Topic Stats

• 1,691 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 353 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gray posts (resized).jpg
20190315_154133 (resized).jpg
20190315_104654 (resized).jpg
full frontal ACDC (resized).jpg
20190305_144049_001 (resized).jpg
62843E46-121E-452F-BC48-43AAB417DF0A (resized).jpeg
228F9C1F-3E34-4991-B295-5679E9B94D3E (resized).png
7CD09161-624E-4EB3-96E1-5055F01134FF (resized).jpeg
AC6B37BF-FF5E-469C-8C48-290240610AFF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190301_180231 (resized).jpg
BFB77DFA-2F49-4D3C-9958-B149841F20A9 (resized).jpeg
A81437DD-C81D-42E6-8ECD-A2D90BF2E6F3 (resized).jpeg
20190205_172644 (resized).jpg
B2D3332D-7D3F-478F-AAD8-BEF7124F66D1 (resized).png
1DDA5A56-DE2C-49A8-BB1A-C34402E937B5 (resized).png
2188FCB3-5ED3-4F4E-9B49-8B14BC3B0E0D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Has anyone installed the Total Rock Package on theirs? Thoughts/impressions?

I've had it installed in my Bible for some time now.
Very impressive.
Takes a bit of time to install but well worth it

4 months later
#154 3 years ago

Try standard adjustments, -#16 choose no extra balls

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Based on reading the above posts.....is there really a way to change the songs?

Yes, search the forum for pinball browser.
There's a few threads on it I think.

1 week later
#161 3 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Does anyone have an issue on the ball not loading fully into the cannon? It will go down the ramp and enter the cannon, but not enough to trigger it. Usually have to wait for it to do a ball search where it fires it back out on the playfield.
This happens one every 10-15 times. I thought I remember reading about others having an issue. I'm wondering if it's a speed issue coming from the ramp as the cannon does seem to be lined up well with the ramp.

This was an issue when it was released.
I solved mine by lifting the ramp edge up by cutting a small piece of plastic tube and sitting it on top of the screw at the rhs of the rock targets and wedging it under the ramp. Effectively lifting the edge of the ramp up just enough to let the ball fall a little quicker into the cannon.

1 year later
#218 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Anybody have an extra cannon $ or total light show

Is it the pinball refinery total rock mod you are after?

image_(resized).jpeg

#221 2 years ago

Sent you a pm, will keep you informed.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very awesome but why aren't you using it? It a awesome mod that really finishes off the already amazing light show of acdc. Plus that a 475.00 mod with the stt cannon which is a.so a must . One my favorite mods

This kit is not mine but a friend of mine, however I have a kit installed in mine and it's just an awesome mod.

7 months later
#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Question about the code. I read on this thread that 1.68 is the latest code. Is there much difference between 1.68 and 1.65? I like this game because a previous owner changed out a bunch of songs and I'm not sure how to do that if I update the code. Thanks

Just from memory there were a few small changes made to how the lower playfield scores and a few bugs sorted as well I'm sure.
I'm running 1.65 and my partner has 1.68 in hers. So not much changed.

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's how I feel about my Luci.. Ok, so it's not an LE, but I still really like the artwork and it's what finally sold me on getting ACDC instead of ST LE at the time. If I sold my Luci, I would probably never be able to replace it.
I still hope one day Lyman does release another update for ACDC. Maybe enable that live mode....
Rob

I was looking forward to that live mode as Lyman was setting up for it in the menu

1 week later
#399 2 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Is there any way to get a brand new BIB playfield?

I doubt it as it's an LE. Why would you need one?

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Love the Color DMD but not quite sure I get the chrome coin door on a BIB. Doesn't go well with the black armor.

I think so too.

What does look good on bible is a set of those speaker led inserts you have in the Star Trek next to it.
Set to blue like in the pic with no plastic inserts.

1 week later
#412 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ok hitting all 5 musical notes adds a ball and does a short ball save once during multiball. The musical note shots carry over into the next multiball, so you may only need one more shot to add a ball on the next multiball.
I need to keep working on those 34 pages of rules!

A VIP pass can also be used in place of of any of those notes.

1 month later
#440 1 year ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Does anyone know how many premiums were made

Stern doesn't release these figures.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from Spg101:

When I went to the Stern site it only mentioned shakers on the LEs, not the premium. Hmm will have to see it when I pick it up. If that underworld playfield is some type of plexi or acrylic wax could be a big problem

Yes shaker only on the LE's from factory.

1 month later
#521 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I need to find a ruleset​ before I start in with my million dumb questions....like this : is there a super skill shot, or is 250,000 the highest?

Hold the right flipper on plunge and the ball will shoot out the from the right orbit then nail one of the 5 flashing shots.
Skill shot gives you a VIP pass. Super skill gives you two. These can be very handy.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Did not know fire button switched ...HEY KOOLAID OH YEAH! Thanks dude!

There is a PDF floating around with the rules.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It is a great shot, but the bell on mine swings too damn much! That magnet needs to be used to slow it down a bit because there's nothing more frustrating that hitting the bell shot again and it doesn't count because the damn thing is still swinging like crazy.
Rob

When it was first released everyone was worried about it hitting the glass and breaking it.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So about 1 in 10 games it will just drain, mid-ball. I know I've been on here long enough to have seen this issue before, but nothing is coming to mind. Also the left eye stand up in lower pf is not registering hits. Any advice appreciated.

Check the switches and flakey soldering on the ball trough.
You may need to take out the lower playfield and check the switch.
The targets can become loose and might need re tightening or a bad plug connection.

#609 1 year ago

Looks like our club will get bigger soon.
Fantastic news

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

SO deep...so on War Machine I just keep hitting the spinner? Can that shot be backhanded?
Let's help Gryszzz one song at a time.

