AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Vault edition? Quit dreaming guys it will never happen

It's happening very soon.

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

By September 2017 I'm thinking.

Yeah, looks like July-Aug. timeframe depending on model. Around the same time as Star Wars according to the info posted on the Belgium forum.

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some info that was posted on our forum in Belgium (source seems German, prices are in euro)...
Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!
Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

1 month later
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anybody have a red translucent apron for sale?

Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4603

2 months later
#773 6 years ago

Has anyone ever seen an issue where one of the color changing "eye" leds in the lower playfield didn't sync up perfectly with the other leds in terms of color. It changes colors but is a slightly different shade than the others. Would just replacing the individual light board solve it or do you think it would be an issue with a node board? thanks.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I thought SPIKE games were the first with node boards?

ACDC uses this. I think this would be considered a node board but I'm not really sure? Description is an LED Lamp extension board:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5331-00

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It is possible the LED needs to be swapped out. I bought a bunch of spares for Star Trek, may just need to solder a new LED on the board. Do you have a picture of the light board?

Thanks. I know I could just try swapping 2 of the led boards to see if the issue travels but will probably just pickup a spare board to see if that works. Here's a pic. Colors still change but the shade is off a little

IMG_20170912_191405335 (resized).jpgIMG_20170912_191405335 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170912_191221678 (resized).jpgIMG_20170912_191221678 (resized).jpg

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The individual LEDs are probably much cheaper than an entire board.

Yeah. I'm hoping one of these takes care of it. $11 isn't bad.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5333-00

2 months later
#845 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The recent TWD update makes me wonder why Lyman never went back to ACDC like he has for TWD and MET? I'm thinking about selling ACDC and getting a TWD premium.
Rob

I think at some point he'll do a final ACDC code release but I wouldn't hesitate to sell ACDC in favor of TWD. I own both and TWD is the better game all around and in a league of it's own. ACDC is probably still my 2nd favorite Stern though.

#847 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

I'd always be happy to see anything Lyman has up his sleeve, but what does ACDC need? Seems pretty complete to me...
Only things I'd like to see is nerfing Hells Bells scoring a bit, and something like an 'set break' mini wizard mode would be fun, half your way to encore. ACDC seems pretty complete as is, tho...

Yep. Nerf Hells Bells, balance out the scoring of the other songs a final time and a mini wizard mode for completing 6 songs and the code would be perfect!

2 months later
#981 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone worked out their new favourite song/strategy since installing latest update?

The biggest change for me is that it took away the temptation to play Hells Bell's all day if I wanted guaranteed big points. I used to always start with War Machine and then play HB for the rest of my game, now Ill mix it up a lot more and actually play BIB. I still tend to gravitate towards a handful of songs but I'm getting to experience more of what the game has to offer. I like the extra strategy with the Devil Horn shots now as well. If you can get to where you can use the VIP passes to extend multipliers it can be quite lucrative!

1 week later
#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's just a simple V plastic. Installing would be a bitch though since the stock ramp is riveted in.
I could do the pinball mod thing and buy this, cut it and sell it for $100 a piece.... But seriously, if you wanted to do this to your game, this would work just fine and would be clear as well.
http://www.wallguard.com/corner-guards/clear-corner-guards/2335-series.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI89Kr8oDd2QIVV57ACh0tggXtEAYYAiABEgKJO_D_BwE

If Stern were shipping games with clear plastic crossover ramps people would be modifying them with metal and accuse Stern of cost cutting. I'm happy with my metal crossover ramp.

1 week later
#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Vault Edition: Distinctions From Original-Run Premiums? **
I apologize if this has already been covered in other threads, but do Vault owners know, specifically, what improvements over the original-run Premiums were made for the Vault Edition? At this point the only constructive change I know of was to make the lens/window that covers the Underworld lower PF removable, rather than fixed.
What other changes were made? Were the faces of recently-revealed-to-be-racist band members' faces deleted from the translite photo assemblage? While interesting, if that's true, I'm more interested in gameplay and PF changes.
Thanks.
J

The auto-launch mech in the vault is the newer "improved" version. Also different lockdown bar mechs, smaller subwoofer in Vaults. The Original also had incandescent flashers and my guess is that the Vault uses LED flashers throughout?

