Topic Stats

• 2,614 posts
  • 318 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by ezatnova
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 512 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5A23D9D1-FD50-48ED-B0F1-DEBDD97340FE.jpeg
04DC1647-DEC8-48BC-BCAD-1295D6D066E9.jpeg
4DE6B98F-EFA2-4590-B343-20704815543F.jpeg
71EE7996-4253-4D52-B2EA-4202E76286BB.jpeg
F81BC637-4DA5-4DB7-95CE-272EC0342059.jpeg
CC6ED9CF-A530-42E4-A334-ADAE56EA0EBF.jpeg
B7DDD5AF-E625-4AD2-997B-FEB82B64EC7C.jpeg
548E3E8D-8451-4439-9ADD-3E3B46C2DF7B.jpeg
2240EB72-07F6-4072-91CE-A420369D007A.jpeg
DD14CC37-AAFF-41BF-A337-9D27BAE53BC9.jpeg
A06E7B35-065F-4C73-9443-FB59C6834EBB.jpeg
11757656-B6E6-4AA6-8516-8FF4E2166418.jpeg
638637EB-10BE-4161-8AD2-239032781273.jpeg
7d4b72d584b6405124e7e4bb9cdf59cc0ae32ea9 (resized).jpg
D1300E8E-0BB1-4E06-A57B-0BA6D4204FCD (resized).jpeg
ADF5E96A-3659-4B47-93CF-5477B7DBA3D5 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The recent TWD update makes me wonder why Lyman never went back to ACDC like he has for TWD and MET? I'm thinking about selling ACDC and getting a TWD premium.
Rob

Wonder if he will do a surprise final update?

Mini wizard after 6 songs would be great but unlikely.

Don't cannon modes need work on them?

3 months later
#1049 2 years ago

Quick question.

Does the LED come out easily from the train?

I have pulled it but it doesn't budge.

Want to put a frosted bulb in place of super bright blue one.

Thanks

1 week later
#1064 2 years ago

Is this a normal ball hang up spot?

If so, any fixes?

IMG_2738 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#1109 2 years ago

Who actually plays to get to encore?

Right now it feels so far way, I focus on scoring and song jackpots.

Hopefully possible code updates with something at 6 songs will change my focus.

Is it just a case of multiball, try and finish a song, rinse, repeat?

1 week later
#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

There are lists out there that show the song bonus order for both Tour & Album Multiball. Playing to build up a huge Song Jackpot is fun and really gets the blood pumping when it gets really high but I feel many people also forget how lucrative the Super Jackpots can get for each multiball. The Jam & Album supers aren't that difficult to get to & if you use your multiplies wisely while playing the multi balls you can collect some crazy high supers. I know on my GC score I collect a couple Supers of over 150mil cause I had 3x running at the time.
Encore is also one of the best Wizard modes ever made but it is very difficult to get to on factory settings. But if you get dialed into the ramp shots you can use Jam MB to work your way through quite a few songs. I'd give it more time and try n lear the songs a little more. Also take a look at how good the scoring can be on Hell aint a bad place to be. One of the best songs to start the game with since both song bonuses are very early in tour & album multiball.

Interesting to read how high the supers can get in MB.

Any strategies for getting them? Default setting seems pretty tough to me.

#1160 2 years ago

I find it really difficult to get supers on this game.

20 jackpots for the super on jam?

They all add together for the super?

And then 3x that to collect I guess.

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Super-impressive indeed. I just got a Luci VE and I've been loving it, but man... it's been kicking my butt. I think the most songs I've made it through are only 4 or 5. Encore seems impossible to get to at the moment, but I'll keep on pushing the start button.

Agree.

Encore seems so far away with nothing until the final destination.

Really hope Lyman gets time to do what he had planned - some things to break along the way, after 3, 6, and 9 songs.

#1169 2 years ago

Wonder when Oi Mania will be fixed?

Haven't updated new code as was waiting for this fix.

#1172 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Next version will knock your socks off....
Rob

Hope so!

4 months later
#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

The devil horn "STUFF" was added in the latest code that came out earlier this year.....It was not in the code previously.
I haven't figured out a good strategy on the game since the new code dropped...I did get a huge surge of points during album multiball while TNT was running....don't remember ever getting points like that before.
Any good strategies out there with new code?

Waiting for Oi Mania to be fixed, so still on the old code!

