AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captive_ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago

^^^^^Now that is a detonator! Looks sharp.

2 years later
#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Where did u get the acdc cannon thats on the center of the apron ? Looks dam good

ebay.com link: BBUM0055 AC DC ROCK N ROLL MUSIC HEAVY METAL ROCK BAND ALLOY BELT BUCKLE

1 month later
1 month later
#318 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Got a luci for some 3-4 months now and i can't get into it yet.
it seems to me repetitive as there are the 3 same MB in each song. the way to come to them is just different.
am i wrong? what do you love with this game? maybe i miss something

AC/DC is a huge risk/reward based game. The normal way to get high scores is to pick a favorable song mode....Hells Bells is usually the best for this. Then you want to spell fire 3 times (inlanes/outlanes area) to light the cannon. If you are able to light the cannon while you have a good ball/multi-ball going...the song jackpot will be really high. If you are able to cash in with 2X or 3X playfield running....you can really cash in. Must do this on the current ball you are on....if you drain the song jackpot value start over from zero. As an example....I was playing last night and had Album multi-ball running. Was able to get 3X playfield scoring by hitting the bell several times....spelled fire three times to light the cannon...so my song jackpot was a little over 25MM base...so when I hit the blinking drop-down target...BAM! 76MM points....in one shot! What a rush.

Have you tried to progress through the song modes? This is a very difficult task to complete. To make it to the wizard mode you have to complete all the songs. Each time you complete 8 shots for the song mode you are prompted to "change your song" by shooting the jukebox. I have only been able to complete 9 songs a few times...hope I will get to 12 one of these days.

Do you know how the add-a-ball during multi-ball works?

I understand it's just not some people's cup of tea...but its a great game...It holds that "one more game" factor for me.

When you say you aren't into it...is it slow/easy...or a ball drainer that frustrates you?

#323 7 years ago

Finishing the song by hitting eight different shots on the playfield is the goal of the modes....multi-ball is a different animal to facilitate higher scoring.

Stacking the multi-balls isn't a good strategy for AC/DC. It would likely be better points-wise to be in three separate than all three together.

Bowen did a good tutorial on it.

1 month later
#337 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Can a translucent red apron be found anywhere?

Quoted from MIL:

Get in touch with TimeBandit on here . He was selling some sweet looking aftermarket translucent aprons in a variety of colours .

Here is TimeBandit's thread on the subject

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coloured-and-tinted-aprons

1 month later
#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

What does look good on bible is a set of those speaker led inserts you have in the Star Trek next to it.
Set to blue like in the pic with no plastic inserts.

I can see the devil pinup already on the speaker grills of the machine, just not lit up

1 week later
#410 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Quick quiz because I get them mixed up and I am to lazy to go over the 20 pages of rules - which shots add a ball for each of the 3 Multiballs?

I believe its the music note shots (Left orbit, left ramp, bell, right ramp, right orbit). After each time you receive the add a ball you have to do an additional shot the next time around ie: first add a ball is 5 shots, next time you would need to hit 6 of these lit shots. And you have to hit the lit ones...not just any of the shots that add upto that quantity.

For me ...hitting the right orbit is the most difficult.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...think this is correct.

#415 7 years ago

Thank you for clarifying smassa

3 months later
#508 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

What's the best way to clean the inside of the lower playfield window? There appears to be four brackets held in by phillips head screws that can be unscrewed, playfield lowered, and (with someone holding onto the lower un-attached playfield) the window cleaned.
Just curious as to the best way to do this. My window isn't bad, just needs a little wipe down after 4 years.

Sorry....a little late..posted this in the Luci thread before...bungy cords worked for me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-luuuuuv-luci-whos-in-the-club/page/11#post-3480646

65186c29e555d7087d7cc654d4c486b28e7f83b7 (resized).jpg65186c29e555d7087d7cc654d4c486b28e7f83b7 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#634 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I finally updated to 1.68 after 3 years and noticed 2 things I was wondering about when compared to 1.63
1) I Don't get the replay animation/sound anymore. Checked setting and can't find what changed.
2) The TNT bank doesn't always reset on some songs until I hit the detonator target. On others it resets when I get 3 down. Was this added in 1.68 ?
Readme doesn't mention either of these.
Appreciate any help on if you think I need to re-flash or these are changes in rules.

Bumping since it may have been lost after other comments. I have 1.68 version and I don't have these issues. I do have to hit the detonator target when TNT is playing, but not on other songs. Is there a chance that when all TNT targets are down, one of the lights is still flashing? Meaning it did not register the drop target going down? This has heppened to me a handful of times, so I have to re-seat the connectors on the drop target board, then it works like it should again.

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Thanks, I didn't even think of a bad TNT switch. Will check that and re-flash the firmware also since you don't have the Replay problem.
BTW, I am swapping the Centaur playfield. I also need to fix a problem with the cabinet I didn't notice until I had it apart so going to take longer than a simple swap.
Thanks again

Will be an awesome game...should play FAST now

1 week later
#680 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The bell saucer was tough to do on mine. The screws were so tight that there was no way to remove them by hand. I had to use a drill with a phillips bit to get those out!

I have the Mantis style protectors....the jukebox protector was the one that gave me the most trouble.

Quoted from Rob_G:

On a side note, it's a good idea to put a lock washer on the bell retaining screw so it doesn't come loose. A loose bell can break the opto.

That's what happened to mine about 5 months in....luckily it was still under warranty, so I received a replacement opto board....good thinking, I need to get a lock washer on there.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds like you got the bonus doubler. You can get a separate multiplier by draining out an outlane when that lane is flashing. If you go down an inlane while the lane is flashing it doubles just your next shot where if you get it on an outlane it doubles the bonus. You can get multiples of this in one ball (collecting during MB) which can really blow up a bonus.

Of course, while that insert is flashing, you are not making progress to loading the canon for that monster song jackpot you are building.

#724 6 years ago

Also....you might reach out to Pinsider 85Vette....he had made some covers as well a few years back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-band-stage-roof#post-1493227

3 months later
#792 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I gladly accept freezie's spot in this amazing club!!!

Quoted from AJB4:

Finally in the club with a Premium Vault - happy to be on the Rock n' Roll Train!

Congrats fellas...this is a great club to be a part of. Now, "hit the fire button"

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

OK guys. Help a brother out. I just got double bonus and a triple bonus. How the hell did that happen?

When the "F" or "E" outlanes are blinking and the ball trips the switch you will get double bonus...another time during the ball will get you 3X. Only works on the outlanes, not the inlanes.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How was it? I'm thinking after 12k plays, mine definitely needs it.

It's not too bad....I cleaned the window too....and put on mini Superbands...the stock flipper rubbers were looking sad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-luuuuuv-luci-whos-in-the-club/page/11#post-3477826

4 months later
#954 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Wow, a full week and not one reply Clearly I'm the first one this has happened to

Sorry for a late response. This has happened a few times to me where two balls get stuck in the cannon. After the few attempts by the ball search, where the cannon is unable to move and it looks like it will not clear.....I wait another 10-15 seconds and then the cannon moves and the balls come out as they should. I've never had to remove the glass or open the coin door to correct the issue.

1 week later
#989 6 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

How many AC DC Premium and Premium VE machines were made?

That's a question a lot of us would like to know the answer to....but Stern does not release it's production numbers.

3 weeks later
#1065 6 years ago

^^^^I've had that happen to me...maybe 4-5 times in the few thousands of games that have been put on the machine. Wasn't frequent enough to worry about. I would have to wiggle the machine a bit...and sometimes tilt that ball.

5 months later
#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ya know....I've had this game for two years and never realized those were devils horns on the red inserts!

The devil horn "STUFF" was added in the latest code that came out earlier this year.....It was not in the code previously.

I haven't figured out a good strategy on the game since the new code dropped...I did get a huge surge of points during album multiball while TNT was running....don't remember ever getting points like that before.

Any good strategies out there with new code?

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Since the update that really evened out the songs and reduced the Hells Bells advantage, I play Thunderstruck and start Jam as often as possible. Sometimes I will switch to TNT before Album if I have a huge Song Bonus to collect. Then I will switch to Rock and Roll train and continue with Jam. Both of those songs make it easy to get the add-a-ball from VIP if you have any left.

Thanks Rock and Roll Train is usually a staple for me....since its the shot I feel most comfortable being able to hit on most AC/DC machines. I try to pay attention to line up the multiballs with the corresponding mode when possible. I get into Jam far more often then the others....unless I'm bricking a lot, then Album it is

4 months later
#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I’m needing to replace my flipper rubbers... where is a good place to buy them?... Is One brand better than the other? Thank You for the advice.

I like Titan Pinball silicon rings....have put on a handful of my games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if you’re on a jam MB that takes 12 shots to light, safer than trying to pick off mode shots in single ball play.

I've completed 9 songs on three different occasions.....all of those games I had Jam MB at least 5 times. When your able to get in a groove of hitting the ramps over and over, it doesn't take long to get back into Jam.

#1591 5 years ago

Finally made it to Encore today! Difficult to progress through it so I didn’t score many points...was a rush the last couple songs to make it. Must have done Jam MB 7-8 times.

17BB6FDB-B107-4274-A6D2-E1898EC5A047 (resized).jpeg17BB6FDB-B107-4274-A6D2-E1898EC5A047 (resized).jpeg93B54B07-6FDD-4F3E-BB41-AC35EC181263 (resized).jpeg93B54B07-6FDD-4F3E-BB41-AC35EC181263 (resized).jpeg

#1631 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does the Luci Premium have the same plastic set as the "standard" premium model?

Yes. Only difference is the lower playfield art and cabinet art.

3 months later
#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Am I the only one who thinks AC/DC pinball is better than Metallica?

I have way more fun combo-ing ramps then hitting sparky over and over again

3 months later
#2085 4 years ago

Does the ColorDMD still work with the new code (v1.70) installed?

2 weeks later
#2123 4 years ago

HeadNZ...Here is a pick of the rubber post I installed after removing the factory installed spring that redirects the ball from SDTM drains. It’s worked great for me.
57E22A5E-4BA1-4688-9678-6541156A93B8 (resized).jpeg57E22A5E-4BA1-4688-9678-6541156A93B8 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captive_ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=captive_ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.