AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#995 6 years ago

** Star Wars vs. AC/DC? **

I know it's not the best comparison, and I know "vs" threads are irritating to many, but I would love to hear from any AC/DC Premium owners who also happen to have a SW Premium.

(The more obvious thread is a comparison between MET Premium and AC/DC Premium - which I've read, with keen interest.)

I'm shopping for a HUO pin and these two are presently the strongest contenders offered for sale in my region.

Thanks in advance for any/all opinions on how the two titles compare and if, in your case, one gets more plays in your collection than the other.

1 week later
#1035 6 years ago

** Vault Edition: Distinctions From Original-Run Premiums? **

I apologize if this has already been covered in other threads, but do Vault owners know, specifically, what improvements over the original-run Premiums were made for the Vault Edition? At this point the only constructive change I know of was to make the lens/window that covers the Underworld lower PF removable, rather than fixed.

What other changes were made? Were the faces of recently-revealed-to-be-racist band members' faces deleted from the translite photo assemblage? While interesting, if that's true, I'm more interested in gameplay and PF changes.

Thanks.

J

2 months later
#1210 5 years ago

** Production years to avoid when buying HUO original (non-Vault) AC/DC Premium? **

Hi.

I'm shopping for a HUO example of this title and wondered if there were production years that I should be wary of.

Metallica, for example, had a run with PF's whose paint would chip off. That kind of thing.

Thanks!

#1213 5 years ago

Thank you, R and V, for your helpful replies.

It sounds like there are no production years to avoid.

Whew!

#1214 5 years ago

** Polishing Underside of Lower PF Window? **

Has any of you ever polished the underside of the Underworld window with, say, Novus I?

My impulse, when addressing acrylic that's less than clear, is to polish it - ideally on both sides. Polishing the top of the window is simple enough, but who has polished the underside while the window is in place in the PF? I mean, once you drop the lower PF, is it easy enough to get in there polish that window? Are there any contra-indications? Like, Don't do that because...?

Thanks.

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I haven't used novus, but I wiped down and waxed the underside of the window.

Thanks, YZ, for your reply.

#1217 5 years ago

** Mods in Order of Importance? **

I'd love to hear from Premium owners just what mods they consider "must-haves" on their pins.

I take the need for a powered subwoofer for granted.

But what else?

I see the clear cross-over ramp is popular. I don't like additional action figures on the PF particularly, but I do love additional light-show enhancements.

Anyway, a list of your personal favorites would be super helpful!

Thanks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1220 5 years ago

** Pinstadium Lights: Do They Succeed/Shine in AC/DC? **

Does any of you have a set of Pinstadium lights in your AC/DC?

If so, how would rate their success on this particular playfield? I happen to think they look best on games with *fewer* clear ramps. For example, they shine in SW and they - ahem! - don't shine in TWD. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if I've posted too many queries so quickly. I'm just excited.

#1224 5 years ago

Thanks, V and Boiler, for your replies re: must-have mods.

I thought the lightning-bolt flashers were stock. Did they come stock on later runs? It seems like I've never seen an AC/DC Premium without them.

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Yes, with novus 2.
Note the difference in the window lace reflection

Hi, Toads.

Wow!

Helpful photo!

Does the polished window become clearer or just polished? I mean, if the acrylic opacifies, no amount of polishing would help, correct? If the polishing *does* help, then perhaps much of the perceived clouding of the window can actually be polished out, etc.

Thanks for your time!

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It will only help if the under side is scratched up. If it's cloudy that is on the top from the clear. Big thing to note though when looking at used games. Is the window cloudy or just dirty. Some owners are afraid to take the lower PF off and don't clean there. It's super easy to do and takes all of 5 mins but it can look intimidating. I take mine off every couple hundred of plays. By that time it does have a light coating of pinball dust already there.
When buying used you should be OK with a prem as very few had a cloudy window but some did so just check it out first. It will be obvious.<snip>

Thanks, '85Vette, for your help. I'm encouraged to know that the window can be polished without *too* much fuss and that the "clouded" window is limited to the LE's.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett: For mods:
- External sub
- Bass drum covers for the diverter coils
- Pinbits Lightening bolt flashers (their are flashers behind the stock plastics but they aren't great)
- Red apron with the interactive lights that integrate with the canon flasher. Makes a cool strobe effect when the cannon is ready.
- Shaker (some don't like them but I enjoy it on this pin)
- Roof top mod (if you can still find one) as they cover that ugly hole in the back right corner as well as add lighting for the band members
- mantis protectors for the scoops

Thanks for these suggestions. Don't know what the covers for the diverter coils might be, but I will research it. Kerry at Mantis says he makes no protectors for this playfield, so I wonder: did you mean Cliffy? And what mod maker offers the lighted apron?

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

To make sure I'm being clear. Their are some premiums with them but they are few and far between. You can't polish out the cloudiness but if you get minor scratches you can polish them out carefully. It's acrylic so all those rules apply.

Thought they were manits protectors. Must be someone else making the same style then. Here is what I got years ago. I just have the two scoops and not the other two. Looks like he sells as a full kit now. I've got thousands of plays on my game with them and no wear at all.
ebay.com link » Stern Pinball Acdc Total Protection Kit

I looked at this eBay kit per your suggestion. It appears to include a protector that mounts behind the drops. Interesting. All the pieces are stainless. I wonder if they're "clangy." Did you have to drill any holes in the top of your PF to install the scoop protectors from this kit?

Oh, and thanks for your message.

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My TNT targets sometimes go down without even being hit, sometimes just when the ball is placed in shooter lane. Often will register as hit just by shaker motor or randomly.
Also my slings are crazy strong all of the sudden will shoot the ball in the air sometimes over the opposite sling into the drain.
Any thoughts?

Hi, Rai.

In my experience with Stern S.A.M.-system pins, there's a setting in the "Adjustments" menu within the main Service Menu where you can set the power of the sling coils to low, medium, or high.

As to your TNT drops that drop without strikes, I don't know a fix offhand, but I would start by raising the playfield and taking a close look at how the bank is sitting in the PF slot. I s'pose there's a chance the bank is sitting too far forward, placing the slightest amount of pressure on the drops. Loosening the anchor screws will allow a small amount of repositioning, but not much. The other thing to note is the fact that the AC/DC playfield gives up a lot of its rigidity with the presence of a giant mid-field hole cut out of it for the Underworld PF. It's not unreasonable to think that even ejecting a ball into your shooter lane will cause a minor tremor of the PF that *could* be enough to trigger a drop target if its bank were in the wrong position.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.