2 months later
#1401 1 year ago

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/12/11/episode-73-inside-the-mind-of-lyman-sheats/

Great interview!

Lyman talks about AC/DC code.

Says he has already done a multiball/mini-wizard mode after 6 songs!

But, he is not sure if he is going to put into the game.

I REALLY hope he puts it in.

If it is a high scoring MB, it will add a ton of strategy as completing 6 songs becomes an additional goal.

Do other people want him to add this feature after 6 songs??? He has done it so it's just a question of whether it will make the cut or not?

2 weeks later
#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from the_one:

Are there rumors regarding a new code update?

Lots of rumors but thats all they are!

Fixing 'oi mania'.

Lyman has done a mode for completing 6 songs but hasn't decided if it will make the cut!

Seems like most people are hoping it does.

2 weeks later
#1510 1 year ago

Can anyone suggest why it's worth picking Highway to Hell or Hell ain't a bad place to be?

I never ever pick them.

Just seems like you get stuck on lower p/f with very little reward/low scoring?

Wish there was more reward when playing lower playfield.

1 week later
#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Couple of things - for encore.
Prime, prime, prime your MB's and never start 2 at one time. You see all drops down but one, take the shot to get album closer. Shoot some loops to get tour ready, etc. When going for encore, I focus this on ball one as if I drain fast then I just switch from an encore attempt to a score game Now when you need to start a risky song then you can shoot that last shot to get your MB ready and be safe. I try to do as many modes as possible in MB for obvious reasons.
Modes are all the same. You are just making the shot to light that specific song.
- Rosie is always the top 3 inlanes
- Shook me is always pops
- TNT is always the 3 targets
- Etc
The songs/modes don't change on what you need to collect to change your song but I prefer the songs that will require the drops or cannon in MB but you can still avoid them as you just need to collect 8 other songs to light the jukebox. You could very realistically just only ever shoot
- left ramp
- right ramp
- left orbit
- right orbit (shooting orbits will naturally get you Rosie and Shook)
- bell
With this you only need one "riskier"shot to light the jukebox. I generally go for TNT.
Hope this helps. I know Bowen has a rules write-up somewhere that may help but I just don't know where it's linked anymore.
-

Encore seems so far away for me. My game is brutal!

That's why just hoping Lyman adds the mode at end of 6 songs

#1552 1 year ago

Wonder when we get the oi mania fix?

This might be the first ever game in 14 years of ownership that I give up and move the inlanes in!

1 week later
#1585 1 year ago

Any hints for setting up a 6x song jackpot?

I have never managed one.

#1588 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Three hits to bell starts 2x. While 2x is running, if you hit it three more times, that starts 3x.
Each hit to the bell after that restarts the 3x timer.
6x is not possible. They don’t multiply with each other, they are just levels. Think GOT.

I think 6x is possible.

3x playfield combined with a 2x Super Lanes shot, during Tour and Album.

Not many people seem to know this and I have never done it or don't know how to set it up.

Anyone?

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. But this does not apply to the song jackpot shot.
From Bowen’s sheet:
Super Lanes should be cashed in immediately unless something huge is lined up, since it impedes progress toward FIRE. You cannot double a Song Jackpot or any Cannon shot using Super Lanes, but you can double a Song Bonus during Album or Tour Multiball. A Super Lanes inlane can also be an excellent time to use a VIP Pass, especially during ____ (spoiler).
SuperLanes:“Inlane=timed2xshot.Outlane=double/triple bonus.” After completing FIRE, one controlled lane among FIRE will flash. Go through a flashing inlane, and the next shot is doubled. Go through a flashing outlane, and bonus will be doubled (or tripled, if it was already doubled).

I wasn't sure, especially as here it says you can get 6x song jackpot.

I guess they were confused with the difference between song jackpot and song bonus?

So, you can get 6x song bonus?

Wonder how big that is potentially?

https://pintips.net/games/64

#1610 1 year ago

Great video

Nice 141m Song Bonus!

I need to focus more on song bonus as there is a ton of points available.

Setting up a 6x song bonus is going to be super hard!!

3 weeks later
#1650 1 year ago

Hoping the Oi mania fix comes soon!

2 weeks later
#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Been any word on updated code? I've been holding out.

Still waiting for oi mania fix .

And maybe the elusive 'thing' after 6 songs!!

2 weeks later
#1703 1 year ago

Doesn't look like the oi mania fix is coming this quarter.

Wish Stern would release a patch to fix this.

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

And just think, it's only gonna get better!
Rob

Still hoping we get the 'something' after 6 songs

3 weeks later
#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hard to say it’s lazy coding when it’s Lyman. I’m guessing he had his reasons; but hopefully he revisits the decision with a final update to oi mania.

Anyone have any idea when the oi mania fix is coming?

And still keeping fingers crossed that Lyman does put in the 'something' after 6 songs

1 month later
#1887 11 months ago

There has been talk of something being added after 6 songs - a reward for half way to encore.

Would something as simple as a 50 million countdown jackpot suffice?

Works for me

#1889 11 months ago

Some great thoughts there.

I am waiting for final update before changing my settings.

As the game stands I have zero chance of reaching encore, so will eventually reduce song notes from 8 to 6 to shorten the process.

I love the idea of getting halfway and then having a chance to shorten the journey to encore

#1893 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I lowered the outlane posts on my game. I got 9 songs the other day too. Some day I will do 12 at default settings.
Rob

Still on factory settings but might also lower the outlane posts.

Only when Oi- mania is fixed, as want to see if anything else added, that helps the journey to encore.

3 weeks later
#1919 11 months ago

Seems like a bug with the Hold Bonus in the new code? On final ball it doesn't give it.

Anyone noticed this?

#1927 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think he’s talking about earning gold bonus on the final ball. Most of the time if a game has hold bonus and you earn it on your final ball, the bonus will count down twice in a row since there is no next ball to apply the award to.
I don’t think ACDC currently does this if you get hold bonus on your final ball.

This is what I think is the case.

#1931 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So I guess we will never have the code completed on this game? Oi frenzy will never be.

There were rumors Lyman did something for completing 6 songs.

At the very least oi mania needs to be fixed.

I am guessing/hoping it's on the cards, but time wise, who knows.

1 month later
#1966 9 months ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I was told at the Texas Pinball Festival by a ColorDMD rep, that an update from ColorDMD for AC/DC could be expected in 2019 for code 1.70.
There was no specific date given, but it seemed like there was some type of work going on in the background to make that happen.

Maybe they were/are waiting for the oi mania fix?

#1976 9 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. The journey to encore isn’t that fun. If I’m specifically going for encore, the fun level drops drastically.
Switch to GOT. The journey to IT is loads of fun, and the experience to get there is different every time.
Dare I say it I might like the journey to Royal Rumble in WWF more. Haha

And this is why I hope Lyman decides to give us whatever he coded to come at the end of 6 songs.

If it helps in any way towards progress to encore - even better!

1 month later
#2201 7 months ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Well, crap. I guess I just don't know how to do slow. Me+Computer+Weekend = Lack of patience.
6. Translucent Apron
7. Lighted Apron Kit
8. TNT Detonator Lighting
9. Bell Log
10. Cannon Mod
11. Illuminated Flipper Buttons
I still have several more on my list, but, damn. There's too much out there, and it all seems like good fun stuff.
As for the pin itself, I've left voicemail Friday and dropped an e-mail this morning, but still don't know timing for delivery. Going nuts.

I can't wait to play it! I'll probably end up just playing it, leaving it untouched by anything from this list, until I'm off work over Thanksgiving weekend.

If only there could be more songs! I've got a whole list. Oh, and Mirror Blades are on the list (It's been suggested to save that for near last to avoid lifting the play field too many times after they're installed. Is that a smart approach?).

Yes, how did Shoot to Thrill not make the final cut?

1 month later
#2320 6 months ago

Everytime I get 6 songs or close to getting 6, I wish for the 'thing' that Lyman has done for getting 6 songs.

And hoping he gives it to us

2 weeks later
#2371 6 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

What code are you running? I believe in the newer code (1.70), VIP hits can only be used for the bell once collected through the "Stuff" insert at the back saucer. I'm new to this game as well, so I could be completely off on that.
Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL

And remember that OI MANIA is broken.

Hopefully it will get fixed one day.

1 month later
#2467 4 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

What do you guys think the odds are of us seeing the long awaited code update that gives us a finished OI Mania award and hopefully (fingers crossed) some halfway to Encore mini-wizard mode in 2020?

10-1.