2 months later
#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Can I ask the group a question.
I'm looking to get an AC/DC premium next month after a move. The prices for nice premiums and the new Luci versions are roughly the same, give or take. I'm inclined to get a new Luci, but is there any compelling reason to look out for nice original premiums instead, if prices are relatively equivalent? I know the cabinet art is different, but is there anything different with the pf or mechanics between the two, best anyone knows?
Thanks in advance!

There are some minor differences. Different autolauncher, different playfield windows, different cab speaker, etc. I'd rather have an original just because I think games were more solidly built 5-6 years ago. Better cabinet and playfield wood, more solid feel. Newer playfields seem to dimple and chip a lot more. My ACDC playfield still looks like glass even after 6 years. I also prefer the non removable playfield window since it doesn't require any maintenance or leveling. The new windows area bit clearer looking though. I've also played a couple of the LUCI VE's and they do seem to play a bit different for some reason? I've had friends comment on this as well but I'm not sure what the reason is?

2 weeks later
#1244 5 years ago

I just installed a Stern translucent apron in my game and think it would look even better if it was lit. Anyone have any quick instructions of what needs to be done and purchased to tie this into either the cannon or ramp flashers? Thanks!

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You just need two 12v 6 SMD pads. One goes on each side of the apron underneith it. Then you just wire them into the harness for the cannon flasher. Can't recall if it's a z connector or molex.
Do yourself a favor and get one more pad (in yellow) and put it in the cannon. You'll thank me later

Thanks! Will these work?

https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=MTX6SMDPAD12V

Or these?
https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=MTXCOB12V

1 month later
#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have the new version Luci and hate the way the left orbit hits the top of the right sling. What is proper set up? Should it go to the right flipper? I would almost rather have it activate the sling than hit where it does. I don't lose a lot of balls that way but just don't care for the action. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mine (original run premium) only hits the sling if it's a weak shot. If I hit the left orbit solid it will always come down to the right flipper. Sometimes I can combo this into hitting several left orbits in a row. My pitch is around 7 degrees, not sure if that makes a big difference or not?

1 month later
#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys.
I have an AC/DC Prem.....
I was wondering if any of you in this club also had a TWDLE? I am in a position to trade my AC/DC (+$) for TWDLE. I have never played TWD and wondered if any of you might have an honest, unbiased opinion as to whether or not I would be making a mistake.
Thanks for any input guys!
Kyle

I have both games side by side in my collection. I play both games about the same but would give a slight edge to TWDLE as far as being my favorite. I think the rules are slightly better and I like that there are multiple attainable wizard modes as well as a theme you can really get into like Horde vs. ACDC which is more scoring based and just has one incredibly hard to get to Wizard mode. There aren't many games I'd get rid of ACDC for but TWDLE is one of them. Good luck!

2 months later
#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

My father-in-law bought a NIB Vault edition recently and he's *really* struggling with this thing, skill wise. He averages 5-8 million points and 3-4 cusswords per game. Generally his drains come from a left ramp rollback down the center, Bell rebound down the center, TNT rebound down the center, or right bumper popping to the left outlane.
What can we do to make it easier (more fun for him) to play without just extending ball save time and making it a 5 ball game?
I was able to decrease the size of the left outlane, but the right one is covered by the cannon and I was nervous about messing with all of that. I'm a novice myself. Any other suggestions?

I would check to make sure that it's pitched and leveled correctly. ACDC is a game that seems to play better the steeper you set it. If it's pitched too shallow you get more side-to-side action which results in more outlane drains.

4 months later
#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Wait, what? You want the song jackpots to continue after a drain? That would kill the absolute best feature of AC/DC and that is the risk vs reward strategy. You let the song jackpot carry over from ball to ball it takes all the stress out of trying to get your fire lines completed to cash out on that song jackpot with 2 or 3x going before you drain if you just had a great ball going.

Agreed! Let's not second guess the master (Lyman). He has put more thought and care into this software than anyone. If he doesn't use every insert to it's full potential (cannon inserts), than I trust that he has a good reason for it. The software on this game is already better than any game not named Walking Dead. When he finishes OI Mania and puts the finishing polish on the game it could very well go down as his best game! It's already a masterpiece and those of you calling his code uninspired have no idea what you're talking about!

