
Now my biggest question is, Are there magnets in the game? I was told no but when on the stern site going thru the differences in the premium to le models it mentions something about the bell being magnatized. Is it? I'm using silverjet super shiny balls and they aren't magnatized. Maybe that's why my bell doesn't stop?
These are all minor and really enjoy the game. Have only blown it up once with a 450 mil score. Couple games over 200 mil. Usually average around 80 to 100 mil I'm guessing. I do feel that with missing so many hits on the bell that I could have some really great games. Hopefully one or two of you guys have answers to my problems.
Thanks, appreciate it!
Keep on flipping

There is a magnet under the bell. I know it makes the bell swing if you hit the fire button when it's lit. I don't know if the magnet has anything to do with stopping the bell's swinging. (Doubt it)

1 month later
#850 6 years ago

When did "nerf" become a verb?

2 months later
#947 6 years ago

FIRE!

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tommy Tealsenberg I play a few everyday on this gal and yer log cover still lookin good. Really surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet.
Thanks again bud!

Surprised it hasn't fallen apart?! That is quality right there, bro!

4 weeks later
#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Nice - you should make those and sell them. I'd buy a set. Looks good.

I'm in.

3 months later
#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Polishing Underside of Lower PF Window? **
Has any of you ever polished the underside of the Underworld window with, say, Novus I?
My impulse, when addressing acrylic that's less than clear, is to polish it - ideally on both sides. Polishing the top of the window is simple enough, but who has polished the underside while the window is in place in the PF? I mean, once you drop the lower PF, is it easy enough to get in there polish that window? Are there any contra-indications? Like, Don't do that because...?
Thanks.

I haven't used novus, but I wiped down and waxed the underside of the window.

2 weeks later
#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Ok, well I FINALLY played an ACDC tonight! Granted it was only the pro, but WHAT A MACHINE!!! I actually got a major adrenaline rush while playing it! So now it’s catapulted to very close to the front of the line on machines I will soon own. Looking at the differences with the Premium/LE, I definitely want that over the pro. The SECOND I sell my ‘63 Corvette Coupe, I’m dropping the dough on ACDC!!

Perfect! I've been considering trading my loaded premium. Drive that coupe up here and go home in a beautiful ac/dc!

2 months later
#1293 5 years ago

What is a devil horn award??

#1295 5 years ago

Ya know....I've had this game for two years and never realized those were devils horns on the red inserts!

1 week later
#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Does the cannon is able to fire the ball for a full left orbit or left ramp on your machine? On my Premium, the cannon seems to be a bit weak...

No. I can hit the bell, but usually go for the lit drop target.

#1311 5 years ago

How on Earth did your inserts raise??

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

No idea, I guess a bad playfield. When I got the machine in February all of the inserts infront of the flippers were horribly raised, worst raised inserts I've ever come across, frequently affecting ball movement. I warmed them and tapped them down but they wouldn't go low enough. I ended up removing them, clearing out the old glue and refitting them with new glue.

Damn... I've only ever done that on a 1990 game. That's crazy.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

What do you guys use to keep your lightening bolt flashers from falling out? Mine were initially hot glued by stern, but that didn't hold. I was thinking of trying my own hot glue.
I also bought hooked pinball lightening bolts, but thought it might be cool if it flashed from behind as well.

I have the lightning bolts. I keep the flashers behind them, but honestly you can't tell they are flashing anyway. I put small pieces of electrical tape on the bases to keep them tight in the socket.

1 week later
#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hate to be "that guy" but I never replaced my stock rule cards. Anyone got any killer ones to link up? Was thinkin about just doin Powerage on left and Highway to Hell on right.
How do you guys print these? My printer can't handle card stock paper, I don't think. Kinkos?

Print on photo paper. It always takes me a thousand tries to get the size right.

1 week later
#1357 5 years ago

I haven't heard of orions belt. Well, except for the constellation.

#1363 5 years ago

I have bright blue bolts, and I attached the stock plastics over them. This way it looks kinda stock when they are off, but the whole bolt flashes when they are on.

2 months later
#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I finally covered up the ugly bell block, I've seen a few versions of block covers but since I have my own 3D printer I just had to make my own. I'm still learning 3D software so this was great practice. First version fit perfectly right off the printer.
Brian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fits nicely, just looks like it needs a brown paint wash or something to add a woodgrain look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=yzfguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.