AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#316 7 years ago

I joined the club with a AC/DC prem! Can't wait to get the MikeD mini LCD Mod and start to dig into the other cool mods out there. Gotta find all the hidden tricks, rules, and strategies ... and read through this thread. Found out that if you hold the right flipper at launch, you get a opportunity for a higher point skill shot. Going to be a lot of fun!

1 week later
#321 7 years ago

Did the ruleset ever get updated/completed? Reading through it, it looks like there were several additions and suggestions noted (even here on pinside) that needed to be added/revised. I just got a ACDC Prem a couple of weeks ago and would also like a cheat sheet for the detailed rules and modes. If anyone has something all compiled together and updated, it would be much appreciated.

Love the pin so far. Got many mods in mind to add to it. Just received the MikeD mini LCD mod and need to install it, and have a ColorDMD on back order.

1 week later
#328 7 years ago

Just got my ACDCPrem a few weeks ago. I get air balls when the drop targets pop back up, which seems to be normal (I've seen that on other pins). That along with the cannon shot has me a little concerned about playfield dimples. Has anybody used a playfield protector on this pin? Is it kind of needed? I have a playfield protector on my F14 and it is pain for cleaning and dirt sometimes getting under it, but is pretty good for everything else. I'm ordering Cliffys today, but are there other wear areas to be concerned about if I don't get a playfield protector?

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I just picked up a Premium. In my machine the flashers behind the lightning bolts are very dim - the LED's barely illuminate. All the other flashers work correctly.
Has anyone experienced something similar and have any ideas for troubleshooting?

Mine are that way too. The Pinbits mod for those (with "back flashes") supposedly will be remade/restocked soon - so they told me last week. I'm waiting for them ...

2 months later
#387 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Why were there so few Luci's made? Was it not well recieved and folks caught on to late?

Licensing extension agreement conflicts put a halt to production

#397 7 years ago

I got my modfather shipment in today and ... oh my gosh ... his artistic talents on this stuff is fantastic! I love the way he did the highlights on the train the most. The bell is great too and the photos do not do it justice, as it is hard to show the proper shades of browns and cooper with my phone camera. If your ACDC is a keeper for life, I highly recommend having ModFather add some detail to these items.

20170121_213643 (resized).jpg20170121_213643 (resized).jpg

20170121_213713 (resized).jpg20170121_213713 (resized).jpg

20170121_213848 (resized).jpg20170121_213848 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#421 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Hmm maybe a reason for me to buy a nice set of die cut with the cannon

If you find a supplier/distributor for those please let me know. I've been looking and inquiring for 4 months now.

3 weeks later
#425 7 years ago

I took my bell off to have modfather paint it (he did a great job). When I put it back on, I also installed some other mods, changed all the rubbers, cleaned and waxed the playfield. I had just waxed it maybe 300 plays earlier but, while I had it apart and dirtied it up a bit with doing mods and such, I thought I should. Now when I hit the bell, it swings and hits the glass more than 50% of the time, sometimes pretty hard. I don't feel like the flippers are too strong ... everything is at the default settings and I'm not powering through the ramps. Did I miss something when I put the bell back on? Is there something mechanical there to limit the swing travel? Before, it was really rare when the bell hit the glass - usually only when I hit it after it was already swinging. I did wax it before I did these mods (when I first got it) and the bell swing was still fine. That originally was with mill wax. I changed this time to carnauba wax. I did not change the flipper rubber as I think the guy I bought it from last October had put new titans on them a short time earlier and they were in good shape. I eventually want to get inivisiglass, but want to solve this first. Any suggestions? Is there any bell swinging adjustments?

#426 7 years ago

Let me try another one. I have some red bulbs that are bad and going bad in my lower playfield. I notice that those go dim and brighter for HTH. Are those special bulbs, or can I just replace them with normal LED bulbs? If they are not "normal", where can I buy replacements?

1 week later
#434 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Let me try another one. I have some red bulbs that are bad and going bad in my lower playfield. I notice that those go dim and brighter for HTH. Are those special bulbs, or can I just replace them with normal LED bulbs? If they are not "normal", where can I buy replacements?