2 weeks later
#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not even close imo. ACDC is far superior. Even with the newest code, MET is a lumberjack’s dream game.

Agreed. I really want to like Metallica as I like the band and art better than ACDC but the game feels like chopping wood and doesn't have the excitement and smooth layout of ACDC.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’m just not a huge Borg fan. I tend to struggle with his layouts. TWD was so well done all around though. And it’s a dream theme for me. So that one gets a pass. Haha

TWD is Borg's best layout and Lyman's masterpiece. My all time favorite game and really the only game that comes close is ACDC! Just need Lyman to finish that code and put it over the top...

IMG_20190512_091116 (resized).jpgIMG_20190512_091116 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Aloha ALL,
I am circling the wagon and about to pull the trigger on this 'Amazing-Bad-ASS AC/DC pinball machine. It will be my first since I was a kid 40 years ago playing some really simple stuff back in the early 70's . I think I saw one from memory crazy how far we have come.
The 2 I am looking at are both premiums and almost the same price as both are gentle used from home owners. Luci looks kinda cool.
Some nice mods have been added like the hi-def glass, shaker and upgraded sound system.
After spending about 20 hours on here and a few other blogs and forums I see we can go crazy on "MODS"
The quality of the work you guys post up is incredible. The TNT, the plunger, the cover for the back right and so on. Very Impressive group.
Hope to get this done ASAP and show some pictures and be apart of this cool 'CLUB"
Thanks for the awesome community.

Congrats on your future purchase. I wish my first pin would have been as good as ACDC! One of the best games of all time. I've got a regular Premium with the LUCI translite which is my preferred package.

1 month later
#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right now the only way I’m getting there is 10 ball. I’m not that desperate yet. Haha

Adjusting song completion down to 6 shots makes a huge difference in getting to Encore. I wasn't even close on stock settings but making this one adjustment makes it so that I can get to Encore fairly regularly if I try for it.-just get really good at shooting that right orbit shot.

1 week later
#2012 4 years ago

Just curious what the attraction is with the crossover lexan ramp? I haven't seen one in person but does it look better? It kind of seems like it might cheapen the look of the game as the lexan looks like a cost reduced version of the stainless ramp. I have a feeling if these games came out with clear lexan from the factory that people would be upgrading them with stainless steel to make them seem more "metal". Usually stainless is preferred over plastic.

#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I will take 2, just in case one breaks.
I like the almost invisible look to it.

It may be one of those things I need to see in person to appreciate.

1 week later
#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Does the ColorDMD still work with the new code (v1.70) installed?

It works but every once in a great while there will be a frame that isn't colored but it's barely noticable. I would recommend using one in the game on 1.70.

2 weeks later
#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone had an issue with the left side targets making a reset sound? When a target is hit, the game appears to be making a reset sound but the target does not actually reset (it stays down). The targets do seem to be physically moving as well. Any ideas on things to check? Thanks for the help. Jim

You may need to re-flow the solder joints on the opto board for the drop targets. I had a similar issue with my game and that solved it.

2 months later
#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So after replacing the little light board on the A in AXE, it still doesn't glow any red. What would be the next thing to try? I assume the driver board is next? I reseated all connections on driver board.[quoted image]

It's likely a connector issue. I had a similar issue in my lower playfield and ended up replacing the IDC connector with a molex and it solved the issue.

1 month later
#2491 4 years ago

I wonder if there's any way we can convince Lyman to add "Encore" as a separate gameplay option at start? -similar to what is being done on Jurassic Park. Encore would be perfect for this since it's 3 ball and has enough depth to justify the option. Yeah, the points won't be as lucrative but it would be a fun way to experience the mode and practice for when you do get there during general gameplay.

3 months later
#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Anyone hear any rumors if oi mania gets fixed this year?
Would love to see a mini-wizard after 6 songs or something...

I'd be thrilled if they did the following:
1. Fix OI mania
2. Implement live versions of songs
3. Make Encore selectable at game start (Like Nublar on JP2).

Pretty please Lyman!

1 year later
#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

New vault to me.My son and I were wondering why the drummer was not included.Is he the one that had legal trouble and went to the big house or something.Great game.

That's exactly why the drummer wasn't included in the Vault.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.