Would be nice just to get OI-Mania fixed

2 weeks later
#2487 4 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really wish Lyman had just released a fix for OI mania and maybe a few other small things. The song rule changes were really necessary though so I am glad the last update was done. But, too bad it wasn't done sooner. We're into 2020 now and a 7 or 8 year old game is not quite complete with one of the features being broken for almost 2 years now. Colordmd never updated the ACDC code either so that left more things kinda broken looking.
Rob

I have kind of given up getting the 'thing' that Lyman programmed to come after 6 songs. Would have been fantastic to get it.

Would just like OI mania fixed as it sucks to get there and er, nothing.

#2489 4 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

In Lyman we Trust

Indeed!

Got 4 Lyman coded games and they are all superb.

AFM, MB, Tron and AC/DC.

However Encore is just too far away for all but the elite player sadly.

2 weeks later
#2495 3 months ago

Nice!

Hopefully color dmd guys will have to do this one more time.

Oi

1 month later
#2515 67 days ago

I am sure my attract mode has suddenly speeded up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I remember my TWD did this and there was a fix for it.

#2516 66 days ago

So, it is actually flickering GI that is the issue.

And found this thread for anyone else with an issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-gi-lights-flickering

#2517 62 days ago

New code for Iron Man today.

Keep the faith.

In Lyman we trust

1 week later
#2526 51 days ago

So, I was just wondering what happens if you complete tour, jam and album multiballs in the same game?

Never done it of course.

#2528 50 days ago

Finish them so insert remains lit for rest of game.

So, get SJ in each of them to complete all 3.

Super hard to do.

Don't think there is any award for doing this?

Doubt I will ever do it so it's not a big worry!

#2530 50 days ago

Not many people do it I guess.

Would be cool if there were a 50 million award or something but not something I am going to lose sleep over!

2 weeks later
#2540 31 days ago

We could do with the oi mania fix in these strange times - please

2 weeks later
#2576 13 days ago
Quoted from stuliss:

As someone who's been there, though, you know you're authoring your Encore as you play through the game.
Y'all want a generic, randomized Encore just so you can play it at will? With arbitrary values?
Practice the right orbit. Routinely make it your eighth song request. Don't start a MB if you're close on a song change (5 or more lit requests). Use MBs to push right through fresh songs. The first time you get Encore, basically everything you do probably has to be in service to the ultimate goal. (That's right, you might have to radically adjust your whole play style! Sounds pretty healthy and engaging!) After you are accustomed to playing with a progress-before-all-else mindset, and you've been there, maybe you can throw in a little flavor along the way. Score some points as you go.
A halfway mini-wiz isn't gonna get you any closer to Encore, it's just an opportunity to lose a ball. Luckily there are ready means of introducing additional balls onto the playing surface at any time if you desire to pursue them.
I guess personally, I would press start unlimited times trying to get to Nublar before I would just warp there. Haven't played it yet.

Some good points but a halfway mini-wiz could be programmed to be short, fun, good reward but no ultimate ball loss.

1 week later
#2592 7 days ago

Thinking ahead to the possible update.

Love collecting Song Jackpot during Album MB etc but it's only when I look and see my score I realise it's happened.

No time to look up and read screen.

Would be nice to have some kind of sound that acts as a cue that you have collected it.

Any loud sound would work

#2601 7 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How about the loud explosion and massive font with your score only on the screen? It’s pretty hard to miss currently. Haha

Well, somehow I have missed that every time!

So, there is a loud explosion?

Ok, need to tune my brain in so that I tune into it each time it happens.

#2606 6 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep it’s amazing. And a callout from Ritchie too congratulating you for collecting it too.

LOL.

Just took glass off to test.

No Ritchie call out.

And if there is some kind of additional sound, it doesn't appear on my game!

#2608 6 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try again. Haha. Make sure you actually have a song jackpot ready. If you miss Ritchie rips on your too. Maybe make sure the insult setting is turned all the way up.
Not sure what to tell you. It’s there. Haha
Tell me this. What does your game do when you collect a song jackpot? Nothing?
Start watching at 10:30. I collect a song JP. Explosion followed by Ritchie saying great shot.

Thanks - link to your video?

Ok, maybe a misunderstanding.

When getting a SJ there is an explosion and Steve says fantastic.

When collected as an extra award in Album MB, there is nothing.

That's what I was hoping could be changed. Explosion and a fantastic!

#2611 6 days ago

Ah, song bonus. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, if song bonus had the 'fantastic' call out, that would be enough!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside