AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:Hi
I just bought a Luci VE and my cannon is firing by hitself seconds after starting to move. I double checked connections and opto. But switch 61-62 are triggering correctly.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

My Premium VE is doing the same thing but is intermittent.... Someone had mentioned a light under the playfield in the area of the cannon is shining on something under there affecting its operation.... I’m not sure how to find that post.

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys.
I have an AC/DC Prem.....
I was wondering if any of you in this club also had a TWDLE? I am in a position to trade my AC/DC (+$) for TWDLE. I have never played TWD and wondered if any of you might have an honest, unbiased opinion as to whether or not I would be making a mistake.
Thanks for any input guys!
Kyle

I have only played TWD a few times.... It wasn’t a theme for me but a lot of people like it. I have an AC/DC. One thing that made me like and enjoy the AC/DC more was learning the rules. That made it a much better and Awesome pin. I’m sure learning the gameplay on any pin would make them more fun... My suggestion to you would be to play it first before making any decisions.

3 weeks later
#1364 5 years ago

Does anyone know if Pinbits lightning bolts are still being made? And if Pinbits are still being made, Which is the better one to go with... Hooked or Pinbits?

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I have a brand new set of Hooked Gen 4 Bolts in Red with Yellow Lights. $85 Shipped. PM if interested

Thank you for the offer, but I would like the white lights. Although, I’ve seen posts on here saying with the white lights you might need to wear a welders helmet during game play

2 months later
#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

My father-in-law bought a NIB Vault edition recently and he's *really* struggling with this thing, skill wise. He averages 5-8 million points and 3-4 cusswords per game. Generally his drains come from a left ramp rollback down the center, Bell rebound down the center, TNT rebound down the center, or right bumper popping to the left outlane.
What can we do to make it easier (more fun for him) to play without just extending ball save time and making it a 5 ball game?
I was able to decrease the size of the left outlane, but the right one is covered by the cannon and I was nervous about messing with all of that. I'm a novice myself. Any other suggestions?

Tell your father-in-law him and I have a lot in common..... We aren’t good at pinball The best thing We can do is to Not give up and keep playing... Practice makes Perfect... I have a problem with all my machines. I can’t keep that ball in play at all. I’ve told my wife that if these machines don’t straighten up they’re going out by the trash

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Well, I sold the Vette. And guess what the first thing I did was?? Yup! I put down a deposit on an AC/DC Premium/LE with shaker motor, v.4 lightning bolts, etc. Picking it up on Wednesday. Now the next critical question: which topper?

Train Topper... What color of lighting did you go on your lightning bolts?

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

It came with red. Not sure that would have been my first choice, but I’ll wait to see it in person before deciding. Picking it up the day after Christmas. Can’t wait!!!

Oh, the game came with the lightning bolts..... The red looks really nice. I have seen some people haven’t been liking the white lights as they are super bright. We ultimately ended up going with the blue lighting in the lightning bolts and absolutely Love it!.... If you haven’t played this game much, I would suggest watching some tutorial videos... they are very helpful. We are Super Excited for you to get your game!!.... Merry Christmas!!

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the Prem VE have the same sound system in it? I have an external sub I plan to hook up to mine, but wanted to upgrade all the speakers so that I can hopefully match the increase in quality of bass with better mids and highs too.
From my research:
the backbox speakers are 4" and the cabinet speaker is 12" ?
thanks!

The cabinet opening measures 6.5”... It must be an 8” speaker. We have a 10” sub hooked up and it is perfect for the Pin.

3 weeks later
#1516 5 years ago

anybody have experience with changing out some lighting? I have some lights that are blinding that I would like to change and am looking for some recommendations. Underneath both ramps are clear white bulbs that are blinding. thinking of swapping them out for some frosted, possibly color bulbs. Actually, there are several around the playfield I would like to change out. Would it hurt to go with color frosted bulbs?.. Will it affect the lighting too much? ... I do have Pinstadiums installed if that helps... Thank You for you thoughts and comments. Brock

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Don't change colors if you have a prem/LE, just swap to frosted. AC/DC's GI is colored via the code in the game so if you change colors you will change some of the effects.

I didn’t think of that.. So do I need to use a certain bulb if these change colors?

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:Seeking advice for anyone with a Vault premium..I am trying to remove the lower PF, but a few of the screws holding it down are gored out and won't accept a metric or standard hex screwdriver. Any advice on how to get them out?

What I did, since those screws are smaller than a gnats nut, is get a magnifying glass so I could see what it actually is. Mine is a Vault also

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I know there are a ton of cannon issue threads, but didn't find exactly what i was looking for. The cannon is firing prematurely. when I put it in test mode, switch 62 triggers, and the cannon stops at the midpoint. when I have it continue, 62 flickers.
My guess is the flicker is being seen as the cannon going the full way and swinging back.
where should i start troubleshooing this? I was looking to see if light could be coming from somewhere, but didnt see anything. I'll check the outlane lights tonight. do I just need to change the opto?

Mine was firing prematurely as well when I first got it. I had seen a thread about a light underneath the playfield at the cannon that somehow was affecting its operation.... just moved the light and problem went away. Any problems, let me know and I can take a picture of it

#1554 5 years ago

I’m needing to replace my flipper rubbers... where is a good place to buy them?... Is One brand better than the other? Thank You for the advice.

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pinball life
I'm not a fan of titan or super bands on the flippers. They change the way the ball feels and behaves on them. If that will bother you get standard rubber. If that doesn't bother you, you have a need for them to lost longer (on route) or want to use different colors they are a good choice. They do play different though.

What are standard rubbers?.... is that what Stern uses on their machines? The ones I’m needing to replace are on my AC/DC. For some reason the flipper rubbers are taking a beating and already have bad spots on both flippers. We bought our Metallica Pro 2 years before AC/DC and those flipper rubbers aren’t showing any wear at all. Is there different rubbers they use for Pro and Premium?

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Do you have the manual?
All the info you need is in the manual.

I do have the manual..... I was just curious as to what is a good flipper rubbers or bands to go with. I have never changed them.. The game is just over a year old.

#1572 5 years ago
A518AB9A-FABC-4433-9721-7AA085AD4125 (resized).jpegA518AB9A-FABC-4433-9721-7AA085AD4125 (resized).jpegD7F49C10-763A-41FA-B467-43E1760E181E (resized).jpegD7F49C10-763A-41FA-B467-43E1760E181E (resized).jpegF65B236B-F9BF-4D75-834F-49B55E8A7CBE (resized).jpegF65B236B-F9BF-4D75-834F-49B55E8A7CBE (resized).jpeg
#1573 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Super bands are a made of a different material and are not what come on the machines. The rubbers are the same for both prem and pro games. Not sure what you mean by bad spots but if you are talking about then coming apart it could just be a bad set or other factors (speed of the game is one example). Factory replacement is rubber. Titan's and Superbands are different material but they do generally last longer. If you don't want standard I'd suggest Titans first as they play more closely to standard rubber. Flipper rubber comes down to personal preference. I personally have no issues with replacing mine more often and using the normal stuff. It's cheap and easy.

I posted some pics as to what mine look like..... Where would you buy the regular rubbers?

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

You can take those flipper rubbers off, rotate them, and put them back on so that worn area at the tip is near the flipper shaft where it won't touch the ball to get 2x the life out of them.

I never thought of that... Thank You!

3 weeks later
#1642 5 years ago

All my machines are Drain Monsters

1 month later
#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Joined the Prem club last Sat.! Had my eye on this pin for quite awhile. Time to start reading all the posts in this thread and learning the rules!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-rule-sheet

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks bsobie!

You are a Welcome! I sure hope it helps.

2 months later
#1890 4 years ago

Does anyone have any sound issues with their AC/DC Premium vault? Our back box speakers are really muddy sounding. Is it the speakers or is it the recordings they used?

3 weeks later
#1930 4 years ago

If anyone is thinking of going with the Hooked Lightning Bolts and not sure what to go with.... we have the Gen4 blue lights with the stainless bolts..... Absolutely Awesome lights!!!

3 months later
#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Whooo Whoot!
Now, to get it to the basement. Eventually.[quoted image]

Which carrier delivered your AC/DC?

1 month later
#2392 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For those with the premium vault, did you remove the lower playfield it take the playfield window off to clean down there and the clean the window? I’m afraid the window will be a pain in the ass to relevel if I take that off.
Thanks!

I have removed the glass to clean the lower playfield and had no issues reinstalling the glass to level

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

16,500 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.