AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mymalibu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#831 6 years ago

Hey, everyone, I have some lights that are not working on my premium, all the fuses in the back box check out ok. Are there fuses under the PL. Lights out are the horns on the juke box, all three pop bumpers don,t light light when you select "You shook me" for a song choice, and the Fire button. I have checked in lamp test and none of them work there either. Thoughts.

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Sounds like you have may have a disconnected pcb adapter in the backbox. Take a look at all of them and see if they are snug or if one is coming off.

Thanks that will be my next thing to check. Cheers.

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Any luck on finding the problem? I can look at mine to reference anything you need that may help.

I have checked all the connectors in the back box and under the play field going to check the fuses later today. Had not done that yet as I was waiting for my DMM to come from Amazon. I bought the game with some mod's and wonder if they might be/caused this problem....Helen topper, under cabinet lighting,speaker lighting, back box alternate lighting and thunderstruck lightning bolts with flashers behind them....Hmmm

#836 6 years ago

Oh forgot to add that the start button does not light up, it works but does not light and in test mode it comes up under tournament light..freakin weird....

#839 6 years ago

RIP Malcolm

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I would double check all fuses on the continuity setting of your DMM as with all of those mods it is possible that it blew something. The other thing to look for is to see if maybe some of those modes are using a piggy back adapter and Z style connector to tap power and maybe that came lose or a wire in it is coming out. Just some guesses and keep us posted.
It sounds like you likely have something simple going on but hard to find so no worries.

I have checked all the fuses including those under the playfield...will check to see if the mode wiring is the issue. Thanks for all the input so far...will keep everyone updated.

6 months later
#1179 5 years ago

Have the new 1.7 code and noticed that the drop targets are not lite when starting a game...they lite only after they are hit??? Kinda remember them being lite first then going out when hit....am I missing something or that part of the new code??? Cheers

2 weeks later
#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Can I ask the group a question.
I'm looking to get an AC/DC premium next month after a move. The prices for nice premiums and the new Luci versions are roughly the same, give or take. I'm inclined to get a new Luci, but is there any compelling reason to look out for nice original premiums instead, if prices are relatively equivalent? I know the cabinet art is different, but is there anything different with the pf or mechanics between the two, best anyone knows?
Thanks in advance!

The newer spike operating system is not as user friendly as the older sam , not able to just change out bulbs for a buck ,you have to buy a new RGB board for 30ish. Lots of utube stuff on the newer system to help you choose if its right for you...Cheers

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

ChipScott-
Just to be clear, the original run of AC/DC premiums as well as the recent vaults run on the same SAM system, not Spike.

Did not know that thanks gang.

1 week later
#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Color DMD, speaker lights, and the LED lightning bolts.

But I have to say I like the alternate translight and the Flipper Fidelity speaker system with the coin door volume control.

20180329_135736 (resized).jpg20180329_135736 (resized).jpg
7 months later
#1582 5 years ago

I replaced # 5 with i think a 1 and a quarter inch ring, not as tight so has lasted alot longer than the original 1 inch the manual says to use.

#1612 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I posted this earlier but apparently I deleted the wrong one - is anyone aware of a shorter path to an extra ball light? I was playing the other night and I got an extra ball on ball 1 and was only at about 15m when it happened. It lit really fast and as far as I could tell I hadn't done 30 combos or whatever is required to get it. Maybe I did and didn't realize it, but it makes more sense that I hit some other way to do it.

I think if you drop all three target banks twice??? you light extra ball, maybe...might be three times

1 month later
#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx. Will it play the entire song or multiple songs?

One song at a time then it stops unless you use the flippers to change to a different song before it ends.I think you have to change a setting for this to happen....I think?

1 week later
#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Has anyone created a mod that covers up the lane diverters in front if the train and canon? It just looks unfinished with the coils showing.

There is a drum mod that covers the diverter as well as the one up by the left ramp

#1758 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Non-issue. The top one is guarded by the ramp and the lower one would only be vulnerable to a side hit which I've never seen in the 5 or so years I've owned this game.

I agree has been zero issues with it.

4 months later
#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Encore is making me so angry. Backed off on my crazy tight tilt too. Still can’t get past 4-5 songs regularly and 7-8 if I have an amazing game.
I fear this is another wizard mode that will allude me forever.
Not to mention it’s so hard to get one EB, let alone two which I would need to do this I bet.

Chucky,don't beat yourself up over it, soften the rules abit and that will get you to encore,and you can steadily make it harder as you improve, it worked for me,just a thought...

2 weeks later
#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No worries. It’s not riveted and can be taken out without tools besides your hands.

Corrrection ,the crossover ramp is fully riveted to the left ramp and is one piece when removed, rivet replacement is mandatory.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Only had to loosen 2 nuts and then it slid out. I didn't even have to remove them
[quoted image][quoted image]

My bad, I have had the ramp off several times but never thought to see if there were screws,I just ASSumed it was one piece due to the rivets...thanks for the clarification!

4 months later
3 weeks later
#2498 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the original run of premiums had mirror blades from the factory?Thanks.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

No they did not.

Thanks brother, was not sure if it is a mod on our game or not!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mymalibu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.