To answer my own question for those that are curious ... I replaced all of the lower playfield LEDs with normal Comet red frosted ones and it looks a lot better now. More rich color that is dispersed in the lower playfield area more evenly. These LEDs still will fade in and out during some of the Hell themed song selections.

1 week later
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I waxed my window too. It hasn't caused any issues.
I did wax my lower playfield too. I also put silicone rubbers on it and put in Leds. There's only 4 srews and a bunch of connectors holding it in.

I did that also. I changed every rubber on the top and bottom. The new comet red frosted LEDs really make that bottom playfield pop now when it is played. Cleaning the underside of the window with sparkle really cleaned it up. I was worried that it was getting cloudy. Nope ... just a little grimy from whatever floats around down there.

1 month later
#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

What's the best way to clean the inside of the lower playfield window? There appears to be four brackets held in by phillips head screws that can be unscrewed, playfield lowered, and (with someone holding onto the lower un-attached playfield) the window cleaned.
Just curious as to the best way to do this. My window isn't bad, just needs a little wipe down after 4 years.

I did it myself and replaced all of the LEDs with red frosted ones and the rubber while in there. Might as well wax it too. Not hard. Remove the couple of screws, disconnect a couple of connections in the way, and just let it rest there while getting it done.

#492 6 years ago

I just bought invisiglass for my Prem and it makes a big difference. I bought one for another pin before, but adding it to this one too is just great. With all the many playfield GI and flashing lights, they have some reflections on the standard glass ... as well as the translate and some room lighting. I advise getting invisiglass or PDI (whichever your flavor preference) and a piece of bent plastic for the DMD for this pin. Most of that glare goes away. If you sell the pin later, you can swap the original standard glass back in.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

what do yous guys consider "must haves"?

A must for me was the cliffy protectors. Besides what you have coming, I got the train, bell, and wood block painted by modfather and that really touches it up with some detail that really looks good. Just my opinion. Changing all of the LEDs to the brighter frosted ones brightens it up, but doesn't blind you when you look at the bulbs. You should glance at the pinbits lightning bolt flashers that have a back flash - great effect of a flash on the train and bell when those go off that isn't hard on the eyes for the flash. Just some suggestions to look at.

1 week later
#523 6 years ago

I have 4 pins going through the pinnovators pinmixer into 1 polk 100 watt sub ... sounds great even with multiple pins running at the same time.

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You may already know this, but if you hold a flipper button down in attract mode it plays songs in jukebox mode. If you press the fire button on the lockdown bar it switches between am and fm, switching between regular and live recordings

You got me on this one. I had to try it for the jukebox mode. Nope. But after a few flipper button presses, I did get a "Get out!" call out in the Steve Richie voice. Worth the effort. I also found holding the left flipper gives you a countdown to start in competition mode. Is that the same as tournament mode?

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anybody have any speaker panel decals/magnets they really like? Both MET and ACDC need something there. Looked at a few, nothing really grabbing me. Wondering if they just look way better on machine.
Anybody have the flames side art panels? Also wondering how they look...or just stick with mirror blades?

I put my name on the list for the stainless laser cut speaker panel that I will put EL red paper behind the cutouts. Take a look at those - something different. Likely not something most people would like, but I'm keeping my ACDC for a long time and want that slight spruce up over more flames there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stainless-steel-speakerpanels-acdc-tron-lotr-star-trek

Also keeping my eye on the pingraffix powerblades ... waiting to see if the slight color change they talked about would be a more yellow flame instead of the blue hue. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You have to turn jukebox on in adjustments. You also have to turn on the live versions that it will switch to if you hit the fire button. How fucking awesome is that??
Thanks YYZGuy!

Ahhh, I'll try that. Thanks.

I also got a "Geez your annoying" call out with the right flipper button. Something new for me.

1 week later
#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spending my Saturday watching Street Fighter tournaments and messing with expanding the Helen decal set to be more full featured.

Yes! I have a translite, but need the decals. The expanded set would be perfect!

1 week later
#692 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Any opinions on this? I think it's pretty nice. Still need to attach it but dont want to screw up the speaker pannel in case I want to remove it.

I ordered one too. I "think" it will look better than stock in person. Did you use just 1 sheet of EL paper?

#696 6 years ago

I got 179mil today ... my highest so far. I saw for the first time at the end of the ball bonus total a 2x on 2 balls and a 3x on one ball pop up in a yellow circle on the ColorDMD then blow up the total end of ball bonus to a new total with that multiplier. Not sure what I did for that, but it felt like I accomplished something new after 8 months of playing every few days.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds like you got the bonus doubler. You can get a separate multiplier by draining out an outlane when that lane is flashing. If you go down an inlane while the lane is flashing it doubles just your next shot where if you get it on an outlane it doubles the bonus. You can get multiples of this in one ball (collecting during MB) which can really blow up a bonus.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll look for the flashing lanes in the future now that I know what those mean. Interesting ...

1 week later
#742 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Had some time to add my pin blades , speakers , rock custom kit tonight , love the interaction compared to my Metallica , it just has a steady undercab glow.
» YouTube video

Link isn't there ...

1 week later
#761 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Wherever there is a red, there should be a blue and a white typically. I changed out all of the bulbs on the one I had to frosted. The manual shows you where each color should go. Here is a layout for the blue.

I replaced all of the GI on the playfield with frosted bulbs too. Even the lower mini playfield - it looks much better, and more color is dispersed.

1 week later
#768 6 years ago

I'm all of a sudden having a problem with all of the GI bulbs under the plastics. They all flash rapidly together when the ball is in play for any song. The only time the don't is when selecting a song, shooting the cannon, or playing the lower playfield. Reboot does not help. It's not random flashing like in attract mode ... they all flash together. Anyone run into this and have a solution?

3 months later
#811 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The target splints resolve this problem. This game and Tron is where my initial idea came from when I pitched it to Mezel Mods. My only regret is that i wish the price would have stayed where it initially was but they do solve the leaning target problems.

Good to know ... I will have to try them too.

1 week later
#827 6 years ago

Just thought that I would show the Pingraffix PowerBladez that I just installed on my ACDC Prem. The video on the Pingraffix site is the older first run version. They changed the color hue a bit to be more yellow than blue and I like it a lot better than what is in their original video. Some of the color is still a bit washed out in my video because of the bright lights, but the blades are not a over-whelming annoyance. They look real good and compliment the look of it when playing the lower playfield when most of the other lights are off. They are constantly running a random pattern and are not triggered by sound or sound levels. Glad I made the purchase.

2 months later
#881 6 years ago

Can someone give me the red color code to match the rails for the older premium (not the VE unless they are the same red)? I want to get something powder coated to match and need the code for it. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#891 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I need to get the color dmd and topper for mine. Any recommendations on toppers?

I like the tilttopper.com one that I have. I also have the Helen one from Laseriffic, but the titltopper one is a little interactive and flasher based on sound level. Just my 2 cents

1 week later
#906 6 years ago

Too bad you don't have some available for the MikeD LCD mod corner. All it would need would be a lighted logo ... nothing shining down on the LCD mod.

1 week later
#940 6 years ago

The MikeD mod comes with a switch that plugs into the 120v service outlet on the switch. Then pin power triggers the normally closed switch to open and send power to the MikeD mod components. So the only power it uses from the pin is to trigger the switch relay. I really like it. No it will not work on another pin or on a pro machine. Just premium and LE.

2 weeks later
#976 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The target bank is back together, but before I can reassemble the game, I need to fix the mini playfield targets. They need to be straightened and then the screws holding them together tightened.
Rob

Mezelmods has target splints for those that I'm going to eventually try. The targets just keep twisting on me.

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

Same here. Mezel has two sizes of splints listed. Do you know which ones you need for the mini playfield?

A couple of months ago when I inquired, they said to get the 2 piece one as it is easier to install there. They did say however that "some" people on here have said that they used the one piece one to ensure that the splint would not bend over time. My next order with them, I'm just going to go with the 2 piece - easier is better in my book. If someone has a different experience with them, comments are welcome.