Yes you can back hand it.

1 month later
#755 1 year ago
Quoted from freezie:

Anyone have a spare angus they would sell ? Mine broke at the knee and now he's dangling away . I emailed stern , no response from them at all . This is twice now that I get radio silence from them on an email.

Seen a few broken off, including my partners pin.
You can't buy them separately.
My partner just glued hers back together.
That was a few years ago now. It's still working ok.

4 months later
#825 1 year ago

The magnet moves when in hells bells.
All lit notes when hit will make the bell swing.
Its not there to slow the bell down.

1 month later
#858 1 year ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Sorry if it's been documented before but any of you clearcoated their AC/DC? Pictures?

One of the members on another forum I'm on has...

2 months later
#939 1 year ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Rensh, thanks for the tips. I’ll look into that if needed. Much appreciated.
Kevlar,
Maybe I’m missing something but the live songs are available in jukebox mode when holding the flipper button during attract mode. The cannon button on lockdown bar toggles live tracks with studio tracks. As far as in game live music I’m not sure if that is possible, it might be but I don’t know.

Lyman put it in the menu in the last code update setting up for live songs.
It appeared the next code update would allow you to choose live songs, however that was the end of any more updates and it was never finished.

1 week later
#957 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yes I have the latest code, the issue I have is the canon literally can't rotate as its jammed by the 2nd ball and the ramp entrance. I'm worried the motor will burn out as its still trying to rotate the canon but is jammed. Is there a clutch mechanism?

Check when the ball enters the cannon that the ball is not bouncing back of the switch slightly.

2 weeks later
#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

Wife and I got around to installing the LCD Color DMD last night. Install and software update was a breeze, new graphics are looking mighty sharp! This is probably my favorite pin so far.

Have colordmd reworked their software to include the new code graphics ?

#1021 1 year ago

Some were using locktight on the screws.

1 month later
#1142 10 months ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The magnet is what brings the bell back stable after a hit, and also moves it if it goes behind the bell at the eject saucer.

Thanks in advance,
James

I think The magnet only activates when in hells bells and it energises when the 5 main shots are scored.

#1156 10 months ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I am having a problem with my cannon. When the ball goes in the cannon it won't swing out to shoot the ball it just goes into search mode and randomly fires. I have checked the switch on the side of the cannon and it is working. The other odd thing is the cannon flasher light stays lit rather than flashing. Any ideas what to test next.

Is the ball bouncing off the switch when it enters the cannon perhaps?

1 month later
#1225 9 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Polishing Underside of Lower PF Window? **
Has any of you ever polished the underside of the Underworld window with, say, Novus I?
My impulse, when addressing acrylic that's less than clear, is to polish it - ideally on both sides. Polishing the top of the window is simple enough, but who has polished the underside while the window is in place in the PF? I mean, once you drop the lower PF, is it easy enough to get in there polish that window? Are there any contra-indications? Like, Don't do that because...?
Thanks.

Yes, with novus 2.
Note the difference in the window lace reflection

IMG_2714 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#1286 6 months ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

Hi
I just bought a Luci VE and my cannon is firing by hitself seconds after starting to move. I double checked connections and opto. But switch 61-62 are triggering correctly.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Check your fire button switch.
Also check the switch in the cannon and make sure the ball is not bouncing of it a little as it starts to move.

1 week later
#1307 5 months ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Does the cannon is able to fire the ball for a full left orbit or left ramp on your machine? On my Premium, the cannon seems to be a bit weak...

I have no issue making both the left orbit or the left ramp, usually on the back swing from the cannon.

1 week later
#1337 5 months ago

Yes the spring was only used on the Pro from day one.

#1339 5 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Was the layout different- can’t tell?

I don't think so.
Wire is there due to the bounce back from the bell hit (there was no movement of the bell on the original) draining.
The wire has changed shape over the years too.

#1341 5 months ago
Quoted from jester523:

Somehow Angus's leg plastic broke on my Luci. I'm guessing stern doesn't sell the plastic pieces separately? Not sure I want to buy a whole set for just the leg...but...it's kind of annoying me.

This has happened to a few.
No you can't buy it on its own.
Glue works well.

3 months later
#1569 47 days ago
Quoted from bsobie:

What are standard rubbers?.... is that what Stern uses on their machines? The ones I’m needing to replace are on my AC/DC. For some reason the flipper rubbers are taking a beating and already have bad spots on both flippers. We bought our Metallica Pro 2 years before AC/DC and those flipper rubbers aren’t showing any wear at all. Is there different rubbers they use for Pro and Premium?

Do you have the manual?
All the info you need is in the manual.

#1596 43 days ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Oh man, no instructions for that came with my game
I just assumed it had to be fitted from the top, never considered the ball being fitted from underneath the play field
Thanks for the reply though cheers

Well originally it could only be fitted from the bottom as the screwed plexiglass wasn't on the originals only on the VE.
It is all written on the instructions.
New pins don't ship with pinballs installed as they could bash around in transport and break things.

3 weeks later
1 week later
#1663 11 days ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

My right hand lower playfield target kept getting bashed to the right until it didn't register any more. Tightening the bolts didn't hold it so I took the bracket off and drilled a little hole, knocked half a nail through then put it back together with a wedge of plastic. So far it hasn't budged.
[quoted image]

Loctite on the screws works too.

1 week later
#1684 4 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Any tips for drop target coil firing intermittently ?
My Bib just started to do this last night every few minutes at random, ball nowhere near drops.

Re seat the opto plug for the drops in question underneath and give the opto s a quick clean

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,300 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Yoder, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frederick, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside