AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezatnova.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Uninspired coding?

Lazy updating? Hard to say something about it isn’t lazy when there are multiple actual major lights on the play field that still aren’t used lol. And oi mania.

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Which lights? Cannon chaos and cannon volley? They are used, just not in any sort of interesting way.

How are they used? They literally mean nothing.

2 months later
#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Seems like a bug with the Hold Bonus in the new code? On final ball it doesn't give it.
Anyone noticed this?

When you say “give it”, you don’t mean that you expected to earn the bonus value, right? Just to clarify, hold bonus just means you don’t start building it up from zero again on the next ball. You still have to earn it like normal.

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Quick note to new buyers and those that have not tried our lightning bolts yet.
Version 5.0 will be released this month.
Due to popular demand Yellow is back, Blue & Warm white are 15% dialed back (people said they were a bit too bright in dark settings).
We have relocated the power tabs to the bottom of the PCB and added factory installed secondary lower power trace.
We will be making a new vid to showcase the changes.
The 4.0 version currently on the site will be the brightest we ever make and there are a few kits left.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p17/ACDC-4th-Generation-Lightning-Bolts-Pinball-Mod.html

Have the 4.0 in warm white and FWIW I play in a dark game room and it’s not too bright to me, it’s awesome.
Curious what’s the point of the secondary lower power trace?

1 month later
#1995 4 years ago

Guys, need help understanding whether I can “solve” this, or it is what it is. Last night I was showing some friends the audits menu and then stumbled on the Tournament menu. Not realizing until much later that you actually need a stupid physical extra Tournament button to DO tournament, I activated one figuring we could play it.

Now, knowing I can’t actually do that since I don’t have that button, it still shows this new stuff on the scrolling menu in between games about “CURRENT WINNERS” or something, and scrolls through the factory default names.

I have ensured that the tournament is over. I’ve started a one minute tournament. I’ve started and then ended a tournament. Nothing stops this crap from showing on the menu now, in between games.

Can anyone help me figure out how to clear that out so it doesn’t show some meaningless fake tournament into every single time?
4E4EFFDC-5C73-44BB-88E9-6C79E34E6868 (resized).jpeg4E4EFFDC-5C73-44BB-88E9-6C79E34E6868 (resized).jpeg

#1999 4 years ago

The way it was written makes no sense, but I’m guessing he meant change the settings to have 5 balls per game rather than 3?

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Start and stop a tournament ten times. That will clear it.

I legit thought you were trolling me, but it worked. Lol. Thanks

1 month later
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Im an outsider but i hope you can accept me in the Club
Modded PRO
Button guards
Playfield protector
Leds
Transparent rubbers with some blacks
Red flippers
My Custom Center Decal (lot of hours working on it, but i think ended up very nice).
Moving bell from the Pro VE
I found the music/bass on the game a bit off sometimes, best way to go is external subwoofer?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FYI there is a Pro thread too

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/

3 weeks later
#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I'm in the club!! Just picked up a 2013 build last night. There is a lot going on in this game. I printed the rules and spent most of the night playing and reading trying to figure out what was going on. Love it so far.
If I understand it correctly, "completing" a song doesn't really have anything to do with that songs shot. The shot (bell for Hell's Bell, TNT drops for TNT, etc.) gives you more points than a normal shot, but to complete the song you have to light 8 songs on the jukebox? Can you complete a song without hitting any shots for that specific song? So if I was playing Hells Bells I could potential complete Hells Bells by lighting 8 songs on the jukebox, but never actually hit the bell? Same for TNT, light 8 songs on jukebox, but never complete the TNT bank?

Yes. Any 8 (or however many you set it to in the settings)

1 month later
#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I fluked a sweep of TNT targets last week, first time in about 50 games.
Is a sweep of the 3 targets common ?
Wonder if Lyman might consider to add a call out or reward for a TNT sweep ?
In addition, Installed the cannon mod the other day. It's a nice finishing touch.
AC/DC pin is Awesome ! [quoted image][quoted image]

Cannon looks good!

For tnt do you mean you got the three TNT letter targets in order from left to right?

I think there is some sort of bonus or something if you hit all three whole banks, AC⚡️DC TNT and ROCK left to right, which is pretty much impossible lol

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Close. You get a bonus for hitting multiple banks on one shot, not completing all of them in one shot. You’re right. That’s impossible. Haha. But let’s say you’re in album MB and only have one target left on all banks, totally possible to finish all of them while super targets is running for a big payoff.
Super Targets: “Target bank combos active. 2x second bank, 3x third bank.” If you hit two or three different target banks with the same shot, the second hit is worth double, and the third hit is worth triple. This can be significant in the target bank songs, and is especially beneficial in Album Multiball, where it can award a 2x or 3x Song Bonus.

