AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jester523.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#901 6 years ago

Just semi-joined the club. Put a deposit down on a Luci. First NIB game, and i'm pretty excited. Wife is somewhat neutral on the sexy demon girl. I explained that she is purple and has horns, so it's not really provocative. I personally think the Helen translite is nicer, but perhaps too "nipply" for a family game.

1 month later
#1059 6 years ago

Just got my Luci a few days ago, and installed a shaker but it's not working. Everything thing seems to be plugged in correctly. In the settings the shaker motor was set to Maximum use. I tried a coil test on the motor and it didn't go on. How do I troubleshoot this? Just bought the shaker, but not sure thats the issue or not.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Are both cables plugged in?
One cable goes from the shaker to the pcb board.
The other goes from the board to the back of the cabinet ... on the bottom is a brown wire with a molex connector. Is that plugged into the cable going to the pcb board?

Yeah, unfortunately.

I'm looking at this post and seeing if this is the issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-motor-install-in-recent-stern-acdc

Edit - this wire says "shaker motor ground." There is No where to plug it though. Did i get the wrong part?

20180325_191127 (resized).jpg20180325_191127 (resized).jpg

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Their should be a long single brown wire in the bottom of the cab (around the transformer). It's going to be hidden in that mess of wires down there. it's the only single brown wire in the lower part of the cab so you will know you have the right one. I think it should be an IDC connector though.
Found a video of someone installing their shaker in a MET. Will be the same for AC/DC. » YouTube video

I should probably update on this. This drove me crazy for 2 days. Everything was plugged in correctly and it didn't work. I contacted pinball life and Scott Danesi was helping me trouble shoot. He asked me to check the fuses and they were fine, but when I put them back in it started worked. I guess they werent seated properly? Not sure, but it's working now. Felt kind of stupid for not checking the fuses. I just assumed they would be fine straight out of the box. Shaker is working great now.

2 weeks later
#1085 6 years ago

I'm having issues with my AC/DC luci vault where the left and right ramps will only work intermittently. Basically if I shoot it up the left ramp and it's not working the diverter will not activate (if applicable) and it will not register as a completed task (e.g. doesn't add to jam multiple, doesn't turn off note, does score, etc). On the right ramp, it has similar issues (does not diver to cannon when applicable). This happens intermittently, and sometimes it works as it's supposed to. I tested the switches and both the entrance and exit switches on both ramps seem to be working correctly. Anyone have issues like this? not really sure what else to check.

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How did you test the switches?

I pulled the glass and put it into switch test mode and threw a ball up the ramp, and I watched to see which switches were triggered. Both the entrance and exit switches are being triggered. I noticed that the entrance trigger is being triggered multiple times on the right ramp as it's swinging back and forth. So it may do something like, entrance, exit, entrance, inlane.

I threw the ball up about 25 to 30 times and it's triggered the exit 95%+ of the time. When I play the ramp works 50% maybe. It's tough to say without knowing how it's programmed, but I assume the lane diverter and completion of the note is triggered by the exit switch. I'm not sure exactly what's happening when I play a game, is the switch not registering or some other issue.

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did you test the diverters? It likely has to be either the switches not registering properly or the diverters not working properly. Odd that both sides are having issues.

The diverters are working fine. I tested in the coil test. Plus sometimes it doesn't register that a ramp was scored, so it can't just be the diverter. hmmm...doesn't seem to make sense that the switches would work well when i'm throwing the ball up, and not work when i'm in an actual game. i'll play around with it more but it seems like something is off.

5 months later
#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Does the cannon is able to fire the ball for a full left orbit or left ramp on your machine? On my Premium, the cannon seems to be a bit weak...

I think angle is bad to get it up the ramp and orbit. That being said I've gotten to to go all the way on the ramp and orbit, but most of the time it just clunks.

#1322 5 years ago

What do you guys use to keep your lightening bolt flashers from falling out? Mine were initially hot glued by stern, but that didn't hold. I was thinking of trying my own hot glue.

I also bought hooked pinball lightening bolts, but thought it might be cool if it flashed from behind as well.

1 week later
#1340 5 years ago

Somehow Angus's leg plastic broke on my Luci. I'm guessing stern doesn't sell the plastic pieces separately? Not sure I want to buy a whole set for just the leg...but...it's kind of annoying me.

#1351 5 years ago

That's the broken leg piece

20181012_151601 (resized).jpg20181012_151601 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking for opinions. I want to enhance the lighting experience of acdc. My choices are Pinbits lightning bolts, hooked’s ver4 lightning bolts, or pinstadium lights / Orion’s Belt.
I’m leaning towards pinstadium or Orion’s Belt as I can do more than just enhance the lightning bolt flashers.
Any thoughts or opinions?

I just bought the hooked ones, and by mistake got the gen 4. They were bright as shit. I play in a dark garage and it was nauseating. I sent them back for the gen2s. I should be getting those any day. I honestly like the look of the hooked ones the best. They look the most "classic" / "retro" to me. So, just a caution, if you play in a dark room, the gen4s are super bright.

1 month later
#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Which is more brutal, acdc premium or SW premium? Love my acdc, and been considering a SW premium, but not sure another brutal game would be good for guests.

I think SW is more brutal for sure. AC/DC may have bad drains but the ramps are super easy to hit.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Picking up a premium vault next weekend. Anything I should check when setting it up, or common tweaks needed right out of the box?
Can’t wait!!

I know my cannon was scraping against the ramp. Had to shave it a bit. The "e" in AXE rubbers were causing the ball go stick. Reduced the size of the rubber.

4 weeks later
#1542 5 years ago

I know there are a ton of cannon issue threads, but didn't find exactly what i was looking for. The cannon is firing prematurely. when I put it in test mode, switch 62 triggers, and the cannon stops at the midpoint. when I have it continue, 62 flickers.

My guess is the flicker is being seen as the cannon going the full way and swinging back.

where should i start troubleshooing this? I was looking to see if light could be coming from somewhere, but didnt see anything. I'll check the outlane lights tonight. do I just need to change the opto?

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Mine was firing prematurely as well when I first got it. I had seen a thread about a light underneath the playfield at the cannon that somehow was affecting its operation.... just moved the light and problem went away. Any problems, let me know and I can take a picture of it

I read that too, but i'm not sure if it's the same on the Luci Vaults. The outlane bulbs looked to be circuit boards, flush to the wood, so there wasn't any light peeking through. Also, I was having the issue in test mode, so there wasn't any blinking lights. I took off the opto and cleaned it. I also cleaned the swinging arm that goes through the opto, thinking maybe there was a piece of dirt or something throwing the opto off. It's working now. Not exactly sure what it was though...

1 week later
#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I think if you drop all three target banks twice??? you light extra ball, maybe...might be three times

Yes, drop all target banks twice, or 25 combos.

1 month later
#1688 5 years ago

So...sorry if this is a stupid question, but I took most of my ac/DC luci vault apart to change the rubbers and add plastic protectors. When I was putting it back together I didn't know where this grey post and screw went so I just put it by the rock targets. I'm pretty sure that is not the correct place. Anyone have a clue where it actually goes?

20190315_154133 (resized).jpg20190315_154133 (resized).jpg

20190315_104654 (resized).jpg20190315_104654 (resized).jpg
#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

On my AC/DC Premium machine, there are gray posts like that, under the plastic barriers above the colored plastic pieces on the left side, under the left ramp.

Thanks! I tend to work on my machine late at night, and make a mistake here and there...

1 month later
#1764 5 years ago

Hoping this helps. My Titans lasted about 2 weeks. This time I used a bigger size (1 inch) on the left side. I'm hoping the looser rubber breaks less quickly. I also added the other rubbers on the posts, hoping they take the brunt of the force. I didnt have a larger rubber for the right side, so I used a 3/8 which is the original size.

Are certain colors less prone to breaking? Super bands better than Titans maybe?

20190418_113014 (resized).jpg20190418_113014 (resized).jpg
#1785 5 years ago

That's awesome because this is how mine looks currently

20190424_200412 (resized).jpg20190424_200412 (resized).jpg
#1789 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Fell off stage, that's not good.

Happens to the best of us

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Lazy updating? Hard to say something about it isn’t lazy when there are multiple actual major lights on the play field that still aren’t used lol. And oi mania.

Which lights? Cannon chaos and cannon volley? They are used, just not in any sort of interesting way.

1 week later
#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

How are they used? They literally mean nothing.

They keep track of how many successful cannon shots you have hit. When you start the game cannon fodder is blinking, because you have a cannon shot available. If you miss it, the light goes out, and then then next time you have a cannon shot available, cannon fodder will blink again. If you make it, cannon fodder will stay lit, and when the next cannon shot is available, cannon volley will blink. If you make that, it stays solid and on the next available cannon shot cannon chaos blinks. Once you hit three, it starts back over again.

Is is the coolest thing ever? No. But do they mean nothing? No as well.

#1849 4 years ago

Speaking of jackpots, I just had a 60m song jackpot, with 3x multiplier (180m) hit the target squarely and bounce right off. I almost cried.

1 week later
#1861 4 years ago

Anybody with the Laseriffic Train topper, do these buttons have any functionality? I just purchased the topper and it stays solid red. The buttons have seemingly no function. I wrote laseriffic / cointaker, but havent received a reply, and the CT support email info@ bounced back.

20190517_081216 (resized).jpg20190517_081216 (resized).jpg
#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm in the same boat. I bought one and nothing happens. cointaker told me they'd send me another controller but I haven't heard anything since after texting and everything.

Well that's a little disappointing. Not exactly a cheap product. Thanks for the info.

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We use these dimmers in some of our mods. Make sure the dimmer is not wired backwards. You’ll see it says led on one end and 12-24v on the other end. The led side of the dimmer should be on the side running to the topper, 12-24v should be on the side going to the game’s power connection. If it’s wired backwards, the light will just stay on a dimmer won’t function.

Just as an update, I went ahead and cut the wire and turned it around, and it is working fine now. It doesn't change color (but I am guessing it's just a straight red led strip), but the effects are working now. Thanks for the help.

I am a bit disappointed in laseriffic / cointaker for not even getting a response. I like to judge people on their best day, not their worst, but since this is my first experience with them, I probably won't ever buy anything from them again.

Guinnesstime you may never get a response or a new controller, but just try reversing flipping it around, and hopefully that solves it.

2 weeks later
#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

Not sure but here are my vault bolts.[quoted image][quoted image]

Weird...my luci vault are the old style. I changed them to the hooked ones though.

3 months later
#2032 4 years ago

I'm in for one as well.

8 months later
#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

One easy thing that you can do is to clean the ramps with WD40.
You will be amazed how much faster the ball moves with clean ramps.
I think Stern recommends that once a month...

oh wow, I've been using wax and its a bit of a pain. Would any spray lubricant work? I have some spray lithium i used to lubricate some pinball parts.

1 month later
#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I reached Oi Mania last night. I then forced myself to exclaim "Oi!" every time I hit a switch for the next 30 seconds. It would be so much easier for the machine to do it for me.

i'm not good enough to get to Oi Mania, but it's pretty ridiculous that they let that slip through testing.

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'll probably get flamed for this, but is there a way to disable the lower playfield? I didn't see anything in the manual. I probably should have gotten a Pro and saved some money, I got this one in a trade. I just can't stand the lower playfield, or almost any mini playfield for that matter.

I don't like playing the lower playfield much either. Looks cool though, and the drop targets are worth the premium price for me. That might sound kind of crazy though.

1 year later
#2959 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Can someone explain when the bell would swing by itself? In the tests, I can make it swing so I know it works. But I never see it swing by itself in the game. I thought I remember during hells bells, when the action button was lit, it would swing on its own. However, this will not happen.

I think you have to get enough of the horn bonus (collected in right orbit scoop). One of then is vip pass activates bell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jester523.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.