1 week later
#1011 6 years ago

Need for someone to make a roof for behind the MikeD mod. No lights shining down needed, a lit logo would be nice. I have the swinks frame, but it just looks bare back there. Anybody do anything there?

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Basic part number question time:
I'm having problems with my lower playfield standup targets. They get out misaligned and stop working all the time -- at least the outside 2, even after tightening them as much as possible.
This game gets a lot of play, so my plan is to replace the worn out target assemblies. I figured I could find the part # in the manual, but I'm having no luck. Can anyone tell me what kind of target I need? A link to the item at Pinball Life would be ideal.
Thanks!
EDIT: I think this is it, but correct me if I'm wrong.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1732

I'm going to try these ... they advised to use the 2 piece splint.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I didn't like that you had to glue the splints together so I made my own snap fit that also uses a screw to hold together and another that zip ties.
Brian

Nice - you should make those and sell them. I'd buy a set. Looks good.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Thanks guys, it's more of an improvement of Mezels splints. I feel like it would be a douche move to sell then without reaching out to them first. I also made some for older Williams machine that are 100 percent my design. I will let you guys know what happens. One way or another we can make these available. I have a few more improvements I'd like to make also.
Brian

Understood. For what it's worth, I ask Mezel if one of theirs would work on my F14 center kill targets and they said it would not. Looking forward for an update.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've got a question for everyone though. Anyone elses bell swing too much? I've noticed recently that after a solid bell hit my bell will keep swinging for more than 20 seconds. I know this timeline is correct because I constantly lose my 2x scoring because the bell doesn't stop swinging in enough time to keep building it or restart the timer. Really frustrating now. I don't think there was a code change their but it would be nice if after a couple seconds the magnet would stop the bell.

That's normal, but agree that a short magnet stoppage action would help.

1 week later
#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just wondering for those that have the Pinbits illuminated lightning bolts if anyone has preference for the standard white vs. red. vs. blue filters and how they look in actual gameplay on the playfield (I've watched the Youtube video but hard to see how it lights up the playfield with the color variations).
Any opinions from those that have installed these?

I have them. Most people seem to like the red, but I think the red is just too much red added to already red heavy lighting on the playfield and doesn't contrast more with the rest of the game lighting. To me those flashers should be a pop of a different color. I chose blue and it is kind of a washed out blue like a real life lightening bolt - not a dark rich blue. It goes very well with the white back flash, like a real lightening flash. The red with the white back flash ... just doesn't seem like the right combo to me for a lightening bolt. The front flash isn't super bright to flash the bulbs directly in your eyes. The back flash is awesome. Just my opinion ... I like them better than the others that are on the market.

4 weeks later
#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do you know who made the original ones?

beatmaster made one version of them long ago with wires going to the detonator. I got one about a year or so ago from him that he still had laying around. Maybe check with him. With new ACDC pins being made, maybe he would start those back up if there was enough interest. Doesn't hurt to ask.

#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Heard back from beatmaster, he said if there is enough interest he would consider doing another run of the TnT Mod. So im pluging his mod as I think this is one of the coolest acdc mods out there.

Just so you know, this is the version of the dynamite that beatmaster was making before.

20180426_203957 (resized).jpg20180426_203957 (resized).jpg

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Can someone post some pictures of the TNT mod in action?

There's no action, lights, etc. It's just a static toy that can be added for looks. See my pic at the top of this thread page.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Looking for some help with a alt translite here is the image.
Harley D.

Hey ... that's the image on my pin's blanky

20180501_195624 (resized).jpg20180501_195624 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hey fellow AC/DC Premium owners, I'm trying to drum up some customers to go in with me on another run of CPR9999's AC/DC Roof Mod. I think we need a minimum of 10 people to make another run worth his while. Is there anyone who'd like to fill that triangular gap behind their stage with this mod like I would? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-roof-mod

I'd like one for behind the MikeD mod (different shape)

2 months later
#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No one has had a sudden loss of volume from a mid game coin door opening? This is crazy. Speakers aren't blown, but volume WAY off.
How could just turning down volume do this?

Are the call outs low level too? Or just the music? Bell and train sounds?

#1266 5 years ago

If you have a headphone accessory with volume control, check that too. Sometimes it will also control master volume. Could be wrong on that, but worth the check.

1 month later
#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's registered via an opto in the bracket that holds the bell. It must stop swinging before the next shot will register. Some games swing longer than others. Your, like mine, swings a lot so I have to avoid the shot until it does stop swinging. I'm sure you could make it swing less by roughing up the pivot point or adding a weak spring but it's not something I ever worried about so never attempted anything.

There is a magnet under the bell to stop it from swinging. Seems simple, but I wish they would put it in the code so that 3 seconds after a bell hit they would activate the magnet for a second or two to slow the bell swing down if the opto still shows it's swinging.

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What is the magnet for, if it does not slow down bell. Did they just forget to code it?

It kicks it a little in a ball search. Not sure when else it is used.

2 weeks later
#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Replaced with pinbits bolts
I'm really surprised hot glue didn't work.

The pinbits bolts with the built-in rearward extra back flash are the best in my opinion. Love them.

3 weeks later
#1369 5 years ago

The pinbits are better because of the back flash ... in my opinion. Love em.

5 months later
#1712 5 years ago

If you press another button (I forget which) it alternates between the live version and the album version.

4 months later
#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

What color lightning bolts look the best yellow, white or blue?

Pinbits blue with rear flashers

1 week later
#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I still love my Blue and chrome.
Added a few more mods and very happy with the outcome. I did a video on my mod addiction.
1) The Plunger with the light under is awesome , plus the coils that are also lit is impressive. They go off Yellow and Blue.
2) The stickers to go with my train track running up the left side is a must and a good price and you get the cannon balls for the right ramp.
3) Clear washers - installing those tonight
4) Drum sticks lighted installing tonight.
5) Lighted shooter ramp installing tonight.
Addicted and need serious help.
How was your day?? haha

Drum sticks? Or drum sets? I haven't seen a lighted drum stick mod yet?

1 week later
#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Any ideas for this big black square?? I know its petty but just looking for some cool ideas.[quoted image]

The Stern or Pinnovators headphone jack / volume control???

1 month later
#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Oh, and Mirror Blades are on the list

Pingraffix AC/DC powerbladez ... I love em for this title. They are a yellow flame color and not like the video with a bluish tint. If you like them, you might want to inquire about them.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/ac-dc-or-kiss-pinball-power-bladez-stern-pinball

2 weeks later
#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Reminder for anyone that is without this excellent mod (see pics at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod)! cpr9999 has stated he'll do another run of 10, maybe in time for Christmas, if and only if I can get him 10 orders. We're up to 4!
1. cpr9999's existing request in hand.
2. @mach5amps
3. @LukyDuck
4. @AJB4
Need 5 through 10!
I'm recruiting, but trying to keep it to only once a week to keep from being annoying. Come on, man! You know it's awesome. If you don't already have it, this lighted roof mod is the bomb! Who knows if this opportunity for another run will come up again!

If he made a roof top mod for those of us with the Mike D video mod I'd be in. It wouldn't require the extra lights for the band. Just a similar nice cover with the AC/DC cut out that would light up with the existing lights back there. It would be a different shape though, so probably too much work for the 10 or so that he would sell of that variety.

2 weeks later
#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I installed this mod years ago and love it. Not cheap, but very well done and has been rock solid over the years.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=559

I have had those too. I like the back flash on them. They come loose every once in a while - I gotta add some loctite to those threads.

1 month later
#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Those odds increased exponentially as I got tired of waiting and finally moved AC/DC out of my line-up to grab a JP Prem.
Miss the game but after 7 years of ownership I needed a change.

Anything that will help the odds. Thank you!

2 years later
#2994 2 years ago

I wish he would make a roof for that area for those of us with the MikeD LCD mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.