Sorry, I mean multiple shots. Like three shots and you hit T then N then T. Doesn’t have to be consecutive. Like, you could hit R then O then a bunch of other stuff, then C then other stuff and finally K, and that would count as hitting it in order.

I didn’t know about what your explained either, though.

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No bonuses for what you’re talking about.

This is from the rules sheet, under Album Multiball, just not all the time. Forgot about that part.

“If you complete any target bank in order, from left to right, you will earn a Double Jackpot.”

4 months later
#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I need some help from an AC/DC owner if someone is willing. I'm working on designing a mod that covers the coil under the cannon plastic on the right of the machine.
What I need is a trace of the side profile of the plastic assembly. Basically you would need to remove the two screws that mount the plastic assembly, lay it on its side, then do a full perimeter trace and scan or mail to me. I also need to know the measurement of the gap between the metal bracket where the screws secure it and the metal bracket above that rivets both plastics. The third image in my post outlines the trace I need in green, and the measurement I need in yellow.
Please PM me if you can help.
I don't own or have access to an AC/DC or I would do it myself. Also, unfortunately the owner who has asked me to design the mod has some physical issues that prevent him from being able to do it. Once designed and tested, I will offer the mod for sale here in the forum. I'm not sure where I will set the price yet, but it will be $20 or less.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mr_Tantrum did anyone ever help you with this??

#2614 3 years ago

Looks good! Thanks for making these

3 weeks later
#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Question... who makes the best flashing bolts? Hooked on Pinball makes a pretty nice looking set... anyone else? And any color recommendations?

I prefer the Pinbits ones (look cleaner and overall better to me). But looks like their site may be down? Don’t know the status of their business.

#2666 3 years ago

Pinbits ones never once bothered me except on Extra Ball when the rest of the machine goes dark, but that’s a special a rare thing so I’m all for a crazy show. Anyway, pinbits warm white no filter.

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just investigated as curious.
I have pinbits - these.
And can see why they are more muted - leds are not exposed on the surface. [quoted image]

yep. Pinbits. Awesome flash but not annoying at all.

3 weeks later
#2745 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Good question. Somebody try it! I would think somebody shopped their lower playfield and accidentally forgot to put the ball in when they remounted it and fired up a game. Where's that guy? LOL

Would be worth trying. My guess (admittedly, as someone who bought a NIB Pro Vault because a) no lower field I dislike, b) no angus face, and c) nice improved swinging bell), I bet it will error out and flash that it needs a ball on the DMD and won’t start a new game.

3 months later
#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

My AC/DC Premium machine has developed a new glitch that I was wondering if anyone else has encountered. When the ball is first launched to the juke box and you hold the right flipper button, the strong exit from the juke box hole hits the rubber post at the bottom of the right orbit lane, before the top ball gate and never makes it down to the playfield along the right orbit. So, I am almost never able to attempt the super skill shot. Sometimes, it will still make it to the right orbit after it bounces off a post and back up again to the right orbit, but that is a little rare. I have removed both ramps and the plastic over the juke box scoop to see if there was anything visible that makes the ball exit a little low and I can't see anything obvious. I did install a cliffy on the juke box hole and I took that off to see if that might be the problem. That did not change anything. I also replaced the microswitch that registers a ball in the juke box hole and that had no effect. I plan to replace the coil (part 23-800), the plunger (part 515-5941-01) with the plastic on the end and the spring on the vertical upkick there to see if that helps any. The directional scoop at the top of the juke box hole does not appear to be bent or damaged and I did remove it to see if there were any visible defects and found none. This has a been a LOT of work, so I am hoping that someone has already seen this problem and has a solution. I am hoping that the age of my coil has made it weak and caused the strong launch to dip a little bit and hit that post. But it seems to kick out pretty hard, so have not attempted the replacement yet. Replacing that coil would have been simple compared to what I have done to this point.

Mine did that after my Cliffy install. It’s not the protector itself but rather the kick out shield piece got moved. A tiny bit screws it up. Unfortunately the solution is getting back down in there to get to the two hex head screws and pushing the shield up more parallel to the back of the play field. Still, after fixing mine, it does this about 1 in 10 times.

3 months later
#2892 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Quick question... When going into the Utility Menu and selecting Time, then entering month, day and time (which I have done). Is there another setting for me
to be able to see the date/time displayed in the DMD during attract mode, or is this setting strictly for 'Data Dumps' and Tournament play? Perhaps I'm over looking another setting in the manual for it to be displayed.
Thanks in advance!

no way to display that like you are trying to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezatnova.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=ezatnova and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.