AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We are upgrading to color DMD, recommend LCD or LED?

LCD, for sure. LED only when space dictates it.

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

As info, there is a gap with the Color LCD, I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet. Search through some threads on this just in case.
I'm a fan of LED, I like how vibrant the dots are and I'm more of a purist with the dots vs. blended or XL. The LED is a better fit too, and I do not believe there is a gap with the LED, but I'm not positive.

The LED does fit better, but the LCD is more versatile. I'm working on a gasket for the LCD that fills up that gap completely so there's no light bleed on the sides. On the jillionth prototype, but we're very close.

1 week later
#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Looking for some help with a alt translite here is the image.
Harley D.

Aspect ratio is not ideal. What's the source resolution of that image?

1 week later
#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I got through half of Encore, cashing out an 84 and 134 million jackpot in that mode alone during it.
This was an explosive round of play tonight.

This game beats the crap out of me, but I keep coming back. Super-impressive score!

3 weeks later
#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Hey guys... Hoping to drum up some interest from someone selling their machine - I'm looking to buy an AC/DC LE (LTBR or BIBLE). Not interested in the new ones. Looking for a minty old (HUO) model.... Who has one they want to sell (or trade)?
Thanks !

It would help if your profile said where you are.

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Can I ask the group a question.
I'm looking to get an AC/DC premium next month after a move. The prices for nice premiums and the new Luci versions are roughly the same, give or take. I'm inclined to get a new Luci, but is there any compelling reason to look out for nice original premiums instead, if prices are relatively equivalent? I know the cabinet art is different, but is there anything different with the pf or mechanics between the two, best anyone knows?
Thanks in advance!

Biggest reason to get a nice original is better wood on the cabinet and playfields and generally better construction. Stern has gotten REALLY cheap since the original AC/DC came out. As long as you get an original with a clear playfield window, that's the superior option.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Played a vault last weekend — the ball trajectory was noticeably changed rolling over the window screw heads a number of times. Obviously never had this happening an original.. something to consider.

From the factory the window on the vault was sunken. Home users and decent operators used a washer to make the window level, which eliminates this. Sounds like that operator may suck.

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Production years to avoid when buying HUO original (non-Vault) AC/DC Premium? **
Hi.
I'm shopping for a HUO example of this title and wondered if there were production years that I should be wary of.
Metallica, for example, had a run with PF's whose paint would chip off. That kind of thing.
Thanks!

Yeah, a cloudy window to the lower playfield is the only thing I know of to look out for, and that's mostly on the two styles of LE.

#1218 5 years ago

** Polishing Underside of Lower PF Window? **
Has any of you ever polished the underside of the Underworld window with, say, Novus I?
My impulse, when addressing acrylic that's less than clear, is to polish it - ideally on both sides. Polishing the top of the window is simple enough, but who has polished the underside while the window is in place in the PF? I mean, once you drop the lower PF, is it easy enough to get in there polish that window? Are there any contra-indications? Like, Don't do that because...?
Thanks.

Pretty sure the problem is with the clear itself. There are some videos showing how you can use heat to clear the clear, but given that there's acrylic underneath, I haven't grown the balls large enough to try it.

#1219 5 years ago

** Mods in Order of Importance? **
I'd love to hear from Premium owners just what mods they consider "must-haves" on their pins.
I take the need for a powered subwoofer for granted.
But what else?
I see the clear cross-over ramp is popular. I don't like additional action figures on the PF particularly, but I do love additional light-show enhancements.
Anyway, a list of your personal favorites would be super helpful!
Thanks.

Color DMD, speaker lights, and the LED lightning bolts. That's it.

#1228 5 years ago

Thanks, V and Boiler, for your replies re: must-have mods.
I thought the lightning-bolt flashers were stock. Did they come stock on later runs? It seems like I've never seen an AC/DC Premium without them.

The lightning bolts are stock, but from the factory they just have an incandescent bulb behind them that goes off in the wimpiest way possible. The LED mod ones light up with LEDs all over the fact of the bolts as you would expect.

1 year later
#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

So the LUCI is premium to begin with...correct?? newbie here....what's translite?
Did you do the extra subwoofer add on? I am looking at a few 10-12" to go under the machine to really rock the house. HAHA.
Have you done any mods?
Thanks for your time.

Luci is always a Premium, but there are differences between the original Luci and the Vault Luci. The vault has a removable window, but has the original drummer taken off the jitter toy in the back right since this was released when he was out of the band for trying to get a dirty deed done dirt cheap. The original Luci also has crappier incandescent lightning bolts, but that's not a huge deal since you'll likely be replacing them anyway. Original Luci can have a color DMD added without a gasket and standoffs, but the speaker holes are smaller.

1 month later
#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like the stock ones best.

Which? There's two "stock" versions from Stern.

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Is the firmware for ACDC complete or is there something missing?

Oi Mania is messed up, for one. So another update is likely coming at some point.

#1956 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The newer Stern designed ones are rather nice quality too.
Rob

Yes. The original Stern lightning bolts were flimsy, lame under-designed messes. But the newer Stern ones are MUCH sturdier and use LEDs rather than incandescents bulbs. MUCH better.

3 weeks later
#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Any ideas for this big black square?? I know its petty but just looking for some cool ideas.[quoted image]

Dollar Bill Acceptor?

3 weeks later
#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone explain the main feature differences between Luci and the 2012 Pro. Are there any key feature differences between the mini playfield and the decals? Thanks for the help.

Luci is a Premium, so aside from the art, just the regular pro/premium/le feature matrix would apply.

https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/pdfs/ACDC-Pinball-Game-Features.pdf

Just compare a pro to a premium. But AC/DC has one of the UGLIEST Pros ever made with that giant Angus face in the middle of the playfield. Get a Premium or a Luci vault and be done with it.

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Luci is the best bet! The Pro is super ugly!

Well, Back in Black is the best bet, but it's a bit spendy...

2 months later
#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks. I'll look into it. Looking more like rgb board is bad. Not sure it's worth worrying about for $102+ though.

That board is $1.39 at pinball life.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-pcb-led-replacement-board.html

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks vireland. I had actually ordered a few of these cheap boards, and that wasn't the problem. Turned out the factory soldered two wires on backwards on original light board. Posted the fix a couple pages back. Curious if anyone else has the axe light board wired wrong as well?

I've never had a Stern RGB board wired backwards, but I can see how it could happen at the end of a long day soldering (or a hungover Monday).

1 year later
#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I had a bunch of lower bulbs that constantly fell out. I tried all the tricks also to no avail. A small dab of hot glue from putting a lighter under the glue stick was the answer. It peels off quite easily and in one piece if you ever need to remove it. Just don't cram it between the bulb and holder.

You tried the electrical tape trick and it didn't work?

#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I’m having an issue keeping the flasher bulbs in the center and left lightning bolt sockets during play. They simply pop out during play and roll down the pf. The right one stays in. I’ve tried closing the wire tabs in the socket to snug the bulbs, and also different bulbs, but neither worked. Any suggestions besides hot glue. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Problem